• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halo 2 is the worst one.
Bring it haters.

1329179424_mj-laughing1.gif

heckfu

Banned
To be fair I think Halo 2 had the best story and the best multiplayer maps. I just think it has the weakest gameplay and I can't stand all the glitches. I didn't say I don't like the game, I just think it is the worst of the Halos.

Best story?! They didn't even finish what they wanted to! I think that speaks poorly of the other games, story wise. And I know all this is subjective so it's not a debate, but I'll stand by Halo 2 as having my favorite multiplayer experience of any game, ever.

Best story?! They didn't even finish what they wanted to! I think that speaks poorly of the other games, story wise. And I know all this is subjective so it's not a debate, but I'll stand by Halo 2 as having my favorite multiplayer experience of any game, ever.
Do I sense Sarcasm? Halo 2 has the best story. Or at least the best dialogues of the games.

heckfu

Banned
Do I sense Sarcasm? Halo 2 has the best story. Or at least the best dialogues of the games.

I think I like 3 as far as dialogue goes. And Halo 1 gets my vote for best story...they created it from scratch and made an entire world in 1 game. The sequal advanced it and told some pretty awesome parts of the side of the story we hadn't seen, but the originality of 1 just gets it for me.

I think I like 3 as far as dialogue goes. And Halo 1 gets my vote for best story...they created it from scratch and made an entire world in 1 game. The sequal advanced it and told some pretty awesome parts of the side of the story we hadn't seen, but the originality of 1 just gets it for me.
Yep, 1 still takes it for me as far as story is concerned. It also has the benefit of being encapsulated and enjoyable on its own while Halo 2 still is, and always will have a middle finger for an ending.

What soundtrack do you guys like best? Halo 2 for me but Halo 3 is right up there. Halo 1 of course was good too.
ODST

Halo 1 didn't really have much in the way of story. I do like Halo 3's story but there are only a few good scenes. Even though Halo 2's wasn't even finished all the characters just felt right .

heckfu

Banned
What soundtrack do you guys like best? Halo 2 for me but Halo 3 is right up there. Halo 1 of course was good too.
ODST has a special place in my heart for being amazing even though it took a departure from the classic score. Halo 2 is tainted by Incubus (although on their own they are good tracks, don't shoot me!) and the other rock songs and remixes, whatever. Aside from those it's the best.

Halo 1 didn't really have much in the way of story. I do like Halo 3's story but there are only a few good scenes. Even though Halo 2's wasn't even finished all the characters just felt right .

Oh absolutely, I can't say any of the games have a TERRIBLE story (lookin at you Reach).

Halo 2 had the best dialogue and cutscenes, the Arbiters plot helped that as well.

Arbiter: [standing before the heirarchs and the counsel] There was only one ship.
Prophet of Truth: One? Are you sure?
Arbiter: Yes. They called it the "Pillar of Autumn"
Prophet of Mercy: Why was it not destroyed with the rest of their fleet?
Arbiter: It fled as we set fire to their planet. I followed with all the ships in my command.
Prophet of Regret: When you first saw Halo, were you blinded by its magesty?
Arbiter: Blinded?
Prophet of Regret: Paralyzed? Dumbstruck?
Arbiter: No!
Prophet of Regret: Yet the humans were able to evade your ships, land on the sacred ring, and descrate it with their filty footsteps!
Arbiter: Noble hierarchs, surely you understand that once the parasite attacked...
[crowd uproars]
Prophet of Mercy: There will be order in this counsel!
Prophet of Truth: [Gestures the crowd to be silent] You were right to focus your attention on The Flood, but this Demon? This Master Chief?
Arbiter: By the time I learned of the Demon's intent, there was nothing I could do!
[crowd uproars again]
Prophet of Regret: [whispering] Prophet of Truth, this has gone on long enough! Make an example of this bungler! The Counsel demands it!
Prophet of Truth: [to the Arbiter] You are one of our most treasured instruments. Long have you lead your fleet with honor and distinction. But, your inability to safeguard Halo was a colossal failure.
Counselman: Nay! It was heresy!
[crowd uproars intensely]
Arbiter: I will continue my campaign against the humans!
Prophet of Truth: No, you will not.
[Signals the Honor Guards to take him away]
Prophet of Truth: The Great Journey is about to begin. But, when it does, the weight of your heresy will stay your feet... and you shall be left behind.

a zoojoo

Banned

I really love all of them, Marty is a BAWS. But my favorite, has to be Halo 2, because it introduced alot of themes into the Halo games that we all love. One Final Effort anybody?

\
Oh absolutely, I can't say any of the games have a TERRIBLE story (lookin at you Reach).

I wouldn't say Reach's story is terrible, they just need to give a definitive explanation on what the fuck is up with the timeline. I will say however that most of the levels in the campaign are horse shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom