• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
There are several ideas:
-Completely random teams
-I assign each entrant a skill score and place them into an according group. Then pick teams with members of varying skill, balancing them.

-We do a draft

Any suggestions are more than welcome. If people don't stack teams, then who's on which team doesn't matter to me.
These two sound like the best possible options, though I know that MLG skews some of the entrants' K/D.

Fracas

#fuckonami
These two sound like the best possible options, though I know that MLG skews some of the entrants' K/D.

Oh, don't worry. I know who here plays MLG, and that will factor into their skill rating. For example, CyReN. He plays a bunch of MLG, and since the player base there is so good, his skill level (his K/D and BPR are pretty good even for standard playlists) would be in the higher ranges of HaloGAF.

edit: :lol I pretty much just said "You're going to have to trust me"

What have I become?

Fracas!

Get me in on this Ta-ooooohnament.

Bregmann Roche BPR 73 KDR 1.52 WP 45(???!!!!???!!!)%

I think this should be called "The HaloGAF Memorial Squad Slayer Tournament" and it should use Squad Slayer maps with TU settings and teams of 5.

You are gone Squad Slayer, but you are not forgotten!

My vote is for you to figure out who the 10 (or more if there are more than 10 teams) best players are based on stats and make those people team captains then have them draft the rest of us fantasy baseball style.

Edit:
Almost forgot, good games Shantipetmysnake, DemonDirtyPunch, and Greencastle (I ran out of weird names to mix with yours).

Fracas

#fuckonami
Fracas!

I think this should be called "The HaloGAF Memorial Squad Slayer Tournament" and it should use Squad Slayer maps with TU settings and teams of 5.

My vote is for you to figure out who the 10 (or more if there are more than 10 teams) best players are based on stats and make those people team captains then have them draft the rest of us fantasy baseball style.

Will add!
I'd be all for 5v5, but scheduling becomes a major problem then.

TheOddOne

Halo 4 will rediscover the "awe and wonder" of Halo: Combat Evolved
Halo 4 is a return to the pioneering days of Halo: Combat Evolved, says 343's Frank O'Connor, with no guarantees as to what you'll discover once you step off the plane.

"I think the number one thing, and there was unanimous agreement in the studio, was that sense of exploration and awe and wonder that you had when you first tumbled out of the Bumblebee onto the surface of Halo in the first game," O'Connor told VentureBeat.

"And it was deliberate, of course...you'd been playing this pretty awesome sci-fi shooter in a very claustrophobic starship, which is a pretty normal thing to do in a video game," he went on. "And then you find yourself in this incredible alien place, and you look up in the sky, and you see the other side of the Halo, and you think, 'I want to go there.' That's what we wanted to bring back."

Halo 4 is set on, or rather within Requiem - a hollow artificial planet which houses Forerunner artefacts and devices. Expect a certain amount of trouble from the latter as you trot around with your jaw flapping.

The multiplayer is also true to the spirit of the classic, despite its new-fangled innovations. "A moment I remember very vividly... It was just this one game of Slayer we were playing months ago, and it all clicked. Even my new control scheme. And I felt this is totally Halo. But the stuff that's new is perfectly attached, and it also feels like Halo.

"And we were planning it and building it, but it's not real yet, right? But the second it's real, and the second all the pieces are together, and you play a mission with real fiction in it, you're like, I get it. I get why this did this. This was the right call."

Why are we posting BPRs when we don't even know how it works?

Also, I'm not really up for a tourney, I don't play very much anymore so I wouldn't be very competitive.

BPR, K/D, W/L are the worst stats you could use to judge people, just use halo 3 and reach arena ranks. Would be more accurate in terms of how a player does when he plays properly rather than just the general lifespan of the game, most players don't even try in general matchmaking and others just play as a full team.

I curious to see how halo 4 handles the ranking system, I'm at the stage where I wouldn't have much time to go for max rank so I'm kind of neutral but I have to say that I will be impressed of they make a watertight system.

Fracas!

Edit:
Almost forgot, good games Shantipetmysnake, DemonDirtyPunch, and Greencastle (I ran out of weird names to mix with yours).

Mr Greenc
l
ockroast?
GG to you, too, Roché

Fracas

#fuckonami
BPR, K/D, W/L are the worst stats you could use to judge people, just use halo 3 and reach arena ranks. Would be more accurate in terms of how a player does when he plays properly rather than just the general lifespan of the game, most players don't even try in general matchmaking and others just play as a full team.

The problem is, there's probably a decent amount of people who haven't played an extensive amount of either Halo 3 or Arena. Besides, I'm not looking for exact player skill, more of a general skill range. I'm also looking at what playlists each player frequents as well.

The problem is, there's probably a decent amount of people who haven't played an extensive amount of either Halo 3 or Arena. Besides, I'm not looking for exact player skill, more of a general skill range. I'm also looking at what playlists each player frequents as well.

Ah yeah fair enough btw Imsure you can transfer that list into excel if you format it in the right way. I think you have to use commas to separate the columns or something which might be kinda tedious in itself though

Loginius

So I heard there was a GAFtournament coming up?

Id love to take part in it.

BPR 100; KD:1.8; WP 60%

I dont post very much, but I am a constant lurker.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
dude

seriously
Squad Slayer REMOVED.

Good Enough™

:)
(/--)/~┻┻ , (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻, (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻, (┛ò__ó)┛彡┻━┻, (ノ °益°)ノ 彡 ┻━┻

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`□´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

┻━┻ ︵ \(Ò_Ó \)

(┛❍ᴥ❍)┛彡┻━┻

Just saw Prometheus, don't really understand what some of you guys didn't like about it
Beware! Prometheus spoilers!
I just saw it tonight. While I dont think it was an outright horrible movie, it certainly didn't carry the draw of the first or second Alien/s.
Characters were uninteresting and I felt no attachment to any of them. Add to that that nothing they did made any sense. The way they behaved and the decisions they made were not believable. Also, where were the aliens, meaning I wanted to see more aliens, and not just the one at the end? What was the deal with the android testing out the drop of goo on Charlie if all he really wanted to do was kill his maker? And how did he know the couple would have sex and she would become pregnant with an alien baby??? Pfft. While I would say the movie was, at the very least, interesting, it didn't carry the thrill, horror, or suspense that the original movies evoked. Could have been much much MUCH better imo. Also, I thought making the plot revolve around the question to the origins of life was dumb, or could have been done differently. It took the focus off the primary hero, or what makes the movies so dang fun and scary - the aliens. This is probably the biggest flaw in the movie for me. I'd like a little more aliens with my aliens please

I just saw it tonight. While I dont think it was an outright horrible movie, it certainly didn't carry the draw of the first or second Alien/s.
Characters were uninteresting and I felt no attachment to any of them. Add to that that nothing they did made any sense. The way they behaved and the decisions they made were not believable. Also, where were the aliens, meaning I wanted to see more aliens, and not just the one at the end? What was the deal with the android testing out the drop of goo on Charlie if all he really wanted to do was kill his maker? And how did he know the couple would have sex and she would become pregnant with an alien baby??? Pfft. While I would say the movie was, at the very least, interesting, it didn't carry the thrill, horror, or suspense that the original movies evoked. Could have been much much MUCH better imo. Also, I thought making the plot revolve around the question to the origins of life was dumb, or could have been done differently. It took the focus off the primary hero, or what makes the movies so dang fun and scary - the aliens. This is probably the biggest flaw in the movie for me. I'd like a little more aliens with my aliens please
It was always said that it was not an Alien movie. It's kinda your fault for not listening in that case. Also, David didn't know what would happen when he dosed that doctor guy, he just wanted to find out. And he could probably guess that they were having sex, and so would be able to see if that initial dosing led to anything with that too. It was still kind of all about discovery, and that no one really knew where life really came from, or how it spread, and stuff like that

blamite

RxszF.png

It was always said that it was not an Alien movie. It's kinda your fault for not listening in that case. Also, David didn't know what would happen when he dosed that doctor guy, he just wanted to find out. And he could probably guess that they were having sex, and so would be able to see if that initial dosing led to anything with that too. It was still kind of all about discovery, and that no one really knew where life really came from, or how it spread, and stuff like that
Prometheus Spoilers above and below!
I can get how it was more about discovery, but to me the movie wasn't very cohesive. It really needed a single character to tie everything together (a la Ripley) and i don't think Prometheus really accomplished that. I recall Ridley saying Prometheus wasn't an actual prequel. But at some point I went dark because i didn't want to know too much about the movie before watching. I don't think I can be blamed for not wanting to have the movie ruined. But let's be honest, the reason people were going to see this movie is because of the alien and the space jockey. But the writers turned the space jockey into mankind's creator, which i didn't really like. I was hoping to learn how the corporation knew about the species from the original movie, Alien. Ash had his primary objective to capture a specimen. So the company knew of its existence. But since it was announced that Prometheus wasn't going to be a true prequel, we probably won't ever get that part of the story. The origin of life plot kind of pushed the company's original interest in the alien species, which we assumed was to use them as weapons, out of the way. Not the end of the world or anything, but these are reasons why I didn't enjoy the movie as much as others.

I have been tasked to sign up for the HaloGaf tournament by Sikamikanico, i don't post much but have the abilities to pay the utilities.

Anyway, if we can be on the same team that would be peachy.

Do i need to put anything else, kiss someones bum?

Also Prometheus left me asking why to a lot of things, i find a good movie shouldn't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom