• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just rage quit Halo 3. Sorry guys. I can't have fun with it.

I hope you have fun unlocking that BR! :/
I actually think I will. As much as unlock systems suck for creating an imbalanced playing field, it's fun to earn them points.

OK... so if you can force me into a phone booth you have a point - but that's creating a framework for your own argument that doesn't exist consistently enough.

You cannot force me into that phone booth enough for it to matter. Certainly not enough to make most of the sandbox matter against a skilled precision weapon user.

As I said earlier I stick close to tight corners. I lure people into encounters where I have the upper hand. I don't like being in areas where I get destroyed by a BR/DMR because I am not that great with them, so I use the sandbox in a way that allows me to get kills. It works fine most of the time. Also nobody try and take this as me camping, that's not what I do.
I think a misunderstanding of how I play started this whole thing...

Havok

only 5000 SPARTAN POINTS!

I'd say it'll be unlocked after about 5-10 MP games honestly.
One of the videos from E3 showed it unlocking at Major Grade 3, which was 140k XP in. Whether or not that was cut in or not is up in the air, but it appeared to be seamless with the previous few frames showing the guy ranking up after a game where he got around 13k XP.

Hopefully it's not too far into the progression.

Tawpgun

Because I play Halo differently I am the Hitler of this thread.

Interesting.

I'll get on that soon, but first...

Woah, I thought you were perma'd. Nice to see you back.

STOP CONFUSING ME WITH STARWOLF.

I need a mod/admin to change my name to Tawpgun

As I said earlier I stick close to tight corners. I lure people into encounters where I have the upper hand. I don't like being in areas where I get destroyed by a BR/DMR because I am not that great with them, so I use the sandbox in a way that allows me to get kills. It works fine most of the time. Also nobody try and take this as me camping, that's not what I do.
I think a misunderstanding of how I play started this whole thing...

Ok, my honest opinion on this matter is you're not that good at Halo. Plain and simple. Those tactics can easily work on casual players. But high level players would DESTROY you in nearly every encounter.

How much do you really contribute to the team by playing like this? I'd be willing to bet that if I played some matches with you, and I had say, juices, kyle, over etc. on my team so we could bring up the trueskill value of our party... you would get absolutley left behind in kill count.

Ok, my honest opinion on this matter is you're not that good at Halo. Plain and simple. Those tactics can easily work on casual players. But high level players would DESTROY you in nearly every encounter.

How much do you really contribute to the team by playing like this? I'd be willing to bet that if I played some matches with you, and I had say, juices, kyle, over etc. on my team so we could bring up the trueskill value of our party... you would get absolutley left behind in kill count.

My honest opinion on the matter is that you are an elitist.
To each his own.

Tawpgun

My honest opinion on the matter is that you are an elitist.

Then take me up on my offer. Play some high level games, see how your performance does.

If I'm elitist because I truly believe precision weapons are the best, most efficient way to play the game through my years of experience in Halo, so be it.

I think the weapon sandbox goes to shit at a high level of play. It becomes all precision weapons and power weapons.

What's your gamertag by the way?

Then take me up on my offer. Play some high level games, see how your performance does.

If I'm elitist because I truly believe precision weapons are the best, most efficient way to play the game through my years of experience in Halo, so be it.

I think the weapon sandbox goes to shit at a high level of play. It becomes all precision weapons and power weapons.

What's your gamertag by the way?
Not hard to figure out.

Fracas

#fuckonami
scrubs.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
leave the guy alone. at least hes not preaching the virtues of camo + shotgun

Havok

Didn't realize you guys had such a big H3 party going, decided it would be a dick move to force you into customs by joining instead of doing BTB like you were.

Buddermilk

Neo Member
Thanx everyone, super-exciting day. Laying on a couch in the hospital now.
On top of that I was added to the player roster for the tournament!

Thanx everyone, super-exciting day. Laying on a couch in the hospital now.
On top of that I was added to the player roster for the tournament!
Now that you have a child, finding time to play in an online video game tournament with absolutely no tangible prizes should be both easy AND justifiable.

For Serious: Congratulations on becoming a dad. Our nation desperately needs an influx of young workers!

@Juniors: Some of you have had months to plan for the day when you are able to post here. You can do better than this. I believe in you!

Tawpgun

ArchedThunder

.95 k/d
54 BPR
65% win/loss ratio

Melee as top used weapon.

Take someone who has the DMR as their primary kill tool, and I guarantee their stats would be better.

I'm so fucking elitist for using stats.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Now that you have a child, finding time to play in an online video game tournament with absolutely no tangible prizes should be both easy AND justifiable.

For Serious: Congratulations on becoming a dad. Our nation desperately needs an influx of young workers!

@Juniors: Some of you have had months to plan for the day when you are able to post here. You can do better than this. I believe in you!

For real. I don't remember my first HaloGAF post but I'm sure it was awesome.

Ken

ArchedThunder

.95 k/d
54 BPR
65% win/loss ratio

Melee as top used weapon.

Take someone who has the DMR as their primary kill tool, and I guarantee their stats would be better.

I'm so fucking elitist for using stats.

If someone looked at my stats and made fun of me I'd be pretty upset. :(

For real. I don't remember my first HaloGAF post but I'm sure it was awesome.
Here's mine:
PastBregmann said:
Mr. Sam said:
The Halo community can be, uh, somewhat questionable at times.
On that note: Hi HaloGAF!

Love the planned playlist changes. Wish we had VS. Firefight in there though.

Junior Speculation: What are the odds that they have some kind of ODST-esque campaign expansion in the works for next year and THAT is when we'll see new FF maps?

Oh PastBregmann, you were so stupid. How I miss your wide-eyed enthusiasm and hope for Reach's future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom