• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadders

Shadders (FlawlessC0wboy) - BPR 52 - K/D .92 - Win 60%

These stats belie the fact that I'm a pretty good player as part of a team, I just roll around getting raped as a solo most of the time. Don't fear having me on your team. :)

Hehe... (Exaggerated for clarity, I'm not that insane)
srMK.png

I have been tasked to sign up for the HaloGaf tournament by Sikamikanico, i don't post much but have the abilities to pay the utilities.

Anyway, if we can be on the same team that would be peachy.

Do i need to put anything else, kiss someones bum?

Also Prometheus left me asking why to a lot of things, i find a good movie shouldn't do that.

Oh yeah GT is King Picollo, as everyone seems to be doing it BPR is 82 K/D 1.31, W/L 76%

I think, i don't know about stats since bungie transfered the job to 343.

Hey guys, just popping in to say >Reach

Capture-16.jpg

First game of the day.

god damnit I miss you, squad slayer

I remember when we had Squad Slayer and the oft-overlooked Anniversary Squad. That was when I played this game more than once a week. Played a bit of Super Slayer yesterday with a mate. Laughably bad. So bad.

Overdoziz

Banned
I remember when we had Squad Slayer and the oft-overlooked Anniversary Squad. That was when I played this game more than once a week. Played a bit of Super Slayer yesterday with a mate. Laughably bad. So bad.
Squad Slayer and 4v4 Team Objective (back before 90% of the voting options were terrible gametypes). So good. And then 343 decided to fuck it all up for no reason.

Striker

Squad Slayer and 4v4 Team Objective (back before 90% of the voting options were terrible gametypes). So good. And then 343 decided to fuck it all up for no reason.
After removing the Drop Shield, it was setup pretty nice. Then Evade, Speedflag, Flag Slayer, and other bad gametypes entered the fray. Also wondered, when Bungie were eliminating "fringe" gametypes, they never took out Hot Potato. o_O

Overdoziz

Banned
After removing the Drop Shield, it was setup pretty nice. Then Evade, Speedflag, Flag Slayer, and other bad gametypes entered the fray. Also wondered, when Bungie were eliminating "fringe" gametypes, they never took out Hot Potato. o_O
Ever since a recent update pretty much every voting option is awful. Speedflag, Hot Potato, Oddball on terrible maps, Stockpile, Crazy King (lol random hills), 3 plots on Boardwalk, Neutral Flag etc.

All so terrible.

Where's my beutiful premium battle gone and why?
I think I've played Squad DLC about 1 or 2 times. 100% bloom is top-tier garbage.

FyreWulff

Where's my beutiful premium battle gone and why?

Killed by 343 throwing an Anniversary requirement on it for some reason even though people has 5 other playlists to get Anniversary guaranteed.

After it died, they brought the DLC list back as Premium Slayer, then now Squad DLC = Premium Battle + Slayer gametypes.

If they had actually kept the "default Reach will remain default", Squad DLC should have been TU.

Any amount of bloom is garbage imo.

Slight bit of lag in games and bloom feels even more exaggerated.

Bloom is client-side..

Ever since a recent update pretty much every voting option is awful. Speedflag, Hot Potato, Oddball on terrible maps, Stockpile, Crazy King (lol random hills), 3 plots on Boardwalk, Neutral Flag etc.

All so terrible.

I think I've played Squad DLC about 1 or 2 times. 100% bloom is top-tier garbage.

Remember, they're just getting started ;)

Oh and

Capture-17.jpg

The very next game after the one I just posted

So embarrassing for Microsoft and everyone involved in Reach. This is their premier IP and its 'match' making hahahahahaha.

Tunavi

Banned
Ugh premium battle, squad slayer, anniversary squad. all gone. and 5v5 Objective.

and yet, armor lock, jetpack, camo, uncaged, all remain.

343 has not done anything right with the playlists.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Ugh premium battle, squad slayer, anniversary squad. all gone. and 5v5 Objective.

and yet, armor lock, jetpack, camo, uncaged, all remain.

343 has not done anything right with the playlists.

Reach is Bungie's game. 343 is basically just watching the lists until Halo 4. I never expected them to put a bunch of work into Reach.

Overdoziz

Banned
Reach is Bungie's game. 343 is basically just watching the lists until Halo 4. I never expected them to put a bunch of work into Reach.
They've put a lot of work into removing good playlists and adding terrible ones.
Seriously, it would've been better if 343 hadn't done any updates.

kylej

Banned
Hey 343, which MLG Pro's twitter account should we be following for updates on matchmaking and Halo 4? I've grown accustomed to getting my info that way but I didn't know which pro you guys recommend.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
They put a lot of work into removing good playlists and adding terrible ones.
Seriously, it would've been better if 343 hadn't done any updates.

Personally I wonder if Reach was left with 343 with some kind of legacy document provided by Bungie on how to run the playlists going forward. Wouldn't surprise me if MS had Bungie draft up a plan for the Reach multiplayer through Halo 4's launch so 343 could just have one or two people working on it and the rest on Halo 4.

TheOddOne

A 3 studio rotation would be pretty cool if that meant each CoD could get a 3 year dev cycle. But I imagine that's not what they're doing.
Seems like the main studios who lead the games, Treyarch and Sledgehammer, will always be assisted by studios like Raven, Infinity Ward, Beachhead Studios and more. Which means yearly iterations of CoD. Doesn't seem like there is much breathing room for the studios.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
So I heard there was a GAFtournament coming up?

Id love to take part in it.

BPR 100; KD:1.8; WP 60%

I dont post very much, but I am a constant lurker.

I would be interested in playing. How do I sign up?

FyreWulff

Personally I wonder if Reach was left with 343 with some kind of legacy document provided by Bungie on how to run the playlists going forward. Wouldn't surprise me if MS had Bungie draft up a plan for the Reach multiplayer through Halo 4's launch so 343 could just have one or two people working on it and the rest on Halo 4.

It was confirmed long ago by 343 that any plans Bungie had for playlists or a TU were dropped / not passed forward in the takeover. The way the CC had to gather content right before the takeover was done with the assumption that it could have been the last chance we ever had to push up content, hence Bungie pushing community maps into permanent matchmaking instead of burning time with the separate Community lists.

Bungie set the table, 343 owns all of their decisions made after July 2011.

I might not like some of their decisions, but certain people have busted their ass to keep MM updated. If it wasn't for a certain 343 employee working through a time he and his testers could have taken off, there was month this year where you wouldn't have gotten a matchmaking update. At all. I only wish MS would actually gave the MM Systems Team the manpower and bandwidth to actually give Reach the support run it deserves.

As it is, it felt like it's wings were clipped before it could hit that awesome post-launch era that Halo 3 had in 2009 and Halo 2 had in 2006.

neoism

monsterfracas: BPR=85 K/D=1.57 WP=62%
kittens (shanti 666): BPR=91 K/D=1.67 WP=61%
ryaaan14: BPR=34 K/D=.65 WP=56%
thezerofire: BPR=90 K/D=1.55 WP=67%
heckfu: BPR=59 K/D=1.09 WP=65%
Wahrer Machine: BPR=45 K/D=.96 WP%=49%
CyReN (CyReN CE) (?): BPR=68 K/D=1.21 WP=60%
Franklinator (Franklinaut): BPR=66 K/D=1.25 WP=58%
Karl2177 (?): BPR=80 K/D=1.47 WP=61%
Ramirez (TJ Ram): BPR=100 K/D=1.79 WP=84%
StalkerUKCG: BPR=69 K/D=1.22 WP=65%
NubInaTub: BPR=88 K/D=1.62 WP=61%
Hypertrooper (?): BPR=76 KD=1.25 WP=70%
daedalius: BPR=81 K/D=1.36 WP=69%
Ravensmash: BPR=36 K/D=.74 WP=48%
HiredN00bs (?): BPR=96 K/D=1.56 WP=73%
JonCha (itsjoncharles)
ElzarTheBam (?): BPR=80 K/D=1.34 WP=70%
Plywood (Xenolock) (?): BPR=100 K/D=2.14 WP=84%
Overdoz1z (?): BPR=100 K/D=2.05 WP=71%
Tha Robbertster (Robbert014)
Fyrewulff: BPR=61 K/D=1.08 WP=68%
Hydranockz: BPR=94 K/D=1.44 WP=81%
Risen (Risen GBG)
EvB (EvilBoris DX)
Louis Wu (?)
dangerbyrnes: BPR=73 K/D=1.35 WL=60%
-Yeti (RebornYeti): BPR = 74 K/D = 1.29 WP = 67.6%
Trey (MGTrey): BPR=85 K/D=1.5 WP=60
Zoso Achilles
daedalius: BPR=82 K/D=1.37 WP=69%
Blue Ninja
Shadders (FlawlessC0wboy)
Slightly Live
789shadow (GUFU789shadow)
Falagard
Zalinkrow
Cabbie: BPR=82 KD=1.48 WL=56%
Demoncarnotaur
Sikamikanico
zap (nzapster)
ne0ism BPR=75 K/D=1.5 WP=54%

Ken

I just hope H4 has good playlist descriptions. Right now I have no idea what the differences are between Super Slaysr and Team Slayer, and why Squad Slayer is gone and if it was replaced by something similar.

I just hope H4 has good playlist descriptions. Right now I have no idea what the differences are between Super Slaysr and Team Slayer, and why Squad Slayer is gone and if it was replaced by something similar.

I don't think H4's playlists will be as messy as Reachs'. I imagine all the new stuff will be prefixed by the word infinity. Therefore infinity BTB, Infinity team slayer etc.

And the other stuff would come under the classic prefix.

And that should really be it tbh.

Aaaaannnnnd the third and most definitely final game of the day

Capturesds.jpg

Capturegmgij.jpg

Over the course of three games match making gave me not a single player who went positve

I'll repeat: not a single one of my teammates went positive over three different games

And people wonder why this mountain of excrement performs comparatively poorly in XBL charts.

It's impossible for me to play the game alone now. MM has hounded me off of the game. The game doesn't want me to play it. That's cool.

Three games, a total of -269 from my teammates. I'm out of here.

TheOddOne

Playlist management aside, I just hope that the DLC maps actually show up in matchmaking.

It's a crime that Noble and Defiant maps never show up during Reach matchmaking. From the scarce times they did show up, I had a great times on maps like Anchor 9 and Condemned. I just want to spend more time playing those then the forge maps we get.

Overdoziz

Banned

Capturesds.jpg

Capturegmgij.jpg

Over the course of three games match making gave me not a single player who went positve

I'll repeat: not a single one of my teammates went positive over three different games

And people wonder why this mountain of excrement performs comparatively poorly in XBL charts.

It's impossible for me to play the game alone now. MM has hounded me off of the game. The game doesn't want me to play it. That's cool.

Stop playing BTB brah

Louis Wu

Wow. You really have some of the worst luck in teammates I've ever seen. It's like 343's trolling you. :)

Karl2177

Capturesds.jpg

Capturegmgij.jpg

Someone replace neogaf gif with TrueSkill.

Stop playing BTB brah

Yup. Thing is though, what else is there to play?

MLG: teams of four donging on randoms

Squad DLC: Yay no forge maps. Noooo, it's 100% bloom!

Super Slayer: ...

Objective: teams of five and quitting

Snipes: played it to death, bored of it.

The rest: garbage.

(Got to go to work so can't play now brah)

Louis Wu said:
Wow. You really have some of the worst luck in teammates I've ever seen. It's like 343's trolling you. :)

I've long suspected it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom