• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Monsterfraces, if you need the gametypes just check out this thread.
Should be TU without bleedthrough. Make sure to adjust Neutral Bomb to the Arena settings, though.

Thanks! Downloading now.

As for scheduling, I'm sending kittens an email now. Not sure what he's been up to, but scheduling needs to get done.

I hope I am not playing on Friday or Saturday. Friday is a no go and Saturday could be problematic.

Can somebody explain to me what this resolution is about?
It is Black Ops 2's resolution. And the resolution is bad. Dunno if people complaining about next get should come finally or oh BO2 sucks. etc.

Akai__

I hope I am not playing on Friday or Saturday. Friday is a no go and Saturday could be problematic.

It is Black Ops 2's resolution. And the resolution is bad. Dunno if people complaining about next get should come finally or oh BO2 sucks. etc.

Good that I dislike the CoD series. The game is always the same, not even graphics are getting updated and if there is a CoD game at the VGA's or at Gametrailers Game of the Year award, it's always winning. There are much better games in my opinion...Shit is getting annoying.

Coux

Neo Member
Good that I dislike the CoD series. The game is always the same, not even graphics are getting updated and if there is a CoD game at the VGA's or at Gametrailers Game of the Year award, it's always winning. There are much better games in my opinion...Shit is getting annoying.

I think that's why I finally stopped playing MW3. After one prestige, I was like, now what? It just became monotonous and repetitive. I supposed that could be said about a lot of games. I think the trick is variety. Play any type of game like this and you get burnt out after a while.

Risen

The brackets look wrong. Why are first round teams being paired up with first round winners?

There is an off number of teams, so four teams have to play first while everyone else gets a bye.

Winner of Plywood v Stalker plays Hydranock's team, winner of Karl v Trey plays Monster's team... then it is balanced for rest of way. Also... only used top part of bracket for single elim... it's like a 64 team bracket?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hey yall, sorry for being MIA the past few days. I've had a pretty hard past few days, dealing with my mom's health problems and some other unrelated bad news. I've been neglecting tourney stuff as a result. Apologies.

I'm ridiculously excited about the tourney, and I think the brackets plan makes a hell of a lot more sense than what I was trying to juggle. Sorry for making it so complicated before, this is my first time organizing anything like this, heh.

I'm gonna go drink some tea and take some sexy pics of myself for Real Pic July. BRB.

They are getting updated actually. Please instead of just listening to morons talk drivel read the fucking article. The resolution is higher than the previous ones. CoD has also never been "locked" 60 fps...It just runs close to the number 60. Kind of like how Halo hasnt been locked 30fps forever it just runs close to it sometimes (Being generous here)

Anyways yea next gen consoles need to come out. I'll be going PC for this next CoD.

Risen

I'm smiling thinking about how it's going to be an absolute scheduling nightmare in the 2nd round.

No it won't... each round is essentially a week, an official match time of say Sunday at 8cst, then the teams have 1 full week to get their game in, before the next round on the following Sunday. It will be up to the captains of the teams to get their guys together and reach an agreeable time... but you have a full week in which to get it done.

Edit:

And if you want double elimination, just use the bottom half of the bracket for the loser's side.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hey yall, sorry for being MIA the past few days. I've had a pretty hard past few days, dealing with my mom's health problems and some other unrelated bad news. I've been neglecting tourney stuff as a result. Apologies.

I'm ridiculously excited about the tourney, and I think the brackets plan makes a hell of a lot more sense than what I was trying to juggle. Sorry for making it so complicated before, this is my first time organizing anything like this, heh.

I'm gonna go drink some tea and take some sexy pics of myself for Real Pic July. BRB.

Dude seriously, don't worry about it at all. It's just a tournament. IRL stuff is much more important. Sorry to hear about your mom.

In other news, here's the HaloGAF tourney post you guys wanted. It barely has anything in it , haha.

Going into matchmaking to get Neutral Bomb and Arena Zealot now. Was Powerhouse ever updated?

I believe its not uncommon for games to run at weirder resolutions and then get scaled to 16:9-16:10.

Its also an up in resolution compared to what it was before. Which could be pretty nice.

Anyways, 60 FPS. So good to see them holding onto that. Just sucks the 360 is such hot garbage.

Yeah, but typically the aspect ratio is something in the ballpark of 16:9. This is even less than 4:3. It's not necessarily bad, just odd.

1-50 would help deal with these problems tremendously.

Or just tighten trueskill, which does the same thing.

It is if 343 doesn't want to spend the time to update it. An unfixed map in matchmaking is worse than just getting rid of it.

Asylum?

Amiright?!

In Halo 4 is it possible to have maps that regulate the AA? I would love to have a midship and Lockout type map in terms of size. You can just take off PV, Jet packs and any other AA that will mess up the flow of the game on that map.

Don't count on it. Also, you aren't going to see maps with Midship and Lockout size apparently. Best Man said he asked about map sizes at E3, and they said that Adrift and Haven were the smaller maps in the game.

Dude seriously, don't worry about it at all. It's just a tournament. IRL stuff is much more important. Sorry to hear about your mom.

In other news, here's the HaloGAF tourney post you guys wanted. It barely has anything in it , haha.

Going into matchmaking to get Neutral Bomb and Arena Zealot now. Was Powerhouse ever updated?

Arena Zealot v3 and Powerhouse v5 are the latest versions I believe. Also, I believe I have both of those, if you want me to upload them.

Akai__

I think that's why I finally stopped playing MW3. After one prestige, I was like, now what? It just became monotonous and repetitive. I supposed that could be said about a lot of games. I think the trick is variety. Play any type of game like this and you get burnt out after a while.

Absolutely. I might disagree with some direction games are going, but sometimes they are needed. What I can't absolutely stand, is the fact that games are getting more and more done for the mass, but not for the (hardcore) fans. Best example is Dead Space 3. Why in hell is it going away from it's horror genre and is becoming a action shooter? It will even play outside on daylight.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but this is something that bothers me.

Edit:
They are getting updated actually. Please instead of just listening to morons talk drivel read the fucking article. The resolution is higher than the previous ones. CoD has also never been "locked" 60 fps...It just runs close to the number 60. Kind of like how Halo hasnt been locked 30fps forever it just runs close to it sometimes (Being generous here)

Anyways yea next gen consoles need to come out. I'll be going PC for this next CoD.

Sorry but I can see barely a difference, between MW2, Black Ops and MW3. Maybe it's just me, but yeah... And I'm not saying this because I support the Halo vs CoD fight. These games shouldn't be compared.

Overdoziz

Banned
Monster, we should be playing Arena Zealot, not normal Zealot. I doubt everyone has Arena Zealot on their fileshares so I think it would be a good idea to put it on yours for others to download.

Edit: Never mind, you already said that.

Shadders

I love the cheating debate regarding videogames. It's so difficult to compare to real sports because in real sports the competitors are bound by what is physically possible, whereas in games competitors are bound by what was created by the developer.

For me I think the argument comes down to whether you think the "rules" are what the developer intended to make or what the developer actually made. I'd suggest that players doing anything the developer made possible aren't cheating, but anything outside of what the developer intended is poor sportsmanship.

Cheating would be modded controllers, lag switches etc.

Gray Man

Banned

I think Call of Duty might start to fizzle soon, Activision did it with Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk, etc. It will happen to Call of Duty.

I love the cheating debate regarding videogames. It's so difficult to compare to real sports because in real sports the competitors are bound by what is physically possible, whereas in games competitors are bound by what was created by the developer.

For me I think the argument comes down to whether you think the "rules" are what the developer intended to make or what the developer actually made. I'd suggest that players doing anything the developer made possible aren't cheating, but anything outside of what they intended is poor sportsmanship.

Cheating would be modded controllers, lag switches etc.

Pretty much, its not cheating, but not exactly moral in some people's eyes. To me its unsportsmanlike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom