• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like how there are good players in Anni FFA right now.

Speaking of FFA, I hopped on to play a few game early, and due to the jackpot I decided to play a game of Rumble Pit. People voted none of the above, so there was 6 options given to the lobby. 4 of those 6 were Sword Base. How does that happen?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Shouldn't have let anyone pick players.

Because now teams are going to be sorted by Trueskill methods:

1 great player+ 1 good player+ 2 lower skilled players=4 good players

Shouldn't have let anyone pick players.

ive-made-a-huge-mistake-arrested-development.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Also I'll probably be on in an hour or so if you want some easy FFA kills.
Yeah!

Speaking of FFA, I hopped on to play a few game early, and due to the jackpot I decided to play a game of Rumble Pit. People voted none of the above, so there was 6 options given to the lobby. 4 of those 6 were Sword Base. How does that happen?
I just got beaver creek three times in a row in Anni FFA. Superior playlist confirmed.

It really is better than Rumble Pit.

Fracas

#fuckonami
The first 2 players on every team are set in stone. Everyone who a captain picked, is on that team for sure.

Everything I've done in the last hour...I may scrap.

The Live rankings really mean nothing without the UU spread numbers between each title. We know at one point during 2008 the actual number spread between number 1 and number 10 only differed by 10,000 users.

There's simply more top billing games now on the 360. Halo 3 and MW were kings of a fairly calm field. I think people just got too used to the idea that Halo should be #1 forever because Halo 2 had the #1 spot for OXbox Live from when it released to when OXbox Live went down, when that was honestly a result of it having the best interface to play online with. On even footing like every 360 title has now, Halo 2's leaderboard positions would have been much more realistic.

Halo 3 was number 1 too until cod mw2 or waw. Reach sold less than Halo 3 too with three years extra of installed base.

The first 2 players on every team are set in stone. Everyone who a captain picked, is on that team for sure.

Everything I've done in the last hour...I may scrap.

Use your tiers.

Right now we have 6 tiers.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6

Your average in any given team should amount to around 3.5. On a 4 player team, you should perhaps be aiming for a combined total of 14. That's your sweet spot. Me and Krow add up to 3, so perhaps a Tier 5 and 6 player in our team would balance it.

Now, this might have drawbacks. Would two Tier 1 players and two Tier 6 players be as balanced as a team consisting of two Tier 3 players and two Tier 4 players? I dunno :p

Just a thought.

Sales are a pretty dumb way of arguing anything.

Halo 3 is garbage MP cause it plays like poop, I would rather just play with poop actually.

Halo Reach is all boss. Dong on kids all day with dat precision DMR..mm get dat BR paintbrush weapon hot garbo netcode 18fps i could draw the game quicker than its processsed snailtrail H3 out of my face.

Slamdunk.

daedalius

Halo 3 is garbage MP cause it plays like poop, I would rather just play with poop actually.

Halo Reach is all boss. Dong on kids all day with dat precision DMR..mm get dat BR paintbrush weapon hot garbo netcode 18fps i could draw the game quicker than its processsed snailtrail H3 out of my face.

Slamdunk.

real life lol

Slamdunk.

tumblr_m61gybxgG91qgz9tno2_250.gif

Slamdunk.

Is that why you played so many games of it?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Halo 3 is really fun. TU Reach is a hair better. MLG Reach is leagues better.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Use your tiers.

Right now we have 6 tiers.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6

Your average in any given team should amount to around 3.5. On a 4 player team, you should perhaps be aiming for a combined total of 14. That's your sweet spot. Me and Krow add up to 3, so perhaps a Tier 5 and 6 player in our team would balance it.

Now, this might have drawbacks. Would two Tier 1 players and two Tier 6 players be as balanced as a team consisting of two Tier 3 players and two Tier 4 players? I dunno :p

Just a thought.

That's what I'm trying to do. Only problem is, like you said, balancing it like that may not actually work. Also, HaloGAF is really top heavy, in terms of skill. Kinda throws it off.

Slamdunk.

Didn't you like Halo 2 ? Halo 3 is practically the same in game play.

Risen

Risen, this is the clip I was excited about from earlier. And yea, I know it's a triple kill.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4u5LH6X7Lg

Nice lol... I swear I'm going to do a montage some day of all triples.

My headset broke the last game... lost sound out of my right ear - kept playing but had to use ear buds. Feels bad man.

Halo 3 is a smoother, more balanced version of Halo 2.

lol balanced in what way junior? the equipment that was added? the spread on the BR? a useless suite of weapons in the sandbox? maybe you meant the way they added a touch of inertia and changed the aim acceleration?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
That's what I'm trying to do. Only problem is, like you said, balancing it like that may not actually work. Also, HaloGAF is really top heavy, in terms of skill. Kinda throws it off.

Just having two top tier players on the same team is enough to make the balance go off. When the teams finalise it will be easy to make predictions based on that fact alone if any teams are made up that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom