• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I don't think H4's playlists will be as messy as Reachs'. I imagine all the new stuff will be prefixed by the word infinity. Therefore infinity BTB, Infinity team slayer etc.

And the other stuff would come under the classic prefix.

And that should really be it tbh.

the really nice thing about a playlist division in halo 4 like you suggest, between infinity and classic, is that the core game mechanics (movement speed, jump, lack of reach bloom, etc) should be universal in halo 4 with only the additional stuff (AA's, not-perks, etc) being restricted to infinity types. you wont have this major adjustment period moving between different playlists.

Shadders

Winner gets a big prize? :p

Winner should get a golden ticket to 343i.

iV8Tu.png

I've watched this video so many times.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy9IGYs9nu0&feature=plcp So good.

The BR, DMR, and Carbine all look awesome. The death sound effect pretty pretty old pretty quickly though.
After watching that I would definitely like 343 to remove whatever filter they have on Steitzer. Maybe it's because I'm not used to it, but I don't like it. It's not emphasizing the right part of his voice as in past Halo games.

Overdoziz

Banned
MLG: teams of four donging on randoms
Just played an MLG match. 2 of my teammates didn't even get kills and both went about -4 before quitting. The last guy got 4 kills but also died 13 times. And the other team wasn't even good. I went +3 while practically playing 1vs4. :/

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I was playing BTB last night on Reach with similar results henery. I finally got a friend to join and we did better, but were still at the mercy of a few idiots on our team.

We then switched to Team Slayer and dominated. Might stick to that tonight.

Risen

Just played an MLG match. 2 of my teammates didn't even get kills and both went about -4 before quitting. The last guy got 4 kills but also died 13 times. And the other team wasn't even good. I went +3 while practically playing 1vs4. :/

Why do you and thee henery go into these play lists alone? Good players typically aren't going to go into BTB or MLG alone. Go in alone and you are "game filler".

Overdoziz

Banned
Why do you and thee henery go into these play lists alone? Good players typically aren't going to go into BTB or MLG alone. Go in alone and you are "game filler".
I'm just bored right now. Playing MLG on your own isn't too bad. Just r waped a bunch of kids last match.
Also, at this time of day there aren't many American players online so I tend to get a better connection (or even host).

the really nice thing about a playlist division in halo 4 like you suggest, between infinity and classic, is that the core game mechanics (movement speed, jump, lack of reach bloom, etc) should be universal in halo 4 with only the additional stuff (AA's, not-perks, etc) being restricted to infinity types. you wont have this major adjustment period moving between different playlists.

I agree.

It's the Dart6 logo from Syndicate.

Here's the video it's from.

Syndicate SP was really good IMO.

The dart system was really fun to play with.

Yeah I'm really hoping for a setup something like this since I don't think true ranks will return,

Infinity
Infinity Slayer
Rumble Pit
BTB
Objective
Multi-Team

Classic-BR/pistol starts, weapons spawn on map, no loadouts, no AAs or mods
Team Slayer
Lone Wolves
Objective
Team Doubles

FyreWulff

Heh, I was just musing with someone that it's a good thing objectives aren't solid for player collisions. Discussed a scenario where if they were in Halo 4, you could just throw the flag into the air and then thrust into it, launching it forward.

Am I the only one who thinks Fallon is completely not funny? I really didn't like him at all on SNL, so I've never watched his late night program.

At least it's not Leno.

He has improved since SNL

Halo 4 on Jimmy Fallon tonight? Confirm or deny.
Am I the only one who thinks Fallon is completely not funny? I really didn't like him at all on SNL, so I've never watched his late night program.

At least it's not Leno.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those minimalist posters are fantastic.

Gui_PT

I've watched this video so many times.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy9IGYs9nu0&feature=plcp So good.

The BR, DMR, and Carbine all look awesome. The death sound effect gets pretty old pretty quickly though.

So now the announcer tells me the objective of the gametype when I start?

You know what would be nice? That block of text we had in Halo 2 pre-game lobby that told me everything I needed to know about the gametype

Edit:

At least it's not Leno.

I really really dislike Fallon. He always looks so unconfortable and awkward. His laughing sounds so forced.

But yeah, Leno is even worse :lol

We should totally try and guess the tagline for Halo 5...
  • We're just getting started
  • This is not your grave
  • Finish the fight
  • Wake up John
  • ???
  • Profit!

Edit: I forgot Reach
(cwutididthar?)

"And so it's strange that people already have a kind of imprint in their mind about where ideas come from or where they're going, and that's a good example of one where we know it's fun and we tested it and we know that it's balanced but we just have to stick to our guns and make sure that when we execute on it, it's as perfect as it can be.

Fun is such a broad term, and also very different for each person. You can't ever be 100% sure that people will think it's fun.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Okay, caught up on the list, adding neoism, Rand0m TAG, king picollo, TheOddOne, Fuchsdh, and Calm Killer.

I need your gamertags as well, so I can get your stats.

senador

Banned

This article raises some super good points. They can't just do what forum poster lylek says, but they can't push fans to the sidelines either. It's a hard balance. I think it's be tough to be in a position like that and want to please fans, try new things, but also look through existing data and have balance it all out. It wouldn't be easy at all despite what people here might think.

This article raises some super good points. They can't just do what forum poster lylek says, but they can't push fans to the sidelines either. It's a hard balance. I think it's be tough to be in a position like that and want to please fans, try new things, but also look through existing data and have balance it all out. It wouldn't be easy at all despite what people here might think.

There is this beta thingy. I heard it's really good to get fan feedback and test out new things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom