• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylej

Banned
Breakpoint still looks too big for its own good, but I do like how "clean" everything looks. Not sterile, but the environment isn't dazzling to the eye like most of Reach. I hope this isn't simply because the map has to go through another pass before launch.

daedalius

So guys, I might be working on Battletech and Shadowrun soon; as their art director really liked my portfolio ;)

If you don't know what those are, shame.

Battletech is Mechwarrior tabletop though.

BigShow36

Breakpoint still looks too big for its own good, but I do like how "clean" everything looks. Not sterile, but the environment isn't dazzling to the eye like most of Reach. I hope this isn't simply because the map has to go through another pass before launch.

They're adding a blizzard effect to the whole map to make sure you can only see 10 feet in front of you. Gotta nerf those long range weapons.

FyreWulff

No July MM update new in the bulletin. That's weird.

Longbow strongly reminds me of Breakpoint to the point of assets being reused. Can't wait to play it though.

The next MM update would be on the 3rd, probably not deploying an update right before a holiday? Maybe it won't drop til the 10th?

So guys, I might be working on Battletech and Shadowrun soon; as their art director really liked my portfolio ;)

If you don't know what those are, shame.

Battletech is Mechwarrior tabletop though.

Nice! Pulling for you.

Kajiba

The goal of Longbow was to create a playspace that showcases one of our new (and unannounced) game modes.

I wonder what type of game mode was purposely made for this map. Map looks kinda big. Probably to protect something?

Risen

No. It isn't. It's amazing to me that it's taken this long (and has met this much opposition).

The concept of everyone having healthcare is a good one, the ideal is a good one, the application of the mandate is a bad one. That's where the opposition lies. It's in the fact that mandating the purchase of a good or service, by applying a penalty if one does not make the purchase, should not be permissible under the Commerce Clause.

But hey, if we call that penalty a tax... it's permissible under the government's power of Taxation.

How it can be called a tax with a straight face is beyond me. Taxes are levied on income, property, and the sales of a good/service. You have to actually purchase something for there to be a SALE. Calling this a tax means that the government has decided it can tax you the citizen, on INACTION. We now can get taxed because of a choice to NOT purchase something.

/poliGAF post

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
holy shit, I clicked that link to the bulletin and it went to the bulletin
The first time I clicked it it went to yesterday's announcement that there wasn't going to be a bulletin until tomorrow (which is today). I thought Elzar was trolling, haha.

TheOddOne

I had to finally unfollow Marty. I just can't do it anymore.
martyscrooge.jpg

kylej

Banned
How it can be called a tax with a straight face is beyond me. Taxes are levied on income, property, and the sales of a good/service. You have to actually purchase something for there to be a SALE. Calling this a tax means that the government has decided it can tax you the citizen, on INACTION. We now can get taxed because of a choice to NOT purchase something.

It's a sanction.

i really hope the new BTB gametype is like battlefield 3's conquest (or battlefronts). call it Invasion Conquest or something.
and it could replace crappy territories

heckfu

Banned
I wish I had been a part of PoliGAF before today so I could go in there and discuss. But whatever, I'm a healthcare professional and I'm in favor of the ruling today. Also, my doctoral thesis was on the reform bill so I feel like I have some credence in my opinion. I just hate when I follow accounts for a reason (Marty, hopefully talking about Bungie and music) and all he talks about are differing opinions and shitty movie reviews.

Junior Members, please read this list of tips:
http://halogaf.com/juniors/

Still accepting advice submissions from veteran members.

A few more:
- I know you've been waiting a while for your account to get approved, but saving up months of discussion and making a giant first post is not a great way to introduce yourself. Nor is posting an unpopular opinion or off-topic stuff (Justin Bieber news? Really?). The people in this thread that have been here a long time get away with it because we're used to discussing off-topic things with each other. Wait until you're more of a "regular" before trying to start a random non-Halo conversation.

- Posting too rarely is never an annoyance - I doubt anyone will notice. Posting too often is a good way to get ignored. Don't flood the thread with short, irrelevant posts. If you're trying to inflate your postcount, don't do it in a Community thread - go to Off-Topic or Gaming.

- Proper grammar and spelling go a long way towards being taken seriously. We realize that not everyone is a native English speaker, but try your best.

On a more positive note: Welcome to HaloGAF! Hopefully you'll enjoy your stay here and bring something new/fun to the thread. If you have any questions send me a PM.

Risen

It's a sanction.

Right... it is a sanction effectively. Sanctions are mandates? But it's the reasoning reportedly provided in the Justice Opinions that's the issue?

The reasoning used by the Justices was that while it was NOT permissible under the Commerce Clause, it WAS permissible under the government's powers of taxation - which in effect calls the mandate a tax, and by default is a tax on inaction, rather than the actual sale of a good or service.

daedalius

I wish I had been a part of PoliGAF before today so I could go in there and discuss. But whatever, I'm a healthcare professional and I'm in favor of the ruling today. Also, my doctoral thesis was on the reform bill so I feel like I have some credence in my opinion. I just hate when I follow accounts for a reason (Marty, hopefully talking about Bungie and music) and all he talks about are differing opinions and shitty movie reviews.

I only post about art and video games on my twitter feed, because I figure that's what the people following me want to hear; not political shit.

My wife is a healthcare professional and is also in favor of the ruling. Also, decent human beings should be happy that everyone should be able to get healthcare in the US now, you can't be turned down if you already have cancer.

Also, Longbow looks BADASS. Can't wait to play on that map with BR/DMR combo. Pls no banshee frankles.

Risen

I only post about art and video games on my twitter feed, because I figure that's what the people following me want to hear; not political shit.

My wife is a healthcare professional and is also in favor of the ruling. Also, decent human beings should be happy that everyone should be able to get healthcare in the US now, you can't be turned down if you already have cancer.

And that's the upside of the bill... I think too often people confuse being against the mandate as being against more people having access to health care.

Edit:

On Halo topic though... the bulletin mentioned a new game type. Any thoughts on what that could be based on the map design? Looks like there are naturally multiple bases of operation.

daedalius

And that's the upside of the bill... I think too often people confuse being against the mandate as being against more people having access to health care.

Well, the loudest voices on the interwebs and on the teevee tend to focus only on one thing (that they hate) while demonizing the rest.

I don't particularly love the mandate either, but that is how they made it work within the system we have (because apparently single payer ain't happening), and its a step in the right direction.

Enfinit

Yes, but only to answer the following questions:
1. Would you take a drug prescribed to you by Dr. Heckfu?
2. Why would you do that?
3. When did you first realize that you cared so little about your own wellbeing?

1. I'd do a lot of things for $50.
2. See above answer.
3. Around the same time Miley Cyrus had her first big single.

heckfu

Banned

Also, Longbow looks BADASS. Can't wait to play on that map with BR/DMR combo. Pls no banshee frankles.

Well, on the upside, Frankie is easy as hell to follow on Twitter.

Mostly because he never posts :(

Highlands + Breakpoint = Longbow.

Also, reading about that unnanounced BTBesque gametype... gamemode tied to map geometry, map zones, 2 sided "fire" and "ice".

HURRVASION! :D

Can't wait to see the gametype, hopefully they also explain why Promethean Knights have armor abilities stuck in their ass.

Coldphire

Neo Member
It's funny because I came here to make my first post in this thread and Duncan makes a post about Juniors. I wanted to make my first post now because I've reached the point in my personal Halo cycle of "Hype Rising". My personal Halo cycle goes something like this:

Halo game announced - Interest
Major Details come out - Hype Rising
1 month before launch - Uncontrollable need for the game
Game comes out - Joy
Finish single player on Heroic - Great Enjoyment
Attempt single player on Legendary - Fun but difficult
Start Multiplayer - Usually losing but learning
More Multiplayer - Learned the maps and doing okay
More Multiplayer - Hit a wall where I don't seem to improve or have any good games
Much Less Multiplayer - Usually another game has come out that takes my interest
New Maps - Put Halo back in but again don't seem to improve take it out and put it away

I really really like the Halo sandbox and multiplayer gameplay. I hate dying to 4 to 5 bullets in Call of Duty, but I do really well in the CoD multiplayer so I keep playing it because I know in the next two to three games I'll have a match when I destroy everyone. I want Halo to be my goto multiplayer game so I'm hoping to start posting here to get your opinions on why you continue to play Halo months and months after it comes out. I'll post my opinions on Halo 4 later since I don't want this to become a huge post per Duncan suggestions.

Junior Members, please read this list of tips:
http://halogaf.com/juniors/

Still accepting advice submissions from veteran members.

A few more:
- I know you've been waiting a while for your account to get approved, but saving up months of discussion and making a giant first post is not a great way to introduce yourself. Nor is posting an unpopular opinion or off-topic stuff (Justin Bieber news? Really?). The people in this thread that have been here a long time get away with it because we're used to discussing off-topic things with each other. Wait until you're more of a "regular" before trying to start a random non-Halo conversation.

- Posting too rarely is never an annoyance - I doubt anyone will notice. Posting too often is a good way to get ignored. Don't flood the thread with short, irrelevant posts. If you're trying to inflate your postcount, don't do it in a Community thread - go to Off-Topic or Gaming.

- Proper grammar and spelling go a long way towards being taken seriously. We realize that not everyone is a native English speaker, but try your best.

On a more positive note: Welcome to HaloGAF! Hopefully you'll enjoy your stay here and bring something new/fun to the thread. If you have any questions send me a PM.

My tips:
  • If you like Armor Lock: Leave
  • If you like Reach better than the original 3: Leave
  • If you like the Halo 3 BR better than the Halo 2 BR: Leave
  • If you think Uncaged is fun: Leave
  • If you really like grey legos you might get your feelings hurt
  • If you do not care about framerate: Leave
  • If jetpacks are fun to you: Leave
  • If you love Sword Base: Leave
  • If you are here for news and not the community: Leave
  • If you are J10: Leave
  • If you do not have the DLC and are in my lobby: Leave
  • If you like Bloom: Leave
  • If you are the trees on Longbow: Leaf

Help us get to know you better. (Optional)
I came here because Waypoint people have a tendency to be incredibly stupid, and I have no moral gripes with discussing leaked content.
Have you not been privy to the HaloGAF Cycle? It can get pretty frakking stupid here, too. Just a friendly warning.

Who is going to RTX? I am going to RTX. RTX will be kind of interesting.
I'd still like to go, I live in Austin after all...

I would like to go to RTX... it's only a couple hours away. Do you think tickets will be available at the door?

Edit: By the time I found out I COULD go... tickets online were sold out.
noooooooooooooo :-(

FyreWulff

I'd give it at least until 2020.

Well, you'd hope with the improvements 360 live has, they can keep 360-era games online without nuking all of them at once. I don't think they want a riot from the Rock Band users that have 6000$ of DLC.

One would hope that far out though, 343 would have a premade update for Halo 3 where they drop it down to like two playlists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom