• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bay may know explosions from 12 slo-mo angles, racist robot cars, and actresses with big toes for thumbs, but only Roland Emmerich is capable of giving an audience the Dirty Sanchez that they never knew they wanted.

I want this printed on every copy of 2012, Godzilla, and The Day After Tomorrow. Why are we arguing over health care when there is a "Roland Emmerich Sucks and Not Enough People Know It" crisis happening?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Sanjuro Tsubaki, I'm PMing you now. You need to contact kylej and booties (PM them), and get your team organized. DemonCarnotaur, I think I'm going to put you on that team to replace -Yeti. I'll scrap the team with EuropeOG and Stripper13, haven't seem them post in quite some time. Steelyuhas, you can replace Tha Robbertster. So, just for clarification, this is what we're looking it, if Sanjuro Tsubaki is still in.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-XBt2PtESg5qJpCfRft-0WBcBWtLYuDgNotTFVa5FJ0/edit?pli=1

Atill here if anyone needs an extra bro

I'm better than Gabo
If Tsubaki wants out, I'll put you in. What are your stats?

Noricart

This one is out of the blue, I just re-read last week's bulletin, and the talk of a new game-mode seems intriguing. I can't imagine it being anything crazy as halo's game-types cover what most other shooters do. But then I looked at the overhead image of Longbow and thought it would be something along the lines of Operations, like in Killzone, or Payload a la TF2. But now that I think about further, Operations seems to be a perfect game type for drop in and drop-out, while shifting focus to parts of the map that would otherwise be unused, it is also a competent replacement for Invasion (at least in theory).
TL;DR: I think the new game-mode is an Invasion-esque scenario where you cycle through different objectives on the map.
Tell me I'm right Frankie
Operations in Killzone:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEO8aRq2cLc
Longbow Overhead:
image.axd

Sanjuro

Bay may know explosions from 12 slo-mo angles, racist robot cars, and actresses with big toes for thumbs, but only Roland Emmerich is capable of giving an audience the Dirty Sanchez that they never knew they wanted.

Bay is comfortable with drastically altering the franchise, something Halo needs.

I anticipate the day where we can all be in line for the midnight release of "The Adventures of Halo-Man".

not even 3D ass could drive me to the theater. lol

That man made two movies worth seeing - Independence Day, and The Patriot. He's been making movies for almost 30 years. Not a stellar record. :(
Definitely not, though I'd put Universal Soldier above those two you mentioned in terms of enjoyment.

I want this printed on every copy of 2012, Godzilla, and The Day After Tomorrow. Why are we arguing over health care when there is a "Roland Emmerich Sucks and Not Enough People Know It" crisis happening?
25 yr old Me: "It's Ferris Bueller fighting a giant lizard! How bad can it be?!?!
Evil Emmerich: lolololololol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to Halo-related news. Does ANYONE have a spare RTX ticket or know where I can buy one? Rooster Teeth is all sold out, and it seems that no other ticket company is selling tickets. blargh

It would be cool if waypoint gave you an image of the stats so you don't have to cap it yourself. It's not a big deal, but it would be convenient.

Also the site loads up only like half the time for me so I wouldn't have to try to look at people's links anymore.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm decent but not competition worthy. I just don't want people having to drop out because of one missing member knowing I can fill that spot

Only people I'm having drop out are guys that haven't posted in a long time. Should work out

daedalius

I love it when guys contact me about doing a commission and they tell me all about what they want and how they are willing to spend a nice chunk for it... then they decide they no longer have the money.

Figure out your finances first, ffs.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I got my controller in today, and I went to Twitter to thank Philza, but for some reason, the page is all messed up for me. Won't let me tweet, wtf.

zap

Ok, so I'm on holiday and have some downtime... Decided to check the thread and there's a silly number of posts since I left. Any significant news in the last 5 days? I can't read all that, esp with most of it probably being tourney stuff.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Is it the scuf? report how you feel about it.

My controller has still to arrive
It's an official MS controller that I think he modded. Not sure, it came in all the packaging and looked new. Definitely going to use it.

Did you win one as well?
LOL

I'm 22.

I'd be happy to join the squad, but fracas should make all the team placements as it's his system he put in place and he who formed the teams.

I have no problem with you joining Wu's squad. Your stats are similar to Tha Robberster (practically identical), so there's no problem balance wise.

Louis Wu

LOL

I'm 22.
Brings our team average up a full year. Happy, Risen? :)

I'd be happy to join the squad, but fracas should make all the team placements as it's his system he put in place and he who formed the teams
He's good with this:

Steelyuhas, you can replace Tha Robbertster.

Hey folks on Carryfu, just a reminder I'll be on in about two hours. Be there or be Louis Wu.
Don't make me come over there, Fu.

Louis Wu

Sounds good to me, lets do it.

Bringing the age up, what is Robbert like 12? :p
Dude. You might get kicked off for bad math skills. Let's try this again.

You're 22. You replacing Robbert on a 4-man squad brings the average up 1 year. How many years older than Robbert are you?

It's summer, school's out

Risen

You're 22. You replacing Robbert on a 4-man squad brings the average up 1 year. How many years older than Robbert are you?

Ever hear the term young and dumb and... oh never mind.

Grouchy old man!

Yes, I realize that makes me 4 years older than Robbert.

Well, he has the IQ of a 12 year old.

The point I was making the whole time.

Obviously

Louis Wu

You guys are mean.

Robbert would have made a great teammate, had he been able to play.

Steely's gonna be a great teammate, and he's gonna backpack me like he backpacked Tunavi against Bungie.

Case closed.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
You guys are mean.

Steely's gonna be a great teammate, and he's gonna backpack me like he backpacked Tunavi against Bungie.

Case closed.
You cut a good concise promo.

You guys are mean.

Case closed.
How did Wu make a supportive, community-positive post while also somehow posting a slam against Tunavi? Impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom