• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

heckfu

Banned
pkrZg.jpg

Please, quit being so repetitive. We've already had clarification on spectator mode so there's no use in bringing it up again.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Then what are your suggestions? You make points that we're on repeat, we have to stop asking the same questions, we have to quit being Overdoz1z, but what do you want instead?

If you can, I can take a personal vow of HaloGAF silence until new information appears as to not infringe on being repetitive if you like.
Not only will I not take a vow of silence.

I will literally repeat what I just said.

What I just said.

kylej

Banned
Hydranocks complains about the thread being repetitive, then cries about questions other people have every single time they post them.

uh...

Dude, you've been moaning about this shit for months now. Go to HBO or some other place if you don't like this thread. I gained a lot of respect for Fyrewulff for voicing those concerns, whether it personally is important to me or not.

FyreWulff

Is this the "map failed to load" error? I get that often in Doubles; after three instances the other player gets booted, but sometimes it seems like they're using it to override my vote.

Yep. The game lets someone fail 2-3 times and then just goes "well, you're wasting everyone's time" and boots them out to the lobby.

Really obvious when it happens on Defiant or Noble maps.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Throw a spike grenade and all the spikes are replaced by fusion coils!

Crazy, although you may be onto something. A "fusion grenade" akin to the fire grenades but not as lethal would be a great addition. Maybe a timed detonation. Throw the fusion grenade and it explodes in 3 seconds with a similar explosion as the coil makes. Could design them aesthetically similar too.

Frankie pls.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Spectator mode is not a feature in Halo 4 nor are there currently any plans to introduce Spectator mode into Halo 4, please do not clutter up the thread with any feature request. Theater mode is good enough™.
Please stop complaining about people repeating them selves, someone else already did that.
Please stop complaining about people complaining about people repeating themselves, this concern has already been raised. Thank you.

Then what are your suggestions? You make points that we're on repeat, we have to stop asking the same questions, we have to quit being Overdoz1z, but what do you want instead?

If you can, I can take a personal vow of HaloGAF silence until new information appears as to not infringe on being repetitive if you like.

I would honestly rather people discussed the things we actually know. Squad Slayer is gone. Over will play regardless. There is zero benefit to anyone in always asking.

It's like hitting bedrock in Minecraft. Instead of leaving it at that and exploring somewhere else, we just keep bashing it with pickaxes, hoping it'll break.

Why don't we discuss the FUD teaser or RTX or upcoming tidbits of info? Ask 343 for a number of sleeps. Ask them things we haven't asked. When all else fails, I'd rather the thread just went dry rather than reguritating the same posts as if we needed to keep this place going.

Overdoziz

Banned
I would honestly rather people discussed the things we actually know. Squad Slayer is gone. Over will play regardless. There is zero benefit to anyone in always asking.

It's like hitting bedrock in Minecraft. Instead of leaving it at that and exploring somewhere else, we just keep bashing it with pickaxes, hoping it'll break.

Why don't we discuss the FUD teaser or RTX or upcoming tidbits of info? Ask 343 for a number of sleeps. Ask them things we haven't asked. When all else fails, I'd rather the thread just went dry rather than reguritating the same posts as if we needed to keep this place going.
Nothing is stopping you.

Hydranocks complains about the thread being repetitive, then cries about questions other people have every single time they post them.

uh...

Dude, you've been moaning about this shit for months now. Go to HBO or some other place if you don't like this thread. I gained a lot of respect for Fyrewulff for voicing those concerns, whether it personally is important to me or not.

I just said 343 withold information. It's as if the truth is just too hard to bear around here :lol

heckfu

Banned

Well to prevent further clutter you can ask me to take up my vow of silence or put me on ignore.

But even that's repetitive as I've already said it! WHAT DO I DO NOW BASEDNOCKZ.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Yes or no to skirmishers and buggers in Halo 4? Personally I hate buggers, and only allow skirmishers because they are fun to fight, although a HUGE pain in the ass on Score Attack firefight if you aren't on top of your game.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It's cool, I got you:

• Helljumper, Helljumper where ya been! We burst into Hell & back again! Neat, oh and Spartan butt.
  • RTX? I won't be there /worldsmallestviolin
  • Tidbits of info? We'll discuss those things when 343 is ready to tell us more at a later date.
  • Number of sleeps 343?
  • wil h4 maek me cry everytim?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Yes or no to skirmishers and buggers in Halo 4? Personally I hate buggers, and only allow skirmishers because they are fun to fight, although a HUGE pain in the ass on Score Attack firefight if you aren't on top of your game.

I'M NOT BEING REPETITIVE, ANSWER MY THOUGHT-PROVOKING QUESTIONS.

:p

Well to prevent further clutter you can ask me to take up my vow of silence or put me on ignore.

But even that's repetitive as I've already said it! WHAT DO I DO NOW BASEDNOCKZ.

I actually never once said I have a problem with the reptition. I did say it doesn't benefit anyone and those are two very different things.

All I said, is that 343 witholds information. I then called out what has happened and what will continue to happen should people ask the same questions. I even encouraged people to do it! :lol It's just not for me, so I don't do it. After all, you asked me what I'd do. I guess I enjoy all the OT nonsense and talk of beards too.

Hydra, should I PM you all my posts before I post them so you can check if they're worthy of being posted in this thread?

Sorry brah, I'd rather not have the same PM over and over again :p

heckfu

Banned
Four sleeps.

Now that's a post we can all rally around.

I actually never once said I have a problem with the reptition. I did say it doesn't benefit anyone and those are two very different things.

All I said, is that 343 witholds information. I then called out what has happened and what will continue to happen should people ask the same questions. I even encouraged people to do it! :lol It's just not for me, so I don't do it. After all, you asked me what I'd do. I guess I enjoy all the OT nonsense and talk of beards too.
I appreciate the clarification :). And I also enjoy all the OT and beard talk with you as well.

ElRenoRaven

Oh boy time to find that halogaf civil war gif. And yea I can't blame those complaining and asking the questions again and again. 343 has a tendency to not answer questions if they know the answer is going to be something people don't like. At least that's the feeling I get from them. That's also why so much silence on certain things is very very unsettling.

Course all that said I don't care. I'm in a good mood and finally have work again. I'm going to be too busy making money to spend on eveything techie and gamer I ever wanted spend paying old bills and setting up an IRA, buying a vehicle, etc.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
The fact that Anniversary would have been 60$ with two discs is already public knowledge, same with the reason why H1A didn't have the H1 Gametype on the disc (because of no space left)

It's been acknowledged that 343 knows how many people are affected. 343 has then made a decision on it. 343 can now own the decision, and people are well within their right to gripe about it. I'm going to bitch about it because 343's ACTIONS, which rarely sync up with 343's words, have negatively affected me re: LAN already. As someone who helps an Enforcer run a Halo freeplay at PAX, Halo 2 and Halo 3 were GREAT because we had easy access to the maps and the title updates. For Halo 3, all we had to do was put an HDD on the host box if we wanted the Halo 3 1.1 changes.

Now we're left in situation for PAX Prime 2012 where we now have to decide which Reach we're going to have. HDDs are hard to get in so we might just be forced to roll with 1.0. Our options with 1.1 are to either get hard drives in for every box (pain in the ass, and still no DLC) or use Anniversary discs, and going with Anniversary discs means only Anniversary maps. With Halo 3: Mythic, we could use 4 Core 360s with the disc and we had all DLC and the title update. It was glorious.

My opinion is the decision to bring Anniversary to market at a lower price was made at the cost of an already existing game's player base. If you're so pressed for space, the decision should have been made to not even include Halo: Reach Multiplayer on the disc, and just include the code, because as the Frankie post said, most people playing multiplayer have Gold. Reach would have been WAY better off if this decision had been made. We wouldn't have had the silly redundant playlists, and we'd actually be able to have Forge World remakes of non-Anni maps in Team Classic along with the Anni maps.

We hear "Halo 4 will have streamlined multiplayer", then 343 shovels as many playlists as they can onto Reach. We hear "Default Reach will remain Default" and mere months later, Default Reach players were left with a mere two playlists, once of which requires all DLC to even play. I see 343 choose to negatively impact LAN with their Reach title update, then I'm supposed to give 343 the benefit of the doubt on the non-Gold community going forward?

I'll admit right now I used some harsh words, and I apologize for that right now (I should have said "it feels like 343 doesn't care" instead of "343 doesn't give a shit" for example), since it's probably not a good idea to engage in a lively conversation while under the stress of moving countries. My base criticisms remain though. I am aware of the benefits that this decision has. I'm not yet convinced of the trade off that it incurs.

I'll gladly own the decisions we made regarding Halo: Anniversary because, while not perfect, they provided the best experience for the widest audience. I've always appreciated your passion for legacy items in Halo, because they're very personal to your enjoyment of the Halo experience. Please understand that we don't have the luxury to focus on personal opinions all the time because sometimes tough calls are for the greater good. When we made the call to do a title update for Reach, our number one pillar was "DON'T BREAK HALO: REACH." The method we used for the title update was seen as the best solution to this very complex task. We didn't set out to break interoperability for LAN with the title update but the constraints of time and resources made supporting that feature from a test perspective impossible. And remember our core pillar was "DON'T BREAK HALO: REACH." I'm not going to bother digging into the "default Reach" stuff much, but I will say this. The quote that you so love to bring up about our so-called promise was in reference to changing the game to zero bloom, so using that as some umbrella statement is disingenuous at best.

I absolutely agree with you that Halo: Reach has too many playlists, and this is something we will be addressing. Additionally, we've learned a lot from our successes and failures regarding playlist management for Reach. I know Frank has said this before, but we're planning to have a much more streamlined hopper experience for War Games when we launch Halo 4.

We're not perfect. We're human beings. We've made mistakes in the past and will certainly make them in the future. I won't ask you to trust us, but I speak for myself and and everyone else at 343 when I say that we absolutely care about Halo and its fans. We will always try to make decisions that benefit the widest number of players. Sometimes that will cause us to step on individual toes. That is unfortunate, but it is also reality.

FyreWulff

Yes, in your alternate universe where Super Mario World was never released.

Super Mario World is an SNES tech demo. Some neat ideas but never gets too interesting.

Mario sidescrolling tiers go SMB3 > Yoshi's Island > Mario World > SMB1 > Entire NSMB franchise > SMB2.

DKC 2 sits above them, DKC1 is right below the NSMB franchise, DKC3 is below SMB2.

edit: DKC1 also has the issue that looking back on it, it's like Marioworld in that it was a tech demo for the developer to prove that the concept worked, without ever getting to interesting. DKC2 was "we know how the engine works now, let's DO THIS"

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I absolutely agree with you that Halo: Reach has too many playlists, and this is something we will be addressing. Additionally, we've learned a lot from our successes and failures regarding playlist management for Reach. I know Frank has said this before, but we're planning to have a much more streamlined hopper experience for War Games when we launch Halo 4.

Interesting. Thanks David.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Super Mario World is an SNES tech demo. Some neat ideas but never gets too interesting.

Mario sidescrolling tiers go SMB3 > Yoshi's Island > Mario World > SMB1 > Entire NSMB franchise > SMB2.

DKC 2 sits above them, DKC1 is right below the NSMB franchise, DKC3 is below SMB2.

edit: DKC1 also has the issue that looking back on it, it's like Marioworld in that it was a tech demo for the developer to prove that the concept worked, without ever getting to interesting. DKC2 was "we know how the engine works now, let's DO THIS"

WHAT THE FUCK BRO

What about Yoshi's story? That was excellent, and as was Super Mario all stars (as a package).

FyreWulff

WHAT THE FUCK BRO

I don't know. Four sleeps. 343 hinting at something happening on Bungie Day? I don't know what to think anymore. SUSPENSE

What about Yoshi's story? That was excellent, and as was Super Mario all stars (as a package).

I honestly don't know what to think of Yoshi's Story. It had some really cool ideas but the levels never got too hard and the game was fairly short. Probably still above SMB2.

heckfu

Banned

Shut the front door. DKC1 is one of my favorite games on that system. I thought it was a really wild experience and has some really killer OST songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom