• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risen

You guys are mean.

Robbert would have made a great teammate, had he been able to play.

Steely's gonna be a great teammate, and he's gonna backpack me like he backpacked Tunavi against Bungie.

Case closed.

No need to hate on prepubescent humor... buzz-killer.

Akai__

Arbiter with one arm:

Front:

gN2Au.jpg

Back:

M76qw.jpg

Fracas

#fuckonami
---TOURNAMENT UPDATE---

Team Sikamikanico has been disbanded. Take a look at the new roster. We now have 17 teams.

The changes:
Steelyuhas moved to Team Louis Wu, to replace Tha Robbertster
DemonCarnotaur moved to Team kylej to replace -Yeti
Team Karl and Team Trey will no longer face each other, with the dissolving of Team Sikamikanico

Here is the new bracket.

---TOURNAMENT UPDATE---

---TOURNAMENT UPDATE---

Team Sikamikanico has been disbanded. Take a look at the new roster. We now have 17 teams.

The changes:
Team Karl and Team Trey will no longer face each other, with the dissolving of Team Sikamikanico

Here is the new bracket.

---TOURNAMENT UPDATE---

Awesome stuff. Was hoping you'd end up reducing the extra teams.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Oh, forgot to mention something.

This round of matches must be completed before Sunday, July 15th at 11:59 PM CST. If your match is not completed by then, I will flip a coin, or both teams forfeit.

It is up to captains/teams to contact each other and get the match in. I need to be notified when a match will take place.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Last night I quit out of my first Reach game, to test Wu's jackpot theory.

Felt dirty. But I was a good quitter and led my team in SWAT to a 49-38 lead.

We'll see if it pays off.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
ok so that was a really busy weekend, but real life is back, and so I can play halo at nights again (except wednesday). Does that work with the rest of my team?

so us versus Heckfu first? pretty cool. When are we doing this?

we should probably keep this to pm, but i can do virtually anytime fri-sun. hopefully we can aim for that and it will work for our opponents.

Louis Wu

...why are you so active today?

I like it!
It's a really good question - I'm supposed to be working. :(

---TOURNAMENT UPDATE---

The changes:

Here is the new bracket.

---TOURNAMENT UPDATE---
I just realized... if we take a week per round, this isn't going to finish before September. This will lead to real troubles for most people (I bet almost everyone has a break SOMETIME this summer). Taking until the 15th is a mistake. :(

(I'm gone from Aug 1-15; I sort of figured we'd be through the tourney before that became relevant, but not unless we step up the pace.)

daedalius

---TOURNAMENT UPDATE---

The changes:

Here is the new bracket.

---TOURNAMENT UPDATE---

TEAM CARRYFU GOIN DOWN!

so us versus Heckfu first? pretty cool. When are we doing this?

Good question!

I just realized... if we take a week per round, this isn't going to finish before September. This will lead to real troubles for most people (I bet almost everyone has a break SOMETIME this summer). Taking until the 15th is a mistake. :(

(I'm gone from Aug 1-15; I sort of figured we'd be through the tourney before that became relevant, but not unless we step up the pace.)

I agree, first set of games needs to be done this weekend rather than next.

Is Slightly Live... alive? I've seen Fyrewulff about. Ideally, Krow and I would like to at least play a few games with the two of them before we face Plywood et al.

---TOURNAMENT UPDATE---

The changes:

Here is the new bracket.

---TOURNAMENT UPDATE---

Hmm Barrow's team is our matchup. Looks like a good team. SHOWDOWN CONFIRMED.

CyReN

Why not set it up if possible matches can be played from: Monday - Thursday & Friday-Sunday so we knock out 2 rounds a week? I start a few classes next week but I should have no issues getting on.

GG everyone today btw.

Louis Wu

Hmm Barrow's team is our matchup. Looks like a good team. SHOWDOWN CONFIRMED.
Our poll shows both Wednesday (9pm+ ET) and Sunday (7pm+ ET) as days all four of us can play; I'd love it if we could get together as a group before the match, but if not, either of these days would probably work for the first match. Team Barrow Roll, what say you?

kylej

Banned
teams should just play whenever they're available while there are so many teams still in the tourney. when it's down to 2 or 4 teams then we should have a fixed schedule. I'm around all night every night every week because I have the social life of a retarded bat.

yo Booties, I checke demoncarnotaur's profile to find his gamertag and saw he's in Pennsylvania. Go give him a handjob and a cheesesteak to get him hyped for the tourney.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Okay, I'll change it.

All of this round's games must be completed by Sunday, July 8th at 11:59 PM CST, or else I will flip a coin.

The tournament should have one fixed date. That's the only real complain I have.

Monstra, if you need even teams, I am thinking my team can quit too. But I am not sure if Barlow or Mister Negative want that. Ask them first.

Risen

The tournament should have one fixed date. That's the only real complain I have.

Monstra, if you need even teams, I am thinking my team can quit too. But I am not sure if Barlow or Mister Negative want that. Ask them first.

No way to back into a fixed date and run through all games... you would lose most the teams.

kylej said:
teams should just play whenever they're available while there are so many teams still in the tourney. when it's down to 2 or 4 teams then we should have a fixed schedule. I'm around all night every night every week because I have the social life of a retarded bat.

yo Booties, I checke demoncarnotaur's profile to find his gamertag and saw he's in Pennsylvania. Go give him a handjob and a cheesesteak to get him hyped for the tourney.

Teams are playing whenever they are available... you just have a full week to get it done. There has to be some sort of structure to get through the rounds. With an off number of teams, either you give everyone but the play in game a bye round one, or you give a couple teams byes round one, and the rest byes in round two. Either way people are sitting.

If you don't have a fixed schedule, what do you do if one team shows and the other can't? Both could say the other wouldn't work with them. This way there is a generous time frame to get each round done, while still providing a limit.

No way to back into a fixed date and run through all games... you would lose most the teams.
I am thinking it more: Do it the next time with a fixed date. The time does not have to be a single day. It could be a weekend or "Round 1 games have to be played Saturday xy, Round 2 matches will be played at Saturday xy" etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom