• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think I can agree with you, the guys who made Battlefield 3 are hardly starved artists doing it for the love of the game, they are making they're money, video games are ridiculously expensive and with companies like Game having a monopoly on the market its unlikely most games ever drop in price after a reasonable time. Battlefield 3 has pretty hefty pre-order dlc which should be 'punishment' enough for purchasing late, an online pass which cuts off an aspect of the content on the disk is just straight up money grabbing in my opinion.

Spartan Ops is the way you do a online pass system. By offering the consumer free and added content on the basis that they purchase it new. Not by locking the content out, IMO.

Spartan Ops is the way you do a online pass system. By offering the consumer free and added content on the basis that they purchase it new. Not by locking the content out, IMO.

I edited my post way too late for anyone to see it:

That said I havent brought a game used in years, in a way its a argument I have no stake in, I am really against pre-order bonuses though, to the point that with some, awesome games, I will refuse to buy it and instead rent it. After all if a game doesnt seem worth 40-50 quid day one, but buying it late means I miss cool stuff, I just wont buy it.

I would still say Spartan Ops is the same thing, at the end of the day the result is the same, people are missing out on a part of the game which was put together before the game came out, that seems pretty silly to me. With Spartan Ops though I could understand if anything made after the game came out required a new game pass.

By the way Elzar, I dedicate this to you:

The same GAME which had to close down their entire Irish franchise because of a drop in sales with the advent of online retailers?

I dont know about what happens in crazy land, but Game is still running here :p and it still very much has the marketplace in terms of the highstreet. I mean when the retailers can dictate the prices of games, its them the developers should be moaning about, not the consumers. If someone doesnt know enough to move to shopping online, they certainly arent going to know enough not to fall into the trap of seeing the second hand game, which is the exact same game, and going for the cheaper option.

That said, personally I care more about pre-order dlc and retailer exclusive dlc, thats the real kick in the teeth for consumers, I dont really care about second hand passes because I avoid buying games second hand anyway.

Akai__

So there must be a new wave of Juniors? I was unaware of this.

Sorry, but I don't get it...
Mainly, because my english is not that good to understand everything perfect.
What do you mean? Do you think it's bad that a community is growing?

a zoojoo

Banned
still think this is the greatest gif of all time:
ibbLdVI55qb9O6.gif

this is J10 and his entire career on gaf

Tawpgun

Some people here get too worked up over juniors.
Heckfu put it nicely.

The juniors here will either fizzle out or pick up the flow of the thread. Biggest problem with them right now is they're trying too hard to fit in and it shows. I still propose a customs night with the juniors.

Dark Knight Rises spoilers came out in the DKR OT, dudes are salttttttttttty
Going to see it! Not happy Chris Nolan didn't add Nightwing, Robin, Bat Girl.

Good he's not doing anymore Batman movies after not listening to fans/communities criticism to better the films and seeing the films feedback.

I'd like to see Batman: Beyond sometime in the near future :)

Akai__

Heckfu put it nicely.

The juniors here will either fizzle out or pick up the flow of the thread. Biggest problem with them right now is they're trying too hard to fit in and it shows. I still propose a customs night with the juniors.

Trying too hard? I just want to integrate myself in the discussions. It's not about trying hard, it's about talking with you crazy Halo nerds. I like to share my passion about Halo with others, what's wrong with that?

Nutduster

Neo Member

I'm down. Over is my friend (sigh) so if he's involved, he can just drag me in.

anyone know anyone that works at a microsoft store? one's opening 20 minutes from me, but theres only openings for people with lots of experience, and I would assume they're looking for other people besides those who have 3-5 years of experience..

IHaveIce

Banned
Heckfu put it nicely.

Yeah, you put it very nicely. I'm happy I played already some games with different people of Gaf. Was yesterday in a custom games lobby and got booted by evil barlow
awesome barlow
. I'm open for any Lobbies and games with you guys.

Oh shit, never going to open one of these threads again.

neoism

yep that is so sad.... people are just fuck stupid... damn so glad I missed it. just got lucky... Neva going back to that thread..lol I should just say off the net for a while.

neoism

Going to see it! Not happy Chris Nolan didn't add Nightwing, Robin, Bat Girl.

Good he's not doing anymore Batman movies after not listening to fans/communities criticism to better the films and seeing the films feedback.

I'd like to see Batman: Beyond sometime in the near future :)

WHAT THE FUCK

I meant to post this forever ago, but all you junior folk should add me on live. I play most nights with some other gaffers, and we'd welcome others who want to join (assuming you're not a big jerk like monsterfracas). My gamertag is Franklinaut.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I meant to post this forever ago, but all you junior folk should add me on live. I play most nights with some other gaffers, and we'd welcome others who want to join (assuming you're not a big jerk like monsterfracas). My gamertag is Franklinaut.

Me too. Add me, juniors!

Oh damn, kyle's team lost? Oh snap. But why is coca mola there?

IHaveIce

Banned

will add you tommorrow nice charmander is nice.

Wow gratulations Cocamola !

edit: Can't believe it, went to facebook, first thing I see is a Batman Spoiler... I'm on the edge to insanity right here.

What are your timezones Fracas and Franklin?

JonCha

I in semis.

And you didn't carry second game Coca. We all went double figures.

Anyway, good games. Pretty close at points.

heckfu

Banned
Yeah, you put it very nicely. I'm happy I played already some games with different people of Gaf. Was yesterday in a custom games lobby and got booted by evil barlow
awesome barlow
. I'm open for any Lobbies and games with you guys.

Oh shit, never going to open one of these threads again.

I really didn't want my name dragged back into the junior talk, I'm honestly over it now.

And De, we've played before. Hell, I'll even open up a spot on my friends list for you tonight if you wanna play!

I'm such a gentle person, just get a bad wrap.

JonCha

the match we played before was full of people filling in too.

Yeah. Recarpo could only be on for an hour, way before the game started, and dangerbrynes has no internet for a week while Jazzy was in bed all afternoon. Scrambled for players, as you can see on the previous pages(s).

Fracas

#fuckonami
Cocamola isn't the replacement for jazzy's team for the rest of the tourney. Just making that clear.

Also, we really, really shouldn't be counting on replacements for every match, especially players with skill levels like cocamola's. It's pretty lame that kyle's team lost to a team with replacements, even when they showed up with most of their teammates. Ruins the integrity of the entire tourney.

And my timezone's central time, for anyone that wants to play.

JonCha

Cocamola isn't the replacement for jazzy's team for the rest of the tourney. Just making that clear.

Also, we really, really shouldn't be counting on replacements for every match, especially players with skill levels like cocamola's. It's pretty lame that kyle's team lost to a team with replacements, even when they showed up with most of their teammates. Ruins the integrity of the entire tourney.

I don't really see what else I could have done considering I basically had a couple of hours to scramble a team together. I didn't actively pick coco.

Aggrotek

Also, we really, really shouldn't be counting on replacements for every match, especially players with skill levels like cocamola's. It's pretty lame that kyle's team lost to a team with replacements, even they showed up with most of their teammates. Ruins the integrity of the entire tourney.

I think at this point the tourney has kind of fallen apart. :( I don't even know what rounds are being played or what. Not that it's your, or anyone elses, fault. Just think it kinda imploded.

IHaveIce

Banned
I really didn't want my name dragged back into the junior talk, I'm honestly over it now.

And De, we've played before. Hell, I'll even open up a spot on my friends list for you tonight if you wanna play!

I'm such a gentle person, just get a bad wrap.

heckfu is lovelyfu right now!

I remember playing together. Now I have to go to sleep, work tommorrow, but would gladly accept any friend requests or invite you.

Heckfu put it nicely.

Am I one of these Tryhard Juniors? Or..
I'm certain that I don't try to fit in. Nor do I try to befriend off the bat. Glad that HaloGAF isn't filled with rude and ignorant people ex. Waypoint or B.net and other communities that damage the Halo community's image as a whole. When there are so few Gems that prove relevance in a discussion.

Aggrotek

Am I one of these Tryhard Juniors? Or..
I'm certain that I don't try to fit in. Nor do I try to befriend off the bat. Glad that HaloGAF isn't filled with rude and ignorant people ex. Waypoint or B.net and other communities that damage the Halo community's image as a whole. When there are so few Gems that prove relevance in a discussion.

Adapt.

edit: Shit new page... think of something.... uh... Reach AAs are broken!

Karl2177

IMO, the integrity of it was fairly low to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom