• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
o4Sjj.gif

The instant I said they weren't useless everyone jumped on my ass, and after lurking for months I have seem many people complain about getting killed by ARs while using a BR or DMR. When it comes to really close range the BR is bested by almost everything that fires automatic. I also only became "arrogant" about my apparent skill with the weapons after be bombarded about what I said.
Also why do people keep taking what I say as meaning that they are super powerful weapons. All I said is that in close range they are really good.

People complain about AR's because its generally disliked across GAF because it makes you useless on spawning. I don't remember ever seeing people complain about being killed by a AR but you did and i don't care to argue about it.

Iv completely stopped caring about this.

As a side note a quick look at your gameplay stats points towards the assumption that maybe you're not the most qualified to be arguing the effectiveness of weapons since most of your games are going to be in the lower skill groups.

People complain about AR's because its generally disliked across GAF because it makes you useless on spawning. I don't remember ever seeing people complain about being killed by a AR but you did and i don't care to argue about it.

Iv completely stopped caring about this.

As a side note a quick look at your gameplay stats points towards the assumption that maybe your not the most qualified to be arguing the effectiveness of weapons since most of your games are going to be in the lower skill groups.
I guess I'm not MLG Pro enough for you.

Halo 3 is a smoother, more balanced version of Halo 2.

I lost it on smoother.

LOL

No truer words about us California drivers have been spoken than by Ghaleon's tweets today.

As someone that doesn't live there, but has spent considerable time there, his comments are 100% correct haha.

How exactly do you know 3 outsold Reach?

There is no accurate way to compare sales anymore. Sometimes the publisher releases sales numbers of their games, and that's all you can really trust. In any case, I fail to see how sales dictates with game is better. How many of you believe that MW3 is better than the original MW?

Do you have a large Ari Gold GIF folder? If so, I want to go to there.

I had many other quoted posts to reply to, but the replies were all the same: POPCORN.GIF

Ramirez

The instant I said they weren't useless everyone jumped on my ass, and after lurking for months I have seem many people complain about getting killed by ARs while using a BR or DMR. When it comes to really close range the BR is bested by almost everything that fires automatic. I also only became "arrogant" about my apparent skill with the weapons after be bombarded about what I said.
Also why do people keep taking what I say as meaning that they are super powerful weapons. All I said is that in close range they are really good.

This was you wasn't it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n-bhI12SK8&list=UU3iwk4pq6OYw9MGPvhFFUKg&index=7&feature=plcp

Nice to meet you.

I had the exact same problem last season. We played together every game, never dropped etc, but got different ranks. Really weird because last we heard about Arena it was only Win/Loss. I don't think 343 have changed anything...

I don't think there is an answer outside Frankie/David having a look :/

The only explanation I can think of is that he dropped from one of your games together. As far as I can tell, Halo Waypoint doesn't show DNFs like Bungie.net did.
He didn't drop from any games as far as I remember. I'm using the stats provided in game from the service record which reports (wins)/(games played); the stat is the same for us both.

Frank or David, would either of you like to take a stab at why this is happening?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Now I go into Double Teams and my brother is accused of CIRCLE BOOSTING IN HEY-LO FUCKING REACH.

THE GAME WITH NO RANKS

Then the guy who did best on their team has this backyard walmart wifi connection and its apparent it was his cause he quits at the end of the game AND THE HOST HAS TO SWITCH SO I CAN SEE MY STATS.

I've played with plenty of high 40's and 50's.

Thats nice, Im not going to dig into your game history to check that and/or the level of each person you played with so ill take your word for it. (for the record im a 44 in h3 and i suck rank =/= skill)

I very much doubt you would hold the same opinion of weapons as you currently do if you had played against actual good BR users because that weapon is known for dominating at essentially every range.

Like i said, i care little about this if you choose to maintain that those weapons are dominant at a specific range then you can and i really dont care.

lolz

Now I go into Double Teams and my brother is accused of CIRCLE BOOSTING IN HEY-LO FUCKING REACH.

THE GAME WITH NO RANKS

Then the guy who did best on their team has this backyard walmart wifi connection and its apparent it was his cause he quits at the end of the game AND THE HOST HAS TO SWITCH SO I CAN SEE MY STATS.

Boost that invis truskill bro

Direct me to this epic Ari Gold GIF folder you sonofabitch!

So you know whose names to write on the aderall perscriptions? Cunning.

haha

Seriously though

Thats nice, Im not going to dig into your game history to check that and/or the level of each person you played with so ill take your word for it. (for the record im a 44 in h3 and i suck rank =/= skill)

I very much doubt you would hold the same opinion of weapons as you currently do if you had played against actual good BR users because that weapon is known for dominating at essentially every range.

Like i said, i care little about this if you choose to maintain that those weapons are dominant at a specific range then you can and i really dont care.
Halo 3 matches by rank, so how would looking at my stats even say what kind of people I get paired up with?
Just because I get a certain amount of kills with a certain weapon doesn't mean I must automatically only get paired up against bad players.

.shin

Banned

I'm not gonna try and anger anyone but it seemed like you were taking it personally because he was playing Halo differently, IMO.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The hell are you people even arguing about? We need new Halo 4 info, this thread is dying a painful death.

.shin

Banned
I remember posting about how I sometimes found AR/Pistol starts fun and HaloGAF got extremely upset.

They take rifle starts very seriously.

I can see that. I think rifles are absolutely great, but close range weapons shouldn't get as much hate as they do, because in many situations they are very effective against long range weapons if you know how to use them well.

Risen

The instant I said they weren't useless everyone jumped on my ass, and after lurking for months I have seem many people complain about getting killed by ARs while using a BR or DMR. When it comes to really close range the BR is bested by almost everything that fires automatic.

Except it doesn't... nade plus BR kills everything... and faster than any non power weapon could possibly do the same; honestly, H3 played out just like H2 and CE in terms of one weapon that ruled them all. Skilled players with BR's slapped everyone using anything else at any range, all day, every day. (power weapons aside of course).

Precision weapons by their very nature are better at almost everything in terms of securing kills, than non-precision weapons. They may have to be combined with other mechanics, but skilled players do that innately.

Every weapon has a use? OK - sure... if I'm using it, in a role I decide, at an appropriate range... obviously it has a "use"; but the sandbox was just as useless relative to the one utilitarian weapon available when combined with other mechanics and map structure.

Complaining about an AR killing you (or any weapon) is downright silly...

I can see that. I think rifles are absolutely great, but close range weapons shouldn't get as much hate as they do, because in many situations they are very effective against long range weapons if you know how to use them well.

Oh, I completely disagree that the close range weapons are effective against long range weapons at their intended range. A skilled DMR user is going to beat out a skilled AR user maybe 85-90 times out of 100.

The problem lies in skewed data, though. Because people switching to their AR are generally (emphasis on GENERALLY) less skilled than those that are going to just stick to their DMR.

That's not to say that there aren't situations in which I don't pull out my AR in order to say, ambush someone and get the kill the easy way. But the times where I do that are negligible compared to the times where I just stick with my DMR.

Except it doesn't... nade plus BR kills everything... and faster than any non power weapon could possibly do the same; honestly, H3 played out just like H2 and CE in terms of one weapon that ruled them all. Skilled players with BR's slapped everyone using anything else at any range, all day, every day. (power weapons aside of course).

Precision weapons by their very nature are better at almost everything in terms of securing kills, than non-precision weapons. They may have to be combined with other mechanics, but skilled players do that innately.

Every weapon has a use? OK - sure... if I'm using it, in a role I decide, at an appropriate range... obviously it has a "use"; but the sandbox was just as useless relative to the one utilitarian weapon available when combined with other mechanics and map structure.

Complaining about an AR killing you (or any weapon) is downright silly...

When I say close range I mean close enough that a second will fill the gap into melee territory.

zap

The problem is not with ARs and other auto weapons, it's the fact we have never had a decent starting weapon in all playlists. I don't care who uses an AR as long as we all have access to a BR/DMR. Without a decent precision weapon on spawn, games can get very lopsided.

Feel free to use an AR against a great player with a BR, just don't expect to have a chance.

Sticky detonator is satisfying.

RIP propipe

Risen

When I say close range I mean close enough that a second will fill the gap into melee territory.

OK... so if you can force me into a phone booth you have a point - but that's creating a framework for your own argument that doesn't exist consistently enough.

You cannot force me into that phone booth enough for it to matter. Certainly not enough to make most of the sandbox matter against a skilled precision weapon user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom