• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai__

It's overall (solo or co-op) but I need the "Beat all missions co-op" achievement too.

A little tip: activate the skulls near to the end of the mission and not from the beginning. Also tanks beat everything. :p

Edit: I did a how to boost in Halo Wars tutorial a long time ago, if you want to know, how it works let me know.

Btw, can i get banned for posting this tutorial?

cocamola

Banned
I hate the Halo Wars online cheevos especially that Max Rank one. I mean what a horrible achievement its like 5% of people will ever get that and they are people who play that game day in day out. I know they reduced the XP needed to get it a while ago, I wish they would make it easier again. Add some level of commitment but i dont want to have to spend 24 hours + running the same strategy OVER and OVER.

A lot of people boost that achievement, go into a game with a friend, keep churning out infantry and killing each other without destroying the bases. You get lots of points that way.

Even with the 2 nerfs I cannot be bothered to 100% HWS. The achievements are nearly as silly as the G.R.A.W ones. Especially this one http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...evement/1160-Team-champion--Multiplayer-.html

(Oh btw Hi, Account got activated today so I'm new here. Been lurking a looooong time though.)

BigShow36

I hate the Halo Wars online cheevos especially that Max Rank one. I mean what a horrible achievement its like 5% of people will ever get that and they are people who play that game day in day out. I know they reduced the XP needed to get it a while ago, I wish they would make it easier again. Add some level of commitment but i dont want to have to spend 24 hours + running the same strategy OVER and OVER.

Or maybe we've just been too accustomed to stupidly easy achievements. They are called "Achievements" after all, so there should be some in there that are difficult and/or time consuming to get. I'm fine with having achievements that only a small portion of the population will obtain, because then they actually means something. I'm not saying thats a good achievement specifically, but I like the idea of having achievements that are difficult to obtain.

So guys, I might be working on Battletech and Shadowrun soon; as their art director really liked my portfolio ;)
Congrats! The beauty of this situation is: even if they don't have work for you now, they know you and you know them. Networking!

I had to finally unfollow Marty. I just can't do it anymore.
Yeah, I know how that is. I'm sorry man. He's cool, but stupid. Like most musicians.

martyscrooge.jpg
TheOddOne, if we ever met IRL, I think we'd be friends. Or, possibly, you'd fillet me and wear me as a skin-suit disguise so you could escape your would-be captors.

1. I'd do a lot of things for $50.
2. See above answer.
3. Around the same time Miley Cyrus had her first big single.
This one can stay.

Gotta' go back to my hometown to throw my dad a surprise birthday party, but if I'm on and you're up for it hit me up whenever. If I'm not on Netflix I'm not doing anything I care about.

Apparently you can get it in <30 games if you cheese it with a friend.

Im sure me and Over tried to get into a game before and it just would NOT work.

Fuchsdh

Im sure me and Over tried to get into a game before and it just would NOT work.

Can you change your language and do it that way? That's how I got all the Lone Wolves H3 ones (I wish I hadn't recovered my GT, because I loved having my achievement lists in Korean.)

The population numbers are so low that if you're not on at a peak time I'm sure you can prolly get a match to yourselves now. 2/3rds of the lists dont display player numbers because they're so low.

Or maybe we've just been too accustomed to stupidly easy achievements. They are called "Achievements" after all, so there should be some in there that are difficult and/or time consuming to get. I'm fine with having achievements that only a small portion of the population will obtain, because then they actually means something. I'm not saying thats a good achievement specifically, but I like the idea of having achievements that are difficult to obtain.
I like really tough achievements too. I'd rather them be single-player based than multi, though.

Overdoziz

Banned
Hard achievements are fine, time consuming ones just aren't fun.

I have all of the Halo achievements in H2V, H3, and ODST. I still need the new Defiant ones on Reach. I am up for working on Wars and CEA as well.

Fuchsdh

I like really tough achievements too. I'd rather them be single-player based than multi, though.

I see achievements as both a merit-based option, as well as incentivizing different playstyles--get players who wouldn't touch single-player to at least play the campaign, for example.

The problem is that the real world makes some of these achievements impossible to even shoot for (such as some of the Mythic Halo 3 now, or trying to get a game of Stockpile or Headhunter without a boosting party in Reach.)

But yeah, something I can grind at solo bothers me far less.

Most annoying achievement I've tried to get legit: Fable 2's dollcatcher.

I have all of the Halo achievements in H2V, H3, and ODST. I still need the new Defiant ones on Reach. I am up for working on Wars and CEA as well.

I've got all the CEA ones but I'm always up playing through it again.

Overdoziz

Banned
Can you change your language and do it that way? That's how I got all the Lone Wolves H3 ones (I wish I hadn't recovered my GT, because I loved having my achievement lists in Korean.)

The population numbers are so low that if you're not on at a peak time I'm sure you can prolly get a match to yourselves now. 2/3rds of the lists dont display player numbers because they're so low.
We went into a playlist with about 5 players and the game would just not match us up. It just kept searching until it found someone else.

Edit: Balotelli, you beautiful man.

Akai__

We went into a playlist with about 5 players and the game would just not match us up. It just kept searching until it found someone else.

Edit: Balotelli, you beautiful man.

Halo Wars uses trueskill, so this could be a reason. I found my friend over XBL every time.

I'm honestly surprised the German net is still in tact! What a strike!
Dat goal. Now I have to deal with my german friends and their sadness, if Italy keeps winning.

ibaU8ogHF8dDPg.JPG

yeah, that's definitely not possible. i think the makers of GRAW took the word achievement a little too literally.

also, for the love of god remove multiplayer achievements from halo 4. or at least don't make me go to a specific map to do them

DeadNames

Banned
What do you guys think of Halo 4's art style? I think it seems a bit anime-influenced, but I just can't put my finger on it. Colors seem to be more... solid, I suppose.

daedalius

What does October have to do with July?

$$$$$$$$

What do you guys think of Halo 4's art style? I think it seems a bit anime-influenced, but I just can't put my finger on it. Colors seem to be more... solid, I suppose.

Anime? I don't think so.

The color palette and saturation is harkening back to previous Halo games before Reach.

Congrats! The beauty of this situation is: even if they don't have work for you now, they know you and you know them. Networking!

YES!

cocamola

Banned
ibaU8ogHF8dDPg.JPG

yeah, that's definitely not possible. i think the makers of GRAW took the word achievement a little too literally.

also, for the love of god remove multiplayer achievements from halo 4. or at least don't make me go to a specific map to do them

I've never minded MP achievements in Halo games. I usually get them quite easily. The anniversary MP ones were annoying though.

Most people like it. I'm the debbie downer when it comes to the art.
*sees the new Bulletin*

Hell yeah! Now that simpler, non-super busy art style is what I want! Yes! More of that please!

Tawpgun

MP achievements are fine as long as they're not stupid luck based ones. I.e. 2 for 1.

Problem with some of the achievements is the map requirements. In Halo 3 the lone wolves only requirement was terrible too.

I've never minded MP achievements in Halo games. I usually get them quite easily. The anniversary MP ones were annoying though.

what about save this film from halo 3? i played probably 200 games before finally getting a perfect setup for the achievement, and was only able to get the perfection because 2 guys on the other team quit.

also, i hate all MP achievements. not just halo ones.

MP achievements are fine as long as they're not stupid luck based ones. I.e. 2 for 1.

Problem with some of the achievements is the map requirements. In Halo 3 the lone wolves only requirement was terrible too.

Any MP achievements should be a progressive thing that you can achieve over time, and never restricted to a certain map or playlist.

Examples of okay ones:
-Reach X rank
-Get X number of headshots in MM
-Win X number of MM games
-Complete X numbers of challenges

Any MP achievements should be a progressive thing that you can achieve over time, and never restricted to a certain map or playlist.

Examples of okay ones:
-Reach X rank
-Get X number of headshots in MM
-Win X number of MM games
-Complete X numbers of challenges

This.

Still, I'm okay with a few action-specific achievements as long as they can also be done in custom games.

cocamola

Banned
This.

Still, I'm okay with a few action-specific achievements as long as they can also be done in custom games.

Making MP achievements available in Custom Games defeats the point, especially with Winning games/Certain medals etc.

It also takes all the skill and reward out of them. I think Noble Map pack did the achievements right.

Risen

I don't care about XBL Achievements at all. That's not to say I haven't spent time trying to get them from time to time - but that's typically been because others I was playing with were trying to get them - not out of some desire to secure the "achievement" for their own sake.

The structures on Longbow remind me off the ones in Boneyard with railings all over the place.
I haven't really seen the inside, so I can't comment on that. I consider Boneyard's internal stuff mostly very cramped. Throw evade, Reach grenades and concussion rifles into areas like that... and it's a world of "fun".

New pics?
No. The map ones were in the bulletin in high res yesterday.

I haven't really seen the inside, so I can't comment on that. I consider Boneyard's internal stuff mostly very cramped. Throw evade, Reach grenades and concussion rifles into areas like that... and it's a world of "fun".

No. The map ones were in the bulletin in high res yesterday.

Didn't the bulletin only come out today? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom