• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
My tips:
  • If you like Armor Lock: Leave
  • If you like Reach better than the original 3: Leave
  • If you like the Halo 3 BR better than the Halo 2 BR: Leave
  • If you think Uncaged is fun: Leave
  • If you really like grey legos you might get your feelings hurt
  • If you do not care about framerate: Leave
  • If jetpacks are fun to you: Leave
  • If you love Sword Base: Leave
  • If you are here for news and not the community: Leave
  • If you are J10: Leave
  • If you do not have the DLC and are in my lobby: Leave
  • If you like Bloom: Leave
    [*]If you are the trees on Longbow: Leaf

Bravo, sir.

claphandss.gif

EvB

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
I've lurked for quite a while, I'm not sure how long to be honest

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from? (Optional)

I'm 27 and am posting from the UK.

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?

Since I first experienced LAN Halo a few weeks after the US launch. I've played all the games, I almost have every achievement, just missing a few DLC ones in Reach and the level 50 Halo wars one. Halo has always been a big part of my life. I was travelling around europe when Reach came out and I literally caressed the first box I saw whilst I was in Munich.

What mode do you spend most of your time in? / What is your favorite playlist?

I spend most of my time getting "pwned" in double team with my partner in crime, but we get pretty frustrated as the matchmaking system puts us with people vastly vastly better.

Help us get to know you better. (Optional)

I've just got a promotion at work so I'm not getting as much Halo time as normal.
I miss the days of Halo 2 when everybody played Halo, regardless of how good they were. I

Louis Wu

My tips:
  • If you are the trees on Longbow: Leaf
Good thing I don't care about your opinion, or I'd be leaving now.

Mostly a joke post.
Yeah, I know. Mine too. (Well, sort of. I mean, I care enough about your opinions to read them, but there's no way you'd get me to leave here just by being a jerk. :) )

FyreWulff

can you get multiple jackpots?

The normal jackpot, double jackpot, and super jackpot are all considered separate and can all be earned in the same day.

Also, I guess that Scorpion challenge bonus won't be worth much. Campaign custom challenges are capped at 5,000cR, which I can earn in like .. one game of Firefight.

fuck, that really sucks that RTX is sold out. Frankie, at least tell me where you're staying so I can come harass you buy you a beer or twelve.

"Casuals" and "hardcore" are the dumbest things to come out of this generation. It's just nerd looking down upon other nerds.

My issue with that is people make these incredibly rigid definitions of casuals and hardcore players, and then seem to think that everyone is either one of the two. I think most players are somewhere in the middle of those rigid definitions of casual and hardcore.

Yup. Reminds me of the population snapshot I did of Halo 3 one week in February 2009:

lCx3Yl.png

Objective lovers avert your eyes:

Z8KN8l.png

The "Objective only" slice wouldn't even exist in a Reach chart :(

;(

Oh there would be a migration no doubt. I'm just saying lets not pretend that nobody could possibly prefer Vanilla to TU. The info we do have suggests a significant part of the population prefers Vanilla.

There is no info that suggests that people like TU or Vanilla more. His point was that the information we do have suggests that a large portion of the MM population doesn't care about the differences or possibly doesn't even realize they exist.

The swap of Classic and Squad is exactly what happened. Before they have made any changes to those playlists from launch, they switched there spots in the lists, and their population's swapped, almost exactly.

Yeah, I know. Mine too. (Well, sort of. I mean, I care enough about your opinions to read them, but there's no way you'd get me to leave here just by being a jerk. :) )
I'm not trying to be a jerk. I'm here for the jokes and the news from Frankie. I hate this community.

My sarcasm knows no bounds.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'd go for territories to be dismantled and turned into a mode like BF's conquest. Still essentially territories but the point can be captured and held by any team, and the more you have the fast you win.

The normal jackpot, double jackpot, and super jackpot are all considered separate and can all be earned in the same day.

Also, I guess that Scorpion challenge bonus won't be worth much. Campaign custom challenges are capped at 5,000cR, which I can earn in like .. one game of Firefight.
so I could get it multiple days then

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
team daedalius, thezerofire, vire - check your pm's. we need to get some gaming going tomorrow (hopefully). i'm available early morning (PST) and evening.

Blueblur1

That bulletin was super weak. I don't blame Jessica though because I'm sure she's working with whatever they give her. But it's terrible. The obsession that video game PR companies and publishers have with controlling the "message" has been extremely detrimental to the openness of the weekly updates. Hell, we got more information from Frankie and David here on GAF for some reason. I want to say that they post free of PR control thus explaining their posts but I don't doubt that some PR folks still watch message board threads including GAF. It's all extremely disappointing.

I would drive to Austin to partake.
Bring it.

If I wasn't going to Costa Rica in October I'd drive to Austin to partake as well.

What does October have to do with July?
Porque el dinero

I discovered that you should NOT GIS 'fine ass' with safe search off.
I've learned that one should NEVER GIS anything with safe search off, unless you have the exact name of the woman.

I was going to post a picture of a fine ass and tell you I'd do it if you looked like the picture.

I discovered that you should NOT GIS 'fine ass' with safe search off.

I was watching a E3 video the other day and your walk really close to the camera, i was like "oh wow is louwu" and everyone was like ... "wut o_O"

I have zero idea who 90% of the new guys are i just know one of them has a doctor who avatar and he is cool.

We need some kind of google doc or something with all the juniors details so i know who they are. The old system of looking at avatars only is working less and less as time goes by (plywoods fault)

My tips:
  • If you are the trees on Longbow: Leaf
Ha wow, that sums up pretty much everything I think about reach. Not sure what the hate on longbow's trees is about, but I'm on mobile and can't see a large picture.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Ha wow, that sums up pretty much everything I think about reach. Not sure what the hate on longbow's trees is about, but I'm on mobile and can't see a large picture.

Longbow trees look great. I got tired of Reach and the Halos having most all vegetation look like it could be on earth. Did the Forerunners model Halo off of Earth or something?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Anybody need a 2 day XBL Gold pass? Got one with my copy of ME3. Not sure if it's good though, I got it from Amazon's warehouse deals. The other codes it came with were unused though, I think it'd be fine.

Fuchsdh

ROyGU.jpg

(pic unrelated)

Oy, if anyone needs the Halo Wars campaign achievements, Friend me (GT: Pixelfox) and hit me up when I'm online.

Trying to go through co-op campaign on Legendary and even with the buff skulls I was getting my ass whooped (especially on Arcadia, holy moses I lose in four minutes.)

Maybe it was just I had a really bad co-op partner... but Halo Wars are the last cheevos I need and I really want to complete at least the campaign (never going to play enough to get General.)

Overdoziz

Banned
ROyGU.jpg

(pic unrelated)

Oy, if anyone needs the Halo Wars campaign achievements, Friend me (GT: Pixelfox) and hit me up when I'm online.

Trying to go through co-op campaign on Legendary and even with the buff skulls I was getting my ass whooped (especially on Arcadia, holy moses I lose in four minutes.)

Maybe it was just I had a really bad co-op partner... but Halo Wars are the last cheevos I need and I really want to complete at least the campaign (never going to play enough to get General.)
Look up a video guide. Follow it step by step and you can complete the missions fairly easily.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

I find the Halo Wars achievements to be near impossible. Is the Legendary achievement for beating it overall (solo or co-op) or just for beating it alone?

Look up a video guide. Follow it step by step and you can complete the missions fairly easily.

May try this, this weekend.

I hate the Halo Wars online cheevos especially that Max Rank one. I mean what a horrible achievement its like 5% of people will ever get that and they are people who play that game day in day out. I know they reduced the XP needed to get it a while ago, I wish they would make it easier again. Add some level of commitment but i dont want to have to spend 24 hours + running the same strategy OVER and OVER.

Fuchsdh

I need the co-op achievements and some multiplayer ones. I might be on later today.

I beat it on Legendary, you guys BKs or something. :)

Gotta' go back to my hometown to throw my dad a surprise birthday party, but if I'm on and you're up for it hit me up whenever. If I'm not on Netflix I'm not doing anything I care about.

I hate the Halo Wars online cheevos especially that Max Rank one. I mean what a horrible achievement its like 5% of people will ever get that and they are people who play that game day in day out. I know they reduced the XP needed to get it a while ago, I wish they would make it easier again. Add some level of commitment but i dont want to have to spend 24 hours + running the same strategy OVER and OVER.

Apparently you can get it in <30 games if you cheese it with a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom