• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shut your whore mouth.

Seems legit.
Yeaah boiyeee.

Team Barrow for tournament champions. It was fun while it lasted.
You mean Team Wolf for tournament champions. I'm reserving any team name with the word "wolf" or any augmentation of the word "wolf." No others may use it.

ZwPzL.gif

That looks better Fracas.
You see, this is actual sabotage.

Who gives a damn about sales? Mcdonalds outsells every single restaurant every single day. Doesn't mean their double cheeseburger is better than my local pub's.

People are morons. Activity, popularity, doesn't mean anything. Explain to me why H3 is a better game than Halo Reach.

Use in-game terms. Fps? Resolution? Map quality? Weapon gameplay? MM?

Here I'll go: H3 had a better ranking system in my opinion. Reach's framerate is better overall, Reach has a higher resolution. I like the DMR's hitscan. The BR played really bad in H3 and always frustrated me because it was random and I didn't like that as a precision and higher skilled player.

Let me redirect you to Overdoziz first post on here.

Maybe you should learn how to use weapons instead of using them in the wrong way and giving up on them. Those 3 weapons dual wielded with any of the other 2 or with themselves(except Plasma Rifle) will kill in about a second in close range. But of course people in here can even figure out how to use the Assault Rifle properly and only know how to use the BR.

Best post I have ever seen on here, agreed on all counts.

Fracas

#fuckonami
From Mr. Ubercompetitivemustwinatallcosts guy over there? I think not.

Do you honestly believe that your team is imbalanced right now?

edit: I didn't mean that in any rude way, just to be clear. If you have any suggestions for your team, as well as any team here, I'll gladly listen.

Do you honestly believe that your team is imbalanced right now?

edit: I didn't mean that in any rude way, just to be clear. If you have any suggestions for your team, as well as any team here, I'll gladly listen.
I've never played with Shadders and I might have played with TCKaos in one of those big GAF customs some time ago, but I don't actually know how good they are nor do I have their stats on hand at the moment. I should really bookmark your google doc. So I don't really know.

Me+Devo+Tawpgun was probably a little imbalanced though. I was just having some fun. Plywood is probably the best judge of my skill level here anyways.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I've never played with Shadders and I might have played with TCKaos in one of those big GAF customs some time ago, but I don't actually know how good they are nor do I have their stats on hand at the moment. I should really bookmark your google doc. So I don't really know.

Me+Devo+Tawpgun was probably a little imbalanced though. I was just having some fun.

Here's the list:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-XBt2PtESg5qJpCfRft-0WBcBWtLYuDgNotTFVa5FJ0/edit?pli=1

Okay, based on stats alone, here's what I think. Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, just trying to trueskill it up.

Devo: High Tier 1
Me: Mid Tier 3
TCKaos: Bottom Tier 5
Shadders: Bottom Tier 6

I dunno, looks a little underpowered to me. Based on Tier placement alone, the old team actually seemed pretty balanced to me (1+3+3+6), but perhaps I have bias. I've played with Devo and Tawpgun quite a bit so I think we could probably work well together.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm getting really pumped for this tourney.

However, there's still work to be done. Scheduling is going to be even harder than making teams.

We. Can. Still. Do this!

heckfu

Banned
Okay, based on stats alone, here's what I think. Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, just trying to trueskill it up.

I dunno, looks a little underpowered to me. Based on Tier placement alone, the old team actually seemed pretty balanced to me (1+3+3+6), but perhaps I have bias. I've played with Devo and Tawpgun quite a bit so I think we could probably work well together.

Check Kaos's recent games. Kid is a LOT better than tier 5.

Ryaaan14

Banned

Looks a lot like mine really.

We have a high 1, bottom 2, bottom 5, and basically a 7 or 8.

I'm getting really pumped for this tourney.

However, there's still work to be done. Scheduling is going to be even harder than making teams.

We. Can. Still. Do this!

That's gonna be a bitch especially for me. I really hope it works. >.<

heckfu

Banned
There also needs to be firm rules on what happens if someone lags out: play on, restart one time only if below a certain number of total kills/caps/time, etc.

Because I play Halo differently I am the Hitler of this thread.
Hitler metaphoric? WTF.

!

Added to the queue.

When I was searching for my first post (which is not easy to find, unfortunately), I came across some funny stuff. That post originally had a line about how I joined back when Ram was still optimistic during Halo games' PR cycles.
If I have to judge Ram's posts in the last few weeks, he is still one of the "optimistic" kinds compared to others. Or the others are just too pessimistic.

Fracas

#fuckonami
There also needs to be firm rules on what happens if someone lags out: play on, restart one time only if below a certain number of total kills/caps/time, etc.

What I'd like to propose is this:

If the majority of all players in a match can agree that there was game-altering lag, then the round will restart.

I'm not sure what to do if someone gets kicked. I would say just restart the round, but I don't want people to rage quit so they get a second chance.

Ohh. Bummed that I will miss this tournament, hopefully next time.
There will most definitely be a next time. What's better is that now all the stats are recorded, saving a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom