• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Monster, we should be playing Arena Zealot, not normal Zealot. I doubt everyone has Arena Zealot on their fileshares so I think it would be a good idea to put it on yours for others to download.

Edit: Never mind, you already said that.

Do you have Arena Zealot on your 360?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Dude seriously, don't worry about it at all. It's just a tournament. IRL stuff is much more important. Sorry to hear about your mom.

In other news, here's the HaloGAF tourney post you guys wanted. It barely has anything in it , haha.
Thanks dude. Let me know if I can help out with any tourney stuff going forward. Feel free to dump tasks on me.

Hopefully everything's ok :_\
Thanks. Things aren't really okay, but I'm feeling better, at least. It's one of those times when everything feels impossible at first, but then become slowly easier to face.

Coux

Neo Member
Absolutely. I might disagree with some direction games are going, but sometimes they are needed. What I can't absolutely stand, is the fact that games are getting more and more done for the mass, but not for the (hardcore) fans. Best example is Dead Space 3. Why in hell is it going away from it's horror genre and is becoming a action shooter? It will even play outside on daylight.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but this is something that bothers me.

Edit:

Sorry but I can see barely a difference, between MW2, Black Ops and MW3. Maybe it's just me, but yeah... And I'm not saying this because I support the Halo vs CoD fight. These games shouldn't be compared.

Well, it's a catch 22 of sorts. To appeal to a greater audience, sometimes games need to diverge from their formula a bit. If they already have a wide audience, then they can't change things too much.

question, how do we decide who's blue and who's red?
im assuming it will make a slight difference on powerhouse.

also, how many starting nades?

is their a losers bracket?

Akai__

Well, it's a catch 22 of sorts. To appeal to a greater audience, sometimes games need to diverge from their formula a bit. If they already have a wide audience, then they can't change things too much.

Yep and this is really bothering me, but keep in mind that this can fail and the game couldn't be the same as it was in it's former glory.

Fracas

#fuckonami
question, how do we decide who's blue and who's red?
im assuming it will make a slight difference on powerhouse.

also, how many starting nades?

First team listed in the matchup is red, 2nd is blue, I guess.

As for grenades, Arena gives you one each spawn.

Recarpo

Gone for a couple days and miss a good old fashioned spawn trapping debate and the tournament bracket. By the way, great job to everybody who got the tournament set up fracas/kittens/everyone else. I didn't think it was going to get done as quick as it did especially with all the people and time zones, but you guys did some nice work.

Coux

Neo Member
Yep and this is really bothering me, but keep in mind that this can fail and the game couldn't be the same as it was in it's former glory.

But therein lies the problem. How to balance that expectation while delivering something fresh? It's difficult to look at a new game without comparing it to the previous. Personally, I think it's a little unfair to do that, as hindsight tends to remember all the good stuff, but forgets most of the bad.

just want to mention again, i may be a little late. will do whatever i can to be on time, but their is a chance i may be late and a very small chance that i wont be able to make it. 50% that i will be drunk lol

Fracas

#fuckonami
just want to mention again, i may be a little late. will do whatever i can to be on time, but their is a chance i may be late and a very small chance that i wont. 50% that i will be drunk lol

I'm sure people wouldn't mind waiting. Although whether they choose to do practice rounds/gentlemen's rules is entirely up to them. PM everyone, see what they say.

Akai__

But therein lies the problem. How to balance that expectation while delivering something fresh? It's difficult to look at a new game without comparing it to the previous. Personally, I think it's a little unfair to do that, as hindsight tends to remember all the good stuff, but forgets most of the bad.

Yeah it's really difficult for developers today. You can't satisfy everyone.

Congrats to all spanish people here. You really deserve it to be EuroCup winner. It was a fantastic game and a fantastic tourney.
(except for Ukraine and Croatia which both were kicked out, because of referee failures.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom