• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylej

Banned
I bet not explaining why you're required to have 8gb space for MP is a big part of their marketing plan. People are so hyped for the reveal.

Uh, excuse me you are not part of the Halo 4 marketing team. You have no right to criticize anything until you've stepped in their shoes. Let's shore this negativity up and go back to the gifs and movie chat, please.

Over definitely has a point. They should explain why it takes sp much space and why their doing it.

If I was in 343's place I would make sure it's at least gone over in the next bulletin.

Only logical reason I see not to do it is if their still messing around with it and don't know specifics. Bit considering they said its already gonna take 8 GB... Probably should go over that.

And flash drives are obnoxious because they need to be 360 compatible. The ones I had work but are a bit wonky. And it only has 2 slots.

And I use one slot for a flash drive already and another for okay and charge. Then I replace one for the mix charger sometimes.

Oh I agree. The logic is there though. Why whould we assume they even know the exact details of why it's going to take 8GB? As is now, we have between now and October to either clear up some space or find an alternative source of memory. This way, we can still prepare and by the time they have concrete details we'll know why.

Storm in a teacup...

Squad Slayer.

X5hOw.gif

Despite your awesome gifs, my eyes are constantly drawn to your a
vatar
. Rigby is like my hero, which makes you my hero also. And waiting for a proper explanation for the removal of squad slayer is like watching this over and over again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=k2MxHzufaus#t=9s

Sorry guys (team), I'll be out of town all week so I won't be able to play. Sunday night I should be back.

Semi-related.

I am an 'alternate' for the player list? Wtf happened?

I'm not 100% sure on time zones but I'm basically available from 10pm AEST Thursday (5th July) until probably same time Friday (6th July).

AEST = GMT+10

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Kuroyume

Banned
So absurd. I have a 20 gb. The main reason why I've stopped with XBLA is because of that limit. Now H4 will need 8gb? Add the DLC down the line too. Whoever thought 20gb would be enough for the 360 is an a hole. Or the 4gb model? Lol.

senador

Banned
So absurd. I have a 20 gb. The main reason why I've stopped with XBLA is because of that limit. Now H4 will need 8gb? Add the DLC down the line too. Whoever thought 20gb would be enough for the 360 is an a hole. Or the 4gb model? Lol.

$$$

Fully agreed. Even my 60gb is totally full and I have to keep juggling with it. Nextbox needs 500 for longevity.

FyreWulff

Apparently 343 considers you too insignificant of a statistic. Stop playing their games, freeloader, and give them more money.

IHaveIce

Banned
So my girlfriend and my daughter threw me out of the kitchen, I'm not allowed to help making cookies :(

So now I read 8GB is required? Wow that is a lot for only one game, they better show it on the package and everything, this will upset a lot of players.

Also Happy birthday Domino.

Striker

343 shouldn't be blamed for providing content. MS should for deploying tiny or no hard drives.

There has been plenty of bundles you can buy, or just a single 250gb HDD. MS made the smaller HDD's for consumers who don't play much or save many games on their console. Plus this was all before installing games into the 360 itself.

FyreWulff

343 shouldn't be blamed for providing content. MS should for deploying tiny or no hard drives.

They're the same company though. 343 is Microsoft. Although it perfectly explains why they didn't give two fucks about the LAN base with Reach 1.2, from their own mouth, they consider people not playing multiplayer via Xbox Live not worth caring about.

It's going to be real interesting to see if 4 actually replaces Reach like Reach replaced 3 in users. I'm not making predictions, but this time around there's a lot more variables playing into people that might now think twice about 'upgrading' to Halo 4.

edit: and to be honest, it's really irking me right now that they're going out of the way to ship a second disc with Halo 4 but can't even be assed to make a Halo: Reach: Mythic disc.

a zoojoo

Banned
YOU SAVED YOUR ASS !!
I kid.

Later today again some Halo? Who would be up for it?

k.
GT: THEZoosJoos

lybertyboy said:
We didn't want Halo: Anniversary to cost $60. It's as simple as that. We were right up against the edge filling up the one disc we did ship. But by all means, continue spouting off about things you have no first-hand knowledge about.
That's what i figured. Having basically 3 engines on one disk was bound to take up alot of space. Having 32+ maps (counting firefight) would've have been impossible without a second disk, and therefore would've jacked the price up.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
...from their own mouth, they consider people not playing multiplayer via Xbox Live not worth caring about.

Horseshit.

edit: and to be honest, it's really irking me right now that they're going out of the way to ship a second disc with Halo 4 but can't even be assed to make a Halo: Reach: Mythic disc.

We didn't want Halo: Anniversary to cost $60. It's as simple as that. We were right up against the edge filling up the one disc we did ship. But by all means, continue spouting off about things you have no first-hand knowledge about.

Horseshit.

But you never tell us anything! My playlists, my hard drive spaaaace! You don't love me!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Cross post.

The 4GB console is not marketed towards the hardcore players. Isn't it still branded "arcade?" It is meant for people playing mostly XBLA games.

If you are a hardcore player and bought a 4GB Xbox, that's your deal. There are better options available.

Recarpo

So with 8 gbs needed it sounds like there could be a mandatory install. The newer discs are what, 7.8gbs or something along those lines?

daedalius

They're the same company though. 343 is Microsoft. Although it perfectly explains why they didn't give two fucks about the LAN base with Reach 1.2, from their own mouth, they consider people not playing multiplayer via Xbox Live not worth caring about.

It's going to be real interesting to see if 4 actually replaces Reach like Reach replaced 3 in users. I'm not making predictions, but this time around there's a lot more variables playing into people that might now think twice about 'upgrading' to Halo 4.

I imagine the actual fun of the game will factor into this as well.

and with how Reach is for fun...

L0GIKILL

Neo Member
Hi all; first post! Would anyone be willing to make me an avatar of the wolf from the Neverending Story? If so, many thanks!

Also, Im happy to fill out the Junior Member survey, but it seems youre all exasperated with the junior flood right now, so Ill probably wait on that. Cheers!

Karl2177

But, how do you explain Patrick? The concept of dense tears coming from a star fish is laughable, laughable I say!

:p
Why you calling me a starfish, man?

Horseshit.

Let's say you guys weren't so adamant about the $60 priceline. Would it have been a major point to include a disc similar to ODST?

Take it to the fucking Amazing Spider-Man OT please.
So I can't say whether or not I enjoyed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom