• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJD

I've been incredibly busy recently so haven't had much time for Halo, but I'm free now so if there's a reserve list or anything for this tournament I'll gladly fill a place.

BigShow36

ElzarTheBam+Thee Henery+neoism+BigShow36

Thee Henery (The Henery): BPR=100 K/D=2.08 WP=61% (Tier 1)
BigShow36: BPR=98 K/D=1.6 WP=75%/Team Slayer (Tier 2)
neoism (ne0ism): BPR=75 K/D=1.5 WP=54%/BTB (Tier 3)
ElzarTheBam: BPR=80 K/D=1.34 WP=70%/BTB (Tier 4)

BigShow and the BTB All Stars.

daedalius

Too bad no one ever plays Halo 2 vista!

I guess MLG settings in Reach are kinda close. Sort of... maybe. I'd really like to do MLG settings in customs more in Reach; or can you get 8 people and go into the MLG playlist?

Halo 3 games over lunch were laggy as fuck; certainly something Reach does much better. When its laggy, the Halo 3 BR is a piece of shit.

Also Shadow was raging, alot.

Shadow, I understand you are upset when someone is shitting all over your face, but you really don't need to make note of it every time you die. Also, get better and then you won't get shit on. Also, if people are good, that doesn't mean they aren't allowed to play social.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I had originally planned to not release the teams until they were finalized. Really should have stuck with that, but the excitement for this got to me.

Apologies to anyone that felt insulted skill wise or in any way.

Anymore suggestions on teams? I go to work in 5 hours, want to get teams/gametypes/maps done tonight.

TCKaos

I had originally planned to not release the teams until they were finalized. Really should have stuck with that, but the excitement for this got to me.

Apologies to anyone that felt insulted skill wise or in any way.

Anymore suggestions on teams? I go to work in 5 hours, want to get teams/gametypes/maps done tonight.

I'm not insulted, it's just sort of hilarious to think about. I think we'll do fine, especially because this is Arena and not MLG. Tires don exits.

789shadow

Banned
I haven't raged that much in Halo since that one night with Risen.

Just a non-stop dongblain fest by people too good for Social Slayer. What is the point of having a ranked/social split if people that good can just dongblain in Social?

TheOddOne

By the way, a possible alternative logo for No I in Teabag had an inverted heart under the controller, to show how much we love you all.

teabag-controller-inverted-heart-small.png
You've got balls of steel.

kylej

Banned
I haven't seen Yeti or Sanjuro post in a long time. I better not have no-shows on my team, this Halo tournament is serious business.

Overdoziz

Banned
  • Hydranockz+Zalinkrow+Slightly Live+Fyrewulff = 2+1+5+6=14
  • Sikamikanico+king picollo+Stripper13+EuropeOG = 3+4+2+4=13
  • Hypertrooper+Ramirez+Mister Negative+Awesome Barlow = 4+1+2+6=13
  • Barrow Roll+Devolution+Shadders+wwm0nkey = 3+1+6+4=14
  • Louis Wu+Risen+Overheat+Tha Robbertster = 5+1+2+4=12
  • Heckfu+Overdoz1z+Buddermilk+MrGreenCastle = 6+1+4+3=14
  • daedalius+thezerofire+op_ivy+Vire = 4+2+2+6=14
  • Karl2177+Krispy+too much eslim+Sai-kun = 3+1+4+5=13
  • Trey+HiredN00bs+Falagard+Pnut = 3+2+6+3=14
  • monsterfracas+Franklinator+Bregmann Roche+Aggrotek = 3+4+3+3=13
  • Plywood+CyReN+a zoo joo+Wahrer Machine = 1+2+6+6=15
  • 789shadow+OdysseusVA+The Real Napsta+ImperialInPeril = 6+2+1+4=13
  • senador+kittens+Loginius+A27 Tawpgun = 5+2+2+3=12
  • Computron+mastrbiggy+Fuchsdh+TCKaos = 3+2+6+5=16
  • StalkerUKCG+Ryaaan14+Rand0m TAG+Zoso Achilles = 5+6+1+2=14
  • JonCha+VivaciousJazzy+Recarpo+dangerbyrnes = 4+2+1+4=11
  • ElzarTheBam+Thee Henery+neoism+BigShow36 = 4+1+3+2=10
  • kylej+Booties+-Yeti+Sanjuro Tsubaki = 2+3+4+4=13

Go Team Alpha Cleavage!

daedalius

Just a non-stop dongblain fest by people too good for Social Slayer. What is the point of having a ranked/social split if people that good can just dongblain in Social?

Well, this is probably why we don't really have a ranked/social split anymore ;)

Matching equally skilled teams against each other all the time is probably what should happen regardless; which is what they tried (and failed) to do in Reach.

I hope Halo 4 does better with matching equal teams, and working in a Starcraft2-esque ranking system (which apparently the multiplayer lead is quite fond of!)

Risen

You know if you play WITH good players, you've got a chance of playing AGAINST good players... right? Suck it up, take yer medicine, and say thanks for letting me play with the 1%-ers.

I'm on Plywood and Cyrens Team? I'm out.
just kidding lol
Stats on Team Lemon
i made it you like?
:

Plywood (Xenolock): Tier 1: BPR-100 K/D=2.13 WP=84%
CyReN (CyReN CE): Tier 2: BPR=68 K/D=1.21 WP=60%/MLG
Wahrer Machine: Tier 6: BPR=45 K/D=.96 WP%=49%/BTB
a zoojoo (THEZoosJoos): Tier 6: BPR=34 K/D=.74 WP=44%/Swat

2 Tier 6's seems a little out of balence, i know that this is all tentative but we'll see.
I actually play better than what my stats suggest, i used to be really bad at reach for a long time, but now, i'm much better.

EDIT: I'm suggesting a system where you add up your teams numbers, and the higher you are, you may be worse. My teams is 15 (1+2+6+6). It's like golf.

2nd Edit: I just deleted a bunch of my
inactive
friends so i could fit in GAF. I'm looking at you Plywood.

Likewise, as long as I get a few hours of matches in before the official tourney I should get back up to speed as far as playing okay goes.

My availability so far is starting at about 10 PM CST tonight and 6-7 PM CST tomorrow, I'll have to check my schedule and see what's up otherwise.

EDIT: yeah tonight sounds good

I cannot wait for the thruster pack. I need it. I need to evade grenades without breaking the system. It will be my life-savior so often.

Alright, sounds good (and hard). Thanks for the info.

Am I the only German university student over here who has to deal with tons of exams come July? :(
Does the Summer Break not start in three weeks?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hydranockz+Zalinkrow+Slightly Live+Fyrewulff
Sikamikanico+king picollo+Stripper13+EuropeOG
Hypertrooper+Ramirez+Mister Negative+Awesome Barlow
Barrow Roll+Devolution+Shadders+wwm0nkey
Louis Wu+Risen+Overheat+Tha Robbertster
Heckfu+Overdoz1z+Buddermilk+MrGreenCastle
daedalius+thezerofire+op_ivy+Vire
Karl2177+Krispy+too much eslim+Sai-kun
Trey+HiredN00bs+Falagard+Pnut
monsterfracas+Franklinator+Bregmann Roche+Aggrotek
Plywood+CyReN+a zoo joo+Wahrer Machine
789shadow+OdysseusVA+The Real Napsta+BigShow36
senador+kittens+Loginius+A27 Tawpgun
Computron+mastrbiggy+Fuchsdh+TCKaos
StalkerUKCG+Ryaaan14+Rand0m TAG+Zoso Achilles
JonCha+VivaciousJazzy+Recarpo+dangerbyrnes
ElzarTheBam+Thee Henery+neoism+ImperialInPeril
kylej+Booties+-Yeti+Sanjuro Tsubaki

Any objections?

Are we going to have some sort of preliminary round, where every team plays every other team to decide seeding or something?

I was thinking this too, where it's not really a requirement so much as it is a "test" to make sure teams can mesh well together under the actual tourney maps/gametypes and that no teams are too too powerful. For example, the last thing we want is a team with a score of 8 or 9 blaining everyone else without it getting nerfed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom