• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recarpo

JonCha+VivaciousJazzy+Recarpo+dangerbyrnes

Don't think I've played with any of you guys before, but I think we got ourselves a solid team here. Was it decided to use arena settings for this? I knew it was talked about but I never saw a definite conclusion.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I say we leave the scrimmaging up to each team.

If Bregmann and Aggrotek are on tonight, Franklinator and I are available for scrimmages. I don't get off work until later though, around 11 CST
^yep arena settings

OverHeat

« generous god »
How are we going to choose host for the custom games? Location? Bandwidth? Ping? Etc.
P.S. My team add me up to your friendlist so we can play a few games together before the tourney.

Don't think I've played with any of you guys before, but I think we got ourselves a solid team here. Was it decided to use arena settings for this? I knew it was talked about but I never saw a definite conclusion.

nope, cant say i have played with you. not surprising, I'm pretty new to HaloGaf.

anyway, i'd say our team is solid. no low low tier players =P

JonCha

What's Arena? 85% bloom, normal running speed? Is it basically Super Slayer?

Risen

How are we going to choose host for the custom games? Location? Bandwidth? Ping? Etc.
P.S. My team add me up to your friendlist so we can play a few games together before the tourney.

I'll make room now... I'm not sure how much I'll be on during this week. My headset died and playing through ear buds means I typically can't hear voice chat and sound is terrible. May pick up a cheap replacement in a day or two though.

OverHeat

« generous god »
I'll make room now... I'm not sure how much I'll be on during this week. My headset died and playing through ear buds means I typically can't hear voice chat and sound is terrible. May pick up a cheap replacement in a day or two though.
Good anyway its better if you dont hear me too well, because of my thick french canadian accent :p

Fracas

#fuckonami
If no one has objections, this is the near-final list:

Hydranockz+Zalinkrow+Slightly Live+Fyrewulff
Sikamikanico+king picollo+Stripper13+EuropeOG
Hypertrooper+Ramirez+Mister Negative+Awesome Barlow
Barrow Roll+Devolution+Shadders+wwm0nkey
Louis Wu+Risen+Overheat+Tha Robbertster
Heckfu+Overdoz1z+Buddermilk+MrGreenCastle
daedalius+thezerofire+op_ivy+Vire
Karl2177+Krispy+too much eslim+Sai-kun
Trey+HiredN00bs+Falagard+Pnut
monsterfracas+Franklinator+Bregmann Roche+Aggrotek
Plywood+CyReN+a zoo joo+Wahrer Machine
789shadow+OdysseusVA+The Real Napsta+BigShow36
senador+kittens+Loginius+A27 Tawpgun
Computron+mastrbiggy+Fuchsdh+TCKaos
StalkerUKCG+Ryaaan14+Rand0m TAG+Zoso Achilles
ElzarTheBam+Thee Henery+neoism+ImperialInPeril
kylej+Booties+-Yeti+Sanjuro Tsubaki

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
lol, get matched against kittens - but its on pinnacle. i quit before i realized it. sorry kittens, ivy doesnt play on pinnacle

Barrow your new team is fine.

I got nerfed to oblivion.
That's why we belong together baybee.

I'm probably better than my stats suggest, I've had archaic internet so there's times where I've gone into Grifball and gone double negative because of lag. Hopefully that won't be a problem in the tourney. Also I play with a couple of very good players (H3 50s) which means I get truskilled up with people better than me - not saying I can carry the team or anything, but I'm not a total spaz. :D

I'm in the UK though so I don't know how easily that'll marry up with you for practice sessions, I can play between 8pm and 2am BST, which I think is 3pm-9pm EDT.
Sounds rad. Another reason to bring back the old roster.

Might be a good idea to do a test game in Matchmaking with the team, that is if we can find Devo from whatever whole she has been hiding in. Basing stuff on stats isn't always reliable, which is what my entire previous assessment was based on.

I say we leave the scrimmaging up to each team.

If Bregmann and Aggrotek are on tonight, Franklinator and I are available for scrimmages. I don't get off work until later though, around 11 CST
^yep arena settings
I am ready! I made a new gametype for us to practice with, I call it "Griffball Jetpack Ghost Zombies". I think you guys are really going to like it.

Do we have a team name Barrow?
Something with Wolf or Wolves in it. Maybe keep it simple, "The Wolfpack."

Sorry bro, trueskill doesn't play favorites! We'll make sure your match against us is quick and painless.

Okay, newer revision. Gave Sai-kun back to Karl, buffed Barrow Roll's team with wwm0nkey, and moved TCKaos over to Computron's squad.
Looks legit. Shadders, send me a friend request, you're the only one I don't have. wwm0nkey, report to the wolfpack for active duty. Devo, leave Timedog alone for 5 seconds so we can practice. And stop having strepthroat, just tell it to go away right now.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I am ready! I made a new gametype for us to practice with, I call it "Griffball Jetpack Ghost Zombies". I think you guys are really going to like it.

I like your style, Bergmeister!

Aggro, you down for tonight? I'm available every night between now and Thursday after 10:30 pm CST. I can actually play now if you guys are on. Next week, I'm pretty much free every day, with a couple exceptions.

CyReN

Looking at my Halo 2 stats, on the first full day I first got Halo 2 (I didn't have XBL at H2 launch) I played 58 games in 1 day. Wtf..

daedalius

Looking at my Halo 2 stats, on the first full day I first got Halo 2 (I didn't have XBL at H2 launch) I played 58 games in 1 day. Wtf..

We should get Halo 2 vista customs together more often.

I need to be friends with Tashi, he plays Reach the best way. (his stream is laggy tho, what a scrub)

a zoojoo

Banned
My power went out for an hour, a first world problem, if there ever was one.

But, just got back from Halo 3 with 789shadow, if you go into social playlists today, you're gonna have a bad time. My ear is still ringing.

Team Warwood it is. I think i'll make a logo.

789shadow

Banned
My power went out for an hour, a first world problem, if there ever was one.

But, just got back from Halo 3 with 789shadow, if you go into social playlists today, you're gonna have a bad time. My ear is still ringing.

Team Warwood it is. I think i'll make a logo.
I am so sorry.

But that Standoff game was total BS. Holy crap, that was the definition of dongblain.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Okay, locking in the teams. Reposting for clarification, as part of this mega post.

Hydranockz+Zalinkrow+Slightly Live+Fyrewulff
Sikamikanico+king picollo+Stripper13+EuropeOG
Hypertrooper+Ramirez+Mister Negative+Awesome Barlow
Barrow Roll+Devolution+Shadders+wwm0nkey
Louis Wu+Risen+Overheat+Tha Robbertster
Heckfu+Overdoz1z+Buddermilk+MrGreenCastle
daedalius+thezerofire+op_ivy+Vire
Karl2177+Krispy+too much eslim+Sai-kun
Trey+HiredN00bs+Falagard+Pnut
monsterfracas+Franklinator+Bregmann Roche+Aggrotek
Plywood+CyReN+a zoo joo+Wahrer Machine
789shadow+OdysseusVA+The Real Napsta+BigShow36
senador+kittens+Loginius+A27 Tawpgun
Computron+mastrbiggy+Fuchsdh+TCKaos
StalkerUKCG+Ryaaan14+Rand0m TAG+Zoso Achilles
ElzarTheBam+Thee Henery+neoism+ImperialInPeril
kylej+Booties+-Yeti+Sanjuro Tsubaki

Here's the gametypes we are doing. Best of 3. Arena settings.

Round One-Arena Slayer on Zealot
Round Two-1 Flag Capture the Flag on Powerhouse
Round Three (tiebreaker)-2 Flag Capture the Flag on Refuge

Shortly, I will be sending a PM to all captains concerning scheduling.

edit: Over, which version of Refuge? I see two.

a zoojoo

Banned
TEAM WARWOOD!!!!

iqvIFFWZHarrG.png

you like?

heckfu

Banned
I'm going to need Team RealityFU to PM me their twitter accounts or emails. It'll just make it easier and less spammy on GAF to get in touch with you that way (and quicker as there arent notifications when you're not on GAF of when you get a PM, or I'd just do it that way).

Finally you get it. That gametype is what the history of Halo uas been building up to. We have reached the pinnacle of fun.

Also, tiebreaker should be slayer, fracas.

kylej

Banned
does anyone want to play custom games tonight 4v4. Hell even if people can't get their whole teams on I just want to play customs. I know B 2da ooties and myself will be online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom