• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LD2k

Neo Member
Should I go rebuy halo 3?
Played a match this AM, actually.

Netcode is difficult to go back to after playing Reach, but once you get back in the swing of things, it's fun.

That being said, low population for BTB matches was sad to see. Can't believe it's been about 5 years since it was released. Remember it like it was yesterday.

a zoojoo

Banned
Man, i really want to play BF3 online, but my friend gave it to me without the online pass, fucking EA and their bullshit online pass program

I felt proud of myself when I got that. Although I don't think it was quite as hard as others have said.

Other than a couple things that require you to use other characters, I did it all with Meat Boy :)

Got a bunch of top 50 times too, which, considering the top 20 or so of every leaderboard in that game is a glitched/cheated time, makes me quite happy. Working on individual level times now and it's still lots of fun, especially experimenting with all the characters now.

Akai__

I'm absolutely sick of reach. I want something else to play. :(

I know that feel. Played today alone. First rounds were very enjoyable, but then shit got real. You can't play Reach alone. It's only enjoyable with a full party. It's one of the readons why I only play BF3 or Halo 3, before Halo 4 comes out. Halo 4 will be what Reach should have been.

I've been playing the shit out of Borderlands. Nothing left to do in Skyrim, don't feel like buying the DLC. Refuse to touch MW3 again. Ugh. On top of all that I am pretty much broke.

Halo 3 is a fantastic game, but I wouldnt go into it if your a new player, it would be VERY hard to get into now. If you have played it a bunch before you will still be able to get games and stuff fine now, unless you try and search as a large party at a obscure rank in a obscure playlist. So I guess go buy it if you think you can get into the swing of Br'ing people, ignore it if its totally new to you.

After seeing some of these tourney results, I'm not so sure I balanced these teams well. :(

pretty close. I think results were skewed though, no one had a full team

I think its more down to the stats used, stuff like BPR and even K/D, W/L is pretty inaccurate, that said it would have been impossible to categorise the people on here into balanced teams.

I need to know the rationale behind ever voting for a gametype with bloom over ZB.

I just...don't get it. Reach is a million times better without that stupid mechanic.

IHaveIce

Banned
god why are there such bad maps in arena ..

And last game was just finished before it started .. got just a 1000 rating because nothing happened.. nice reach nice

Fracas

#fuckonami
I've been playing the shit out of Borderlands. Nothing left to do in Skyrim, don't feel like buying the DLC. Refuse to touch MW3 again. Ugh. On top of all that I am pretty much broke.

Haha, I've been playing MW3 with a friend for the lulz. It's so bad.

Ken

Time to beat up some trainers and steal their money.

heckfu

Banned
While I understand why they do it, I like the way Ubisoft handled it with GR:FS far better. They give you a level cap at 5. You can still play and upgrade your starting weapon more or less fully, but you can't do anything beyond that.

I wasn't familiar with that, but that's not bad. It would kill me though if I put YEARS into anything and people were buying it from a second hand dealer and I got zero royalties and they got the full benefit of whatever product I made.

At least you talked addressed the text issue Franke, thank you.
It's still bs that ye don't make the "subliminal" message optional.

Anyway, leaving for Tokyo in 8 hours :-D

I wasn't familiar with that, but that's not bad. It would kill me though if I put YEARS into anything and people were buying it from a second hand dealer and I got zero royalties and they got the full benefit of whatever product I made.

Yeah, that's why I think Ubi nailed it there. it screws over used buyers/sellers but allows renters to get a good experience.

Akai__

From a publishers point of view, its smart, but from a consumers point of view its bullshit, its bullshit because i want to play the game

/tantrum

You need a code? I don't want to make promises, but maybe I can do something for you. I will PM you tommorow.

heckfu

Banned
From a publishers point of view, its smart, but from a consumers point of view its bullshit, its bullshit because i want to play the game

/tantrum

Well I made my point above, but since you took the time to respond to me I'll do the same for you. It may not be 'fair' for consumers but you're not really being a consumer if you buy a used game from a retailer where they receive all the profit from the point of sale, you're being more of a thief.

I don't know why I have such a moral high-horse on this issue, and truth be told not many others, but art is a rare thing in life. Few things can get me both pensive and emotionally charged but music and video games both do and I appreciate that. And it's not that they put out a shit product, the games I buy and music I purchase both have had blood, sweat, and tears poured over them and for me to slight that passion in any way is unacceptable for me.

Now I'm not condemning you for doing the same, I understand that the marketplace functions in a way that that is legal and by all means, go for it! But complaining about an online pass shouldn't be the issue here.

Substitute product with software and it's a more compelling argument. Physical items actually age. While the media containing it may age eventually, the actual data contained does not. It's still the same data. This problem is more specific to software than many physical things.

The solution above *is* a good idea. It seems similar to the "certified used car" concept. You pay a little more for a small guarantee on quality instead of getting gimped software/lemon cars.

a zoojoo

Banned
Well I made my point above, but since you took the time to respond to me I'll do the same for you. It may not be 'fair' for consumers but you're not really being a consumer if you buy a used game from a retailer where they receive all the profit from the point of sale, you're being more of a thief.

I don't know why I have such a moral high-horse on this issue, and truth be told not many others, but art is a rare thing in life. Few things can get me both pensive and emotionally charged but music and video games both do and I appreciate that. And it's not that they put out a shit product, the games I buy and music I purchase both have had blood, sweat, and tears poured over them and for me to slight that passion in any way is unacceptable for me.

Now I'm not condemning you for doing the same, I understand that the marketplace functions in a way that that is legal and by all means, go for it! But complaining about an online pass shouldn't be the issue here.

i didn't really buy it, i traded it to my friend for actually another EA game

You need a code? I don't want to make promises, but maybe I can do something for you. I will PM you tommorow.

Thanks for the consideration dude, juniors got juniors back, i know alot of people are irked by the new jrs, but i'm starting to see the community start to realign with itself

TheOddOne

Hey, Stalker.
khal.jpg
Hey, Plywood.

Akai__

i didn't really buy it, i traded it to my friend for actually another EA game

Thanks for the consideration dude, juniors got juniors back, i know alot of people are irked by the new jrs, but i'm starting to see the community start to realign with itself

No problem. Like I said, I will PM you tommorow about the status. And yeah, I think it's only a matter of time, when this community accepts the new juniors. I can understand why they are sceptical and I have no problem with it, but some have. I remember two or three names which posted maybe 20 times and bailed out. :(

lol J10
We're in for the long haul

Honestly, I don't mind him. He was not here for the community, but for information. Makes no sense for me.

a zoojoo

Banned
No problem. Like I said, I will PM you tommorow about the status. And yeah, I think it's only a matter of time, when this community accepts the new juniors. I can understand why they are sceptical and I have no problem with it, but some have. I remember two or three names which posted maybe 20 times and bailed out. :(

lol J10
We're in for the long haul

I dont think I can agree with you, the guys who made Battlefield 3 are hardly starved artists doing it for the love of the game, they are making they're money, video games are ridiculously expensive and with companies like Game having a monopoly on the market its unlikely most games ever drop in price after a reasonable time. Battlefield 3 has pretty hefty pre-order dlc which should be 'punishment' enough for purchasing late, an online pass which cuts off an aspect of the content on the disk is just straight up money grabbing in my opinion.

That said I havent brought a game used in years, in a way its a argument I have no stake in, I am really against pre-order bonuses though, to the point that with some, awesome games, I will refuse to buy it and instead rent it. After all if a game doesnt seem worth 40-50 quid day one, but buying it late means I miss cool stuff, I just wont buy it.

Domino here again.

Holy fuck, we're driving through a military checkpoint on our way and ended up like ten feet from a Reach Falcon-ensue chopper.

Spawnling

So there must be a new wave of Juniors? I was unaware of this.

I dont think I can agree with you, the guys who made Battlefield 3 are hardly starved artists doing it for the love of the game, they are making they're money, video games are ridiculously expensive and with companies like Game having a monopoly on the market its unlikely most games ever drop in price after a reasonable time. Battlefield 3 has pretty hefty pre-order dlc which should be 'punishment' enough for purchasing late, an online pass which cuts off an aspect of the content on the disk is just straight up money grabbing in my opinion.

The same GAME which had to close down their entire Irish franchise because of a drop in sales with the advent of online retailers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom