• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up for my team. Tomorrow is the last day I would be able to play in the tournament. This is due to me going on vacation on the 4th. Maybe you guys should start looking for a replacement.

FyreWulff

Make sure you say hi. Top tip, don't say "Hi, nice to meet you." and think that means I know you are wwm0nkey. Also, make sure you pronounce your name correctly which according to the AP style guide, is something like "dubba-dubba-yoo-mmm-zero-UNKY."

I can never go up and say hi to people I recognize at conventions. I just get this overwhelming feeling that I'm going to be bothering them and just move on.

Louis Wu

Just a heads up for my team. Tomorrow is the last day I would be able to play in the tournament. This is due to me going on vacation on the 4th. Maybe you guys should start looking for a replacement.
Bleh. :(

(Not sure if you've been paying attention to Risen's posts, but only Karl's and Trey's teams are playing this week; our first game isn't until NEXT week (sometime between Sunday the 8th and Sunday the 15th).

Are you still out for the full stretch?

343 Industries reveals Halo miniseries director.

-------
The Microsoft studio recently announced George Lucas as the director of their upcoming promotional series "Forward Unto Dawn".

Lucas, who recently retired from feature-length filmmaking, seemed very excited for the project. "I've always seen a lot of untapped potential in the Halo franchise and I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on that universe. The Master Chief robot is such an interesting character and I've already got pages of dialogue written for him." Industrial Light & Magic will be providing the visual effects for the show, a partnership that Lucas is clearly comfortable with. "The designers have come up with a stunning arsenal of walkie-talkies for the robot to use, it's going to be a fun ride. Kids are going to love the look of Chief's new alien sidekick, ILM really worked hard on the CGI for the little green guy."

The miniseries consists of five 15-minute episodes and follows the story of Master Chief and Zhortround as they attempt to stop Halo from releasing his army of Flood upon Earth.
I'm so sorry.

CyReN

That truly is a great team name.

I find it mildly amusing that plenty of people in this very thread have complained about BF3 taking up to much hard drive space (justified complaints), and the same thing is going to happen with Halo 4.

I'm sitting pretty with 250 GB's, so no worries here.

I don't mind if it's 8gb of content via Spartan Ops, I dislike BF3 because I have to it strictly for updates and to get a server update.

Bleh. :(

(Not sure if you've been paying attention to Risen's posts, but only Karl's and Trey's teams are playing this week; our first game isn't until NEXT week (sometime between Sunday the 8th and Sunday the 15th).

Are you still out for the full stretch?

I will be gone for 23 days so that means I'm back on the 27th. I think the tourney is already over by that time, isn't it?

He might be too fast to catch up with though...

You might be interested in this Robbert!

Lol.

At least we didn't lose 4-0 against Spain :p

I don't mind if it's 8gb of content via Spartan Ops, I dislike BF3 because I have to it strictly for updates and to get a server update.

That's true, but people that still have 20GB hard drives are going to have the same issue.

For whatever reason, everyone DL's the expansions for BF3, even if you don't purchase it, and then if you purchase it, you just download an 108KB unlock key. I assume it's because the game is developed on PC first, and for whatever programmed/back end reason, that's the best way for them to do it.

DoctorBanjo

Neo Member
Oh I heard him, but I was too busy assassinating Xand and ZoosJoos. Also, Andy was probably too busy running face first into a wall or off the side of a cliff to have noticed.

You find assassinations more important than stopping the flag carrier?!

I approve.

Helljumper Helljumper where you been
Feet first into hell and back again
When I die please bury me deep!
Place an MA5 down by my feet!
Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear!
'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five!
The ground will rumble,
There'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone!
It's just my ghost on a PT run!

Gray Man

Banned
Helljumper Helljumper where you been
Feet first into hell and back again
When I die please bury me deep!
Place an MA5 down by my feet!
Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear!
Just pack my box with PT gear!
'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero-five!
The ground will rumble,
There'll be lightning in the sky!
Don't you worry, don't come undone!
It's just my ghost on a PT run!

This was hands down the best part of the trailer, its things like this that make the universe more real and believable for me.

Link for anyone yet to see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8me1cD01Lw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ok so that was a really busy weekend, but real life is back, and so I can play halo at nights again (except wednesday). Does that work with the rest of my team?

Louis Wu

You don't seem to understand the concept of wolf tier.

probably get carried
I don't want to actually make changes without getting monsterfracas involved, so I've sent him a couple of PMs... but in actuality, you might be a great replacement for Robbert; your K/D is the same as his, your BPR is nearly the same (your W/L is a tiny bit lower, which probably explains your slightly lower BPR).

Of course, you'd have to be willing to join us (Risen, Overheat, me), and monsterfracas would have to sign off on the team change...

Risen

I don't want to actually make changes without getting monsterfracas involved, so I've sent him a couple of PMs... but in actuality, you might be a great replacement for Robbert; your K/D is the same as his, your BPR is nearly the same (your W/L is a tiny bit lower, which probably explains your slightly lower BPR).

Of course, you'd have to be willing to join us (Risen, Overheat, me), and monsterfracas would have to sign off on the team change...

Honestly... the only thing I care about is if he raises or lowers our average age.

Louis Wu

How does one post a game history here from Waypoint?

Copy and paste the full URL as you're looking at it; it'll look something like this:

Code:
http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Career/HaloReach/GameHistory#!/?game=GAME_ID_HERE&section=Unknown

After 'GameHistory' and before the # sign, add

?gamertag=YOUR_GAMERTAG_HERE

You're done.

Louis Wu

Bay may know explosions from 12 slo-mo angles, racist robot cars, and actresses with big toes for thumbs, but only Roland Emmerich is capable of giving an audience the Dirty Sanchez that they never knew they wanted.
That man made two movies worth seeing - Independence Day, and The Patriot. He's been making movies for almost 30 years. Not a stellar record. :(

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I don't believe you.

All the clips you've seen by me are either by someone else or complete luck. Pinky swear.

Tashi, if you're looking for a team and don't want it to be too top-heavy, you should join us. Looks like we're down one. :(

Well let's cut the bullshit here, any team I join is winning the whole thing. It wouldn't be right. :p no but seriously I would rather just be a community scab player for whichever team needs a player if they have one who can't make it and I can.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok someone wanna join shadow, a friend of mine and me?

We played now 2 times a DLC map in Swat.. I never played on this map before

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Sometimes I feel like this thread is on repeat.
JWiT9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom