• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

How can you guys be so calm when Obama just killed Freedom!?

He's gonna come out to the podium to this

Deady Cyclone said:
Reach%25202.PNG

For some reason, anyone that looked at my profile yesterday saw the Anniversary infection achievement as a Dashboard achievement.

How can you guys be so calm when Obama just killed Freedom!?

Roberts isn't entirely a piece of shit, but there's more to be worried about than the law being upheld. Potential limits on commerce and necessary and proper clauses, limiting social-welfare programs. But that's all really TBD.

Either way, Vermont forges ahead with single-payer. #TrueFreedomKiller

Shadders

So let me get this right.. A law has been passed meaning all Americans must be medically insured? Right?

And this is a bad thing?

I just don't understand you, America.

daedalius

So let me get this right.. A law has been passed meaning all Americans must be medically insured? Right?

And this is a bad thing?

I love comments like this from people outside of the US; some shit really boggles my mind here.

More like 'can be' because a lot of the time before, you couldn't be medically insured; especially if you already had cancer or something. Then you're basically fucked.

Sounds like the easiest preorder decision ever.

Pre ordering CoD if you live in the uk is a fools move, the supermarket price war usually pushes a good 20 quid off of the asking price on the day 1 sales war. Even if that wasn't the case imagine how bad it would be if in the future maps where retailer exclusives, would be shitty.

Akai__

And this is a bad thing?

In germany you don't have a choice. You have to be insured and in my opinion this is a really good thing. Otherwise you would have to pay all by yourself and the most people couldn't afford this.

789shadow

Banned

And this is a bad thing?

AMURICA, FUCK YEAH
LAND OF THE *FREE AND HOME OF THE MOTHERFUCKING BRAVE YEAH

*Free to not have insurance.

I have them all on 3, ODST and Anniversary. Just missing General on Wars (resigned to never getting that) and these three on Reach:
apzut.jpg

If anyone wanted to get on some time and go for them I'd be game.

This is a good idea that I can get behind.

I have a couple to get on Reach as well. I have all in 3, ODST, and Anniversary - didn't play much Halo Wars, and still waiting on Halo 2 to come in the mail.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If you haven't filled out the scheduling poll for your team, please do so ASAP. I need them back tomorrow (Noon PST) to start scheduling matches. Also, if any captains need help creating polls, let me know and I can do it for you! Instructions here.

It's already clear that we're going to need to do another round of scheduling. People have vastly varying schedules, and all the different timezones (International Interaction™) makes it even more complicated. But if yall can be patient, so can I.

And this is a bad thing?

I'm being forced to shell out money to private insurance companies who don't give a shit about my health. It's not health care, it's business.

No way.iwould have been, 'why don't you just suicide or quit bk u will never be leet liek me lololololl.'

Evil Scotsman

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been playing Arena the past few days

Positives:

I've been given decent teammates on the whole!!! Incredible what a little tightening on the trueskill does to a game.

Games have generally been close with 5 to 8 kills being the separating margin.

It's great to hear people rage with the full thunder of their heart. Especially when it's in German or Spanish (just won a game on Boardwalk and the best guy on the other team is speaking Spanish with the most bitter and hateful tone. I don't know what he's saying but I don't need to because the language of rage is universal).

Heck it's good to hear people use mics full stop.

Negatives:

FAR too many forge world maps. I don't even know the weapon spawns on half of them

Low population means mostly playing Americans with shameful levels of latency despite preferring good connection.

Aggrotek

If you haven't filled out the scheduling poll for your team, please do so ASAP. I need them back tomorrow (Noon PST) to start scheduling matches. Also, if any captains need help creating polls, let me know and I can do it for you!

It's already clear that we're going to need to do another round of scheduling. People have vastly varying schedules, and all the different timezones (International Interaction™) makes it even more complicated. But if yall can be patient, so can I.

I still haven't heard from fracas about this. :(

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I still haven't heard from fracas about this. :(
Fracas has some esplaining to doooooo.

I might just end up making polls for every team. I should have just done that in the first place. Once you figure out how to do to it it's really easy. I might just do that when I get home from work tonight...

Overdoziz

Banned
If you haven't filled out the scheduling poll for your team, please do so ASAP. I need them back tomorrow (Noon PST) to start scheduling matches. Also, if any captains need help creating polls, let me know and I can do it for you!

So ehm, I hope you're not actually scheduling a specific day or something. Just set a deadline before which the matches have to played and let the teams schedule a day and time.

Also, my captain is poop.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So ehm, I hope you're not actually scheduling a specific day or something. Just set a deadline before which the matches have to played and let the teams schedule a day and time.
No, of course not. The matches are going to happen whenever teams' schedules align. At this rate, it's going to take a few weeks. Which I'm okay with. It kinda makes the event feel like less of an event when it's so drawn out, but there's no helping it.

you got mine, right?
Yup. I have completed polls from Plywood, Shadow, and Louis Wu. And I know that op_ivy and Ryaaan have their polls started.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
can i be an honorary wolf pack member? the first wild wolf in CA in nearly 100 years is roaming my neighborhood.

Caja 117

Hope Im not too late for this:

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
I joined the forum, around 3 months ago, I guess my account was activated with all the other group of new people. I have Lurked for more than a year now.

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from? (Optional)
I'm 34, im from Dominican Republic, but I live and post in Massachusetts.

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
I have been playing Halo since around 3 months before Halo 3 came out, and I have Played all the Halo games.

What mode do you spend most of your time in? / What is your favorite playlist?
MLG and BTB.

Help us get to know you better. (Optional)

Im gamer as much as a Halo fan, been playing ever since Atari console era, but Never knew about Halo until I was invited to LAN and ever since that I've dedicated tons of hours on it.

I also like reading either fantasy books or Comic books and Manga, and when Im not either Playing or working, Im reading, And thats about it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
unrelated, but heres what i did last night
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGuY4T765i0&feature=plcp

so cool. newly discovered (breeding?) pair to the park.
Dude, that's awesome. My cats brought a bat into my apartment last night, and I had to catch it. I may or may not upload a video of me trying to catch later.

I just sent you mine. Could be a tough schedule though.
Got it. Thanks!

Frankie: "Now, let's go outside the canyon"

Flies falcon around cliff.

Cragmire on the other side.
Hah!

Risen

Who is going to RTX? I am going to RTX. RTX will be kind of interesting.

I would like to go to RTX... it's only a couple hours away. Do you think tickets will be available at the door?

Edit: By the time I found out I COULD go... tickets online were sold out.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Dude, that's awesome. My cats brought a bat into my apartment last night, and I had to catch it. I may or may not upload a video of me trying to catch later.

spent all last summer calling with only a handful of responses, never visual confirmation let alone successful mousing. this female ate three mice and saved the fourth for latter. we followed her around for a few hours hoping she'd take a mouse back to a nest and fledglings, but no luck. i was amazed how calm they are around people, at one point she was literally 5 feet off the ground in a tree not more then 10 feet away and called in the male who flew into a tree about 30 feet behind us.

here is a second video filmed just prior to the first posted one in which she actually drops the mouse (thats not me talking btw)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPRoiJzaMhs&feature=youtu.be

sorry for it not being properly rotated, i'm a youtube noob.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Hmm, finally more news at ComicCon?

http://majornelson.com/2012/06/28/xbox-360-comic-con-2012-schedule/

The Fiction of “Halo 4”
Room 6BCF, San Diego Convention Center
Thursday, July 12, 4:45pm – 5:45pm

“Halo 4” heralds the return of one of gaming’s most iconic heroes, the Master Chief, in a new, epic sci-fi saga. Expanding and enriching the narrative, 343 Industries, with very special guests, will share how the development of stories across the Greg Bear Forerunner saga, the Karen Traviss Kilo-Five trilogy, “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn,” “Halo 4” Campaign and “Halo Infinity Multiplayer” have become connective tissue for “Halo 4.” Don’t miss the exciting premiere of the “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” trailer as well as Q&A with our special guests! Panelists: Brian Reed, Franchise Writer, Armando Troisi, Narrative Director, 343 Industries, and “Forward Unto Dawn’s” director, cinematic director and writers (to be announced). Moderated by: Frank O’Connor, Franchise Development Director, 343 Industries.

“Halo 4”: A New Campaign and “Halo Infinity Multiplayer”
Room 6DE, San Diego Convention Center
Saturday, July 14, 3:15pm – 4:15pm

“Halo 4” marks the beginning of a new saga in the blockbuster franchise that has shaped entertainment history and defined a generation of gamers. Developed by 343 Industries, get a glimpse at how they have taken “Halo 4” in new directions, introducing an ancient threat and the Master Chief’s greatest challenge, as well as an innovative and fresh new take on multiplayer in War Games and Spartan Ops. Panelists: Kiki Wolfkill, Executive Producer, Josh Holmes, Creative Director and Frank O’Connor, Franchise Development Director and others to be announce soon.

Louis Wu

Really, really, REALLY old, but...

I would argue that most of the well-thought out and diplomatic, "nice," feedback has come from the competitive community, yet they're the one's who seem to get further and further alienated from the franchise.
lolwut?

If you think that most of the well-thought-out feedback comes from the competitive community, you're only paying attention to the competitive community.

And this is a bad thing?

No. It isn't. It's amazing to me that it's taken this long (and has met this much opposition).

No July MM update new in the bulletin. That's weird.

Longbow strongly reminds me of Breakpoint to the point of assets being reused. Can't wait to play it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom