• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I have a prescription to what you are on plz?
All weapons in Halo have a range you should use them in. On a tight corners map those 3 weapons are amazing, only bested by insta kill weapons. They aren't going to work if you run around in the open like an idiot.
The only weapon in Halo 3 that is useless is the pistol.

All weapons in Halo have a range you should use them in. On a tight corners map those 3 weapons are amazing, only bested by insta kill weapons. They aren't going to work if you run around in the open like an idiot.

How do I Spiker at long range then?

Oozer3993

Magnum, Spiker, and almost no one picked up the Plasma Rifle and SMG because dual wielding was nerfed from Halo 2. In comparison, the only weapon like that in 2 was the Needler because of its slow moving projectiles.

The SMG, Spiker, and Plasma Rifle were solid weapons in Halo 3 and the Magnum had it's place. Their usage rates only went down because of the deemphasizing of dual wielding in Halo 3. Dual wieldable weapons were useless in Halo 2 when not dual wielding (all-but-broken Plasma Pistol exempted). They weren't used because they were good weapons, they were used because the sandbox essentially forced you to match up your starting SMG with something because it was near useless on its own. Trying to balance weapons while also accommodating dual wielding was so difficult, that dual wielding has been dropped from every Halo game since 3. And this is without even touching on how badly balanced the Battle Rifle turned out to be in Halo 2.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

I'm gonna have to go back and play Halo 3. I've been playing it wrong this whole time. The clouds...have just cleared

zap

That no longer plays a role in the arena ranking system. It's win/loss, and since my friend and I played the same games, I don't understand how the outcome is different. For example, we were the exact same last season.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

We're playing the same matches. Every game I have played in arena has been with my friend, yet we have somehow been ranked differently. Again, this has never happened in previous seasons.

I had the exact same problem last season. We played together every game, never dropped etc, but got different ranks. Really weird because last we heard about Arena it was only Win/Loss. I don't think 343 have changed anything...

I don't think there is an answer outside Frankie/David having a look :/

kylej

Banned
Maybe you should learn how to use weapons instead of using them in the wrong way and giving up on them. Those 3 weapons dual wielded with any of the other 2 or with themselves(except Plasma Rifle) will kill in about a second in close range. But of course people in here can even figure out how to use the Assault Rifle properly and only know how to use the BR.

um the proper way to use weapons is to use them to win i.e. rip the dicks off nerds who dream about the Bungie Sandbox as they get their wig split and 4 shot by good weapons.

Overdoziz

Banned
Maybe you should learn how to use weapons instead of using them in the wrong way and giving up on them. Those 3 weapons dual wielded with any of the other 2 or with themselves(except Plasma Rifle) will kill in about a second in close range. But of course people in here can even figure out how to use the Assault Rifle properly and only know how to use the BR.
EazyB?

How do I Spiker at long range then?

You don't. Running around in an area with long sight lines holding a close range weapon is one of the stupidest things you can do. I don't know why so many people hate weapons that can't be used in every range and then get mad when they get killed in a range that that weapon isn't amazing in.

You don't. Running around in an area with long sight lines holding a close range weapon is one of the stupidest things you can do. I don't know why so many people hate weapons that can't be used in every range and then get mad when they get killed in a range that that weapon isn't amazing in.

Stop.

Aggrotek

image.php

image.php

Coincidence?

You don't understand me. I do. I just want to get better at it. I get that the Spiker is really good up close. The blade gives a small bonus like the Brute Shot to melee right?

The thing about dual wielding is that you don't do 2x damage holding two Spikers. That was debunked by some Bungie Update years ago. It's never 2x damage when holding 2 dual wieldable guns.

I know it's silly to dual wield 2 Spikers and exoect kills a long range, but just using one is triscky to do that.

kylej

Banned
yo dude help me out here these guys are mocking me DUDE answer your aim messages I need help you gotta back me up at gaf

Ramirez

Then like, what, only 8 people will have fun? ;P

Not randomizing the entire process will ultimately produce one or two teams that are obviously above everyone else. :p

4tSkl.gif

Korosenai

So, there has been 9 or 10 pages posted on halogaf today... And i dont really feel like going through all of it.

Cliffnotes? Or is it just all of the juniors posting?

You don't understand me. I do. I just want to get better at it. I get that the Spiker is really good up close. The blade gives a small bonus like the Brute Shot to melee right?

The thing about dual wielding is that you don't do 2x damage holding two Spikers. That was debunked by some Bungie Update years ago. It's never 2x damage when holding 2 dual wieldable guns.

I know it's silly to dual wield 2 Spikers and exoect kills a long range, but just using one is triscky to do that.

Each weapon does a little less damage but you still do more damage than one Spiker alone. If you can get kills long range with a short range weapon be my guest, I'll play it safe in tight corners with it though.

No dude, you're not getting it. He knows how to use them, you see the rest of us guys who played 100's of hours just completely ignored those weapons because we are so narrow minded about the PRO BR.

It turns out that a Spiker+Plasma rifle combo is actually the best way to kill people in halo.

Aggrotek

So, there has been 9 or 10 pages posted on halogaf today... And i dont really feel like going through all of it.

Grab some popcorn bro.

No dude, you're not getting it. He knows how to use them, you see the rest of us guys who played 100's of hours just completely ignored those weapons because we are so narrow minded about the PRO BR.

It turns out that a Spiker+Plasma rifle combo is actually the best way to kill people in halo.

I guess I should sell my box.

Ramirez

You never miss anything in here, 99% noise. :p

One of the other juniors had a Magikarp avatar, were there 151 juniors approved today by any chance?

You can keep ignoring what I'm actually saying if you want. I didn't say that. All I said is that they aren't useless and they are actually pretty useful when used in the right situation. Some how only like 3 people seem to actually understand what I said.

Ramirez

You can keep ignoring what I'm actually saying if you want. I didn't say that. All I said is that they aren't useless and they are actually pretty useful when used in the right situation. Some how only like 3 people seem to actually understand what I said.

What people fail to realize is that in your skill bracket, they probably are actually useful.

kylej

Banned
the only situation they're useful in is if you hide around corners while crouched to stay off radar from people with BRs or if you're playing against members of the deaf and blind community who don't have thumbs.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Go most positive last 3 TO games, constantly cleaning out enemies, teammates can't wield their dicks to piss straight.

At least I got this:

ujm6A.jpg

Then on Neut. Bomb on Asylum, I got this dumb fuck of a teammate HANGING back at our base WITH CAMO ON and the SNIPER.

DOING

FUCKING

NOTHING

JIJNY.gif

What people fail to realize is that in your skill bracket, they probably are actually useful.

I don't know if I should take that as an insult or you defending me, or both.

the only situation they're useful in is if you hide around corners while crouched to stay off radar from people with BRs or if you're playing against members of the deaf and blind community who don't have thumbs.

Or you keep them as a side arm for when you enter tight corners and switch to a long range weapon once you go into an open area. But some how saying I can use them seems to make you think I only use them.

You can keep ignoring what I'm actually saying if you want. I didn't say that. All I said is that they aren't useless and they are actually pretty useful when used in the right situation. Some only like 3 people seem to actually understand what I said.

Unless you have a power weapon a skilled player is going to kill with a BR at ANY range. Its not up for debate. The usefulness of those weapons is completely linked to the skill of the person your fighting. I can guarantee that if you tried some close quarter dual wield combo against any competent BR user your going to be absolutely destroyed.

Thats one of the reasons Bloom was introduced to limit the effectiveness of the BR/DMR because its essentially the only weapon bar power weapons worth picking up.

You like spikers and SMG's? thats cool, me to. But when you being so arrogant about your skill with them and calling telling someone like kyle(and the rest of us) who is a really good player that he cant even use a AR properly no one will take your opinion seriously.

You think we just grabbed the DMR/BR and ignored the sandbox completely? well i got news we didnt we obviously tested everything because getting good at the game was the goal if the PR or the Spiker was a dominant weapon then we would be using those instead. There is a very clear reason why we are not.

Havok

Relevant:

WPm3V.png

Not putting this out there as demeaning, but it provides good context.

Korosenai

We're playing the same matches. Every game I have played in arena has been with my friend, yet we have somehow been ranked differently. Again, this has never happened in previous seasons.
The only explanation I can think of is that he dropped from one of your games together. As far as I can tell, Halo Waypoint doesn't show DNFs like Bungie.net did.

Unless you have a power weapon a skilled player is going to kill with a BR at ANY range. Its not up for debate. The usefulness of those weapons is completely linked to the skill of the person your fighting. I can guarantee that if you tried some close quarter dual wield combo against any competent BR user your going to be absolutely destroyed.

Thats one of the reasons Bloom was introduced to limit the effectiveness of the BR/DMR because its essentially the only weapon bar power weapons worth picking up.

You like spikers and SMG's? thats cool, me to. But when you being so arrogant about your skill with them and calling telling someone like kyle(and the rest of us) who is a really good player that he cant even use a AR properly no one will take your opinion seriously.

You think we just grabbed the DMR/BR and ignored the sandbox completely? well i got news we didnt we obviously tested everything because getting good at the game was the goal if the PR or the Spiker was a dominant weapon then we would be using those instead. There is a very clear reason why we are not.

The instant I said they weren't useless everyone jumped on my ass, and after lurking for months I have seem many people complain about getting killed by ARs while using a BR or DMR. When it comes to really close range the BR is bested by almost everything that fires automatic. I also only became "arrogant" about my apparent skill with the weapons after be bombarded about what I said.
Also why do people keep taking what I say as meaning that they are super powerful weapons. All I said is that in close range they are really good.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
The instant I said they weren't useless everyone jumped on my ass, and after lurking for months I have seem many people complain about getting killed by ARs while using a BR or DMR. When it comes to really close range the BR is bested by almost everything that fires automatic. I also only became "arrogant" about my apparent skill with the weapons after be bombarded about what I said.
Also why do people keep taking what I say as meaning that they are super powerful weapons. All I said is that in close range they are really good.

What?! BR beats everything at any range. Have you played Halo before? lollllllerz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom