• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

daedalius

It was a very cinematic experience.

rlXg8.png

*whistles*

Dat' Reach beta! Sure did a lot!

Random = fun

Fun = subjective

Throwing myself repeatedly at inferno in Diablo 3 = sometimes fun, mostly enraging. Some people in here think diablo is awful.

Louis Wu

Fun is such a broad term, and also very different for each person. You can't ever be 100% sure that people will think it's fun.
Oh, c'mon. This is a silly argument. There's NOTHING ON THE PLANET that's fun for everyone; he's not trying to say that Halo 4 will be fun for everyone. If you're going to call him on the use of a subjective term like 'fun', he might as well just stop talking altogether.

(Halo 4 is fun.)

Oh, c'mon. This is a silly argument. There's NOTHING ON THE PLANET that's fun for everyone; he's not trying to say that Halo 4 will be fun for everyone. If you're going to call him on the use of a subjective term like 'fun', he might as well just stop talking altogether.

(Halo 4 is fun.)

I read it as if he wrote it like a fact. Loadouts in Halo are fun. I think it's an opinion. It would be the same if I would say:''football is fun. I know it's fun.'' That is an opinion too. I think I worded my post a bit wrong in my previous post. The main point I was trying to get across was that I didn't like it how it was stated as a fact that loadouts in Halo 4 are fun.

Two Year Cycle

I don't think there's been any indication that they're going on a two year cycle. We know Halo 4 has been in the works for at least 3 years, I don't see why they would just cut into that valuable time. I think the thing I've read is they want to get out side stuff sometimes during off years or something like that. I really doubt we'll start seeing mainline Halo games on a two year cycle.

TheOddOne

I don't think there's been any indication that they're going on a two year cycle. We know Halo 4 has been in the works for at least 3 years, I don't see why they would just cut into that valuable time. I think the thing I've read is they want to get out side stuff sometimes during off years or something like that. I really doubt we'll start seeing mainline Halo games on a two year cycle.
I think it will, because pretty much every Microsoft franchise is on a two year cycle.

FyreWulff

Not only are all the indicators pointing to it, MS has outright said they want to go faster than the 3 year cycle.

http://www.1up.com/news/microsoft-increase-rate-halo-releases

"I will say I think one Halo game every three years -- which was kind of our old cadence ? is probably not frequent enough," Spencer explained.

Someone make this for me please :(

Since Windows LIVE is being a bitch to me it'd be nice if someone posted this for me, haters gonna hate and all...

We already know Elites are not in which means no Invasion as we know it in H4, assumming H4 uses the Megalo engine have you guys considered releasing a gametype (both at launch or after launch) which relied on some of the aspects which made invasion great?

That's spawning on your bro, unlocking new weapons, vehicles, abilities...expanding maps, objectives and slayer carnage

Edit:

I really really dislike Fallon. He always looks so unconfortable and awkward. His laughing sounds so forced.

But yeah, Leno is even worse :lol

Heckfu hates/ignores Gui confirmed. :-(

He has improved since SNL
Tina Fey loves the guy (and I love the majority of her comedy, so there must be something there.

We should totally try and guess the tagline for Halo 5...
  • We're just getting started
  • This is not your grave
  • Finish the fight
  • Wake up John
  • I think this bitch might be crazy. (G/A/F?)
  • Profit!

Edit: I forgot Reach
(cwutididthar?)

Not only are all the indicators pointing to it, MS has outright said they want to go faster than the 3 year cycle.

He doesn't specifically say mainline titles though, which is why I think we'll see more ODST style releases. Smaller games they can make in less time between the big releases. I just don't see how a 2 year cycle for the mainline series can do anything to improve the quality of the game.

Been super busy lately, so if you've submitted a gamertag to the HaloGAF.com list I am NOT ignoring it. Should have time to update it later this evening.

FyreWulff

He doesn't specifically say mainline titles though, which is why I think we'll see more ODST style releases. Smaller games they can make in less time between the big releases. I just don't see how a 2 year cycle for the mainline series can do anything to improve the quality of the game.

He's saying this in 2010, so he's clearly not counting Halo Wars and ODST as part of the cycle he's talking about. We're talking about a publisher that locks away content behind preorders, and holds onto selling DLC for full price @ 10$ years after it comes out, instead of helping the playerbase by slashing prices and throwing a bone with free content. A publisher that told Bungie they'd have been fine with just new levels and maps made in the Halo 3 engine.

Someone make this for me please :(

Since Windows LIVE is being a bitch to me it'd be nice if someone posted this for me, haters gonna hate and all...

After about 5 tries I got it in for ya

Homeboyd

Am I the only one who thinks Fallon is completely not funny? I really didn't like him at all on SNL, so I've never watched his late night program.
Nope. I can't stand the guy.

Reading that other Fallon thread just proved that I completely disagree with nearly everything GAF as a whole represents and likes. He has got to be the least funny person in the business. I'm debating whether or not it's worth it to see Halo 4 at the cost of having to watch him bumble and fumble through his horribly lame jokes. His writers are every bit as bad as he is.

/rant

Hey You

I would be fine with this.

Halo 4 2012
ODST 2/Wars 2/Other side game 2014
Halo 5 2016

Give 343 all the time they need and have a beta.

Edit: If we can expect a new mainline Halo game every 2 years, either 343 is going to be worked to death (like Bungie) or another studio will be developing Halo too under 343s oversight.

Yeah I knew this already.

He told me he won't support Portugal in the Euro because I'm a dirty useless plebian and I disgust him.

=(
Maybe it's the ginger beard? ;-)

Nope. I can't stand the guy.

Reading that other Fallon thread just proved that I completely disagree with nearly everything GAF as a whole represents and likes. He has got to be the least funny person in the business. I'm debating whether or not it's worth it to see Halo 4 at the cost of having to watch him bumble and fumble through his horribly lame jokes. His writers are every bit as bad as he is.

/rant
My man (in your face, heckfu!). At least there will more than likely be youtube clips.

Halo 4 - 2012.
Halo 2: Anniversary - Campaign completely redone, Multiplayer is based on Halo 4's MP. The MP-title screen is a giant trollface. - 2014
Halo 5 - 2015~2016.

That article is awful, it mentiod that metro is battlefield 3s most played map despite it getting hate on the forums. The only reason its the most played map is because it's the easiest map to boost xp lol. As for the halo discussion in that article :(

I was also thinking, is metro the most played map on consoles or computer. Because metro is one of the few maps on console were it doesn't take 5 minutes to find a guy to kill. I think that adds to it too.

He's saying this in 2010, so he's clearly not counting Halo Wars and ODST as part of the cycle he's talking about. We're talking about a publisher that locks away content behind preorders, and holds onto selling DLC for full price @ 10$ years after it comes out, instead of helping the playerbase by slashing prices and throwing a bone with free content. A publisher that told Bungie they'd have been fine with just new levels and maps made in the Halo 3 engine.

After about 5 tries I got it in for ya

Yeah the biggest worry I have for the future of Halo is Microsoft. :(

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
That article is awful, it mentiod that metro is battlefield 3s most played map despite it getting hate on the forums. The only reason its the most played map is because it's the easiest map to boost xp lol. As for the halo discussion in that article :(

There isn't any Halo discussion in that article - the article is about the disparity of fan opinions. Unless you eman the FIVE THINGS link.

J10

Banned
Seems to me like Spartan Ops is their answer to the yearly Halo thing. Ship one game and then keep releasing episodic campaign content for it. And it's probably more cost efficient than a yearly disc release.

Shadders

There is Halo discussion in the interview that the OXM article is skimmed from though:

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/901631-halo-4-preview-and-interview-master-of-the-chief

GC: In terms of storyline the campaign trailer seems to imply that Cortana is going rampant [in the Halo universe the point at which an AI breaks from its programming and disobeys its creators]. And I think you've already stated Halo 4 is the first part in a new trilogy, but will Cortana and the other characters have a genuine closure to their story arc by the end of that?

FO: We've sort of shifted our rhetoric a little bit and part of that is because of the way that Spartan Ops works, and so we're calling it a saga. Because all of the story pieces that we do from now on are going to be connected and actually matter. So a trilogy kind of limits it in a really weird way, because some of the bigger ticket story beat items that are gonna happen are actually gonna happen in Spartan Ops, before the next mainline sequel comes out.

FyreWulff

I would be fine with this.

Halo 4 2012
ODST 2/Wars 2/Other side game 2014
Halo 5 2016

Give 343 all the time they need and have a beta.

Edit: If we can expect a new mainline Halo game every 2 years, either 343 is going to be worked to death (like Bungie) or another studio will be developing Halo too under 343s oversight.

I think it'd be important to remember at this time that 343 = Microsoft. Any other studio they'd create or buy to work on Halo inhouse would be .. Microsoft.

If you're applying for a job at 343, you can expect to be working on Halo for your entire run there. They aren't going to have to deal with aspirations of independence anymore. The studio's name is inseparable from Halo itself.

heckfu

Banned
Seems to me like Spartan Ops is their answer to the yearly Halo thing. Ship one game and then keep releasing episodic campaign content for it. And it's probably more cost efficient than a yearly disc release.

Unfortunately, I think Frank said that it would last about as long as a TV season (the support for SPOPS, that is).

Unfortunately, I think Frank said that it would last about as long as a TV season (the support for SPOPS, that is).

i think he meant for the free season. they'll continue to make more seasons for an indefinite amount of time you'll just have to pay after season 1

There isn't any Halo discussion in that article - the article is about the disparity of fan opinions. Unless you eman the FIVE THINGS link.

I didnt read that Link I was more talkin about aspects of that article that discuss the design philosophy for halo 4 in terms of player feedback, I don't disagree with the reasons you guys wouldn't put too much stock in Internet opinions but I still have a :(

I want to say more but screw typing it all out on a Mobile

Remember when Stinkels said (quite a while ago, in a bulletin), that there will be sufficient weapons to play Grifball in Halo 4... Well There probably won't be a Grav. Hammer. I'm thinking Promethean Hammer. Awwww yeahhh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom