• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocamola

Banned
Well, now I can't update Cragmire or Downlinked (for which an exploit finally cropped up that I need to fix).

NOKYARD still has like 40,000% more maps in matchmaking than I've gotten in, you're going to have to take him down next.

The only way to "update" Cragmire would be to remove it.

JonCha

Right. Team JonCha versus Team kylej is in a sticky situation.

We're doing 3v3, kyle's team can only do today. I'm available, dangerbrynes and Recarpo are out. Jazzy isn't showing, but assuming he does we need someone to step in.

So, in other words, we need one more guy and maybe two. But we'll assume one. I'm guessing if this doesn't happen today we'll be disqualified.

Edit: itsjoncharles is where I'm at.

Edit 2: got one, one more needed.

heckfu

Banned
Hey Kyle, I know you're a big proponent of Eneloops, right?

Do they sell those at Best Buy? I'm sitting on 80 dollars of reward zone cards and am looking to party tonight.

Gui_PT

We're doing 3v3, kyle's team can only do today. I'm available, dangerbrynes and Recarpo are out. Jazzy isn't showing, but assuming he does we need someone to step in.

So, in other words, we need one more guy and maybe two. But we'll assume one. I'm guessing if this doesn't happen today we'll be disqualified.

I could join but I don't want to carry =\

I kid, I'm bad

Edit: Anyone want to get on for a few?

cocamola

Banned

I have nothing better to do, if you want me. I'm online now.

kylej

Banned

Edit: itsjoncharles is where I'm at.

It doesn't have to be RIGHT now, I can play any time today up until like, midnight EST. I just would prefer not pushing it until tomorrow because Booties leaves for vacation and we have everyone on now.

Hey Kyle, I know you're a big proponent of Eneloops, right?

Do they sell those at Best Buy? I'm sitting on 80 dollars of reward zone cards and am looking to party tonight.

I don't think so, I buy them from Amazon. Eneloops are GOAT though. The Ogre 2 of batteries.

You know what'd be great for after game stats is a list of firefights like in SC2.

It would say 0:12 X Y X
0:13 X Y X

so on where X are killer killed and Y is weapon nade melee. This way you could not only easily find a kill in theater but online see exactly who used what.

The game maps are similar but diffy.

Tawpgun

I would suggest a future tournament model itself after the Bungie Pentathlon. Divide everyone into four main groups:
1. Grizzled Ancients
2. Old Skool
3. Middle School
4. Newbies

Organize times of games and each group will workout who's available to play at what time. Of course the structure of the tournament would be different as it wouldn't be one team, and we would have to figure out the time ranges for each group, but I think dividing everyone this way would make it more fun.

This would be cool. Make it 4 v 4 unless we can actually get more people from each category.

Grizzled Ancients = Pre Halo 3 GAF
Old Skool = Halo 3 GAF
Middle School = Reach GAF
Newbies = Juniors.

Or we can make Newbies whoever came into the Halo OT's. Middle School cut off would be Reach OT 7.

We can probably get some people on around 9 or 10 CST if that isn't too late. Tawpgun, biggy, you guys down again to play?

Tawpgun gave me a GREAT intro course to the game but I'm still a BK at it so I'll take any help I can get!
YUUUUSSSS

I'll be back around 10ish EST.

Make sure you do the solo tutorial missions. They give a good basic run down of all the abilities, game modes, and classes.

Then I'll supplement that with anything else I've learned from playing. I wonder where Booshka is. He was really good at shadowrun.

Nando13

So Nando wasn't joking at all, GAME Spain is giving away the Raptor skin and a freaking Halo 4 coffee cup with your pre-order.

We da best!

Much better than a headset...

086095.jpg

a zoojoo

Banned
Wasn't it cancelled? I'm not really in the target market :p
I don't believe it was cancelled, because i know somewhat recently they had a Doctor Who competition on Blue Peter
GG's team Warwood. Very fun games. Shame I choked so hard at the second half of both matches.

I'll admit, when ZoosJoos quit out, Krow and I weren't sure what to do. After rewatching the match, he wasn't gone for long but man I couldn't refocus (totally my fault of curse, an awesome game regardless).

That First Strike against Cyren going for rockets was a thing of beauty if I do say so myself.
Yes GG's Team Plywood WolfBackPack to the semifinals?
Wait, why did he quit out?

I didn't quit out, I had a helluva storm in my area which i lost power in my house for a bit. Sorry to everybody :/

This would be cool. Make it 4 v 4 unless we can actually get more people from each category.

Grizzled Ancients = Pre Halo 3 GAF
Old Skool = Halo 3 GAF
Middle School = Reach GAF
Newbies = Juniors.

Or we can make Newbies whoever came into the Halo OT's. Middle School cut off would be Reach OT 7.

I like that itd put me as Old School HaloGAF.

If you guys play til 12ish I can make Mondays thru Thursday on SR. I get home round 11:50.

Nutduster

Neo Member
Add me. You've played LOADS of Multi Team though, which is a bit worrying.

Eh, I don't know - if you're playing with randoms for a while, multi-team is one of the only tolerable choices in my book. I stick to super slayer and team objective (mostly) when I play with friends, but multi-team (mostly) when I play by myself. It's not as stressful and you're far less likely to end up getting slaughtered due to TrueSkill's retardation/non-functionality.

When judging player skill, lots of multi-team is at least better than lots of infection or lots of grifball. I mean, ew.

JonCha

Eh, I don't know - if you're playing with randoms for a while, multi-team is one of the only tolerable choices in my book. I stick to super slayer and team objective (mostly) when I play with friends, but multi-team (mostly) when I play by myself. It's not as stressful and you're far less likely to end up getting slaughtered due to TrueSkill's retardation/non-functionality.

When judging player skill, lots of multi-team is at least better than lots of infection or lots of grifball. I mean, ew.

Yeah; sent a friend request anyway. Can't be picky at this point!

JonCha

Still need one more. Don't mean to spam the thread, but got the impression YourExWife wanted to join but I think he was taking about coca mola.

itsjoncharles is my Gamertag.

.shin

Banned
I'm lost about today. We're getting new info on Halo 4 today, right? And then tomorrow we'll have a Bulletin that covers it?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Still need one more. Don't mean to spam the thread, but got the impression YourExWife wanted to join but I think he was taking about coca mola.

Who is missing, and how many do you need?

Also, Jazzy just got on

I have played a few with coca mola and was poking fun.

I would consider myself quite decent. And the multi-team is only for when we don't have a decent amount of people on. Basically we use multi-team to just screw around and forget the objective. But if you check my performance in other lists, you'll be pleasantly surprised as well I believe.

In any case, I can accept the fr on my phone, but I'm at work atm. I get off at 5PM MST, with about 15-20 min until I can be home. I'll gladly play as I was too whooped IRL last night to do anything.

kylej

Banned
ok we're playing 4's now. we need one surrogate player then... anyone around who's not in the tournament who wants to play?

Don't forget, at the very least, multi-team is TU as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom