• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daedalius

you're kidding, right?

Nah, he is just dense I think.

I was going to reply to his original bitching, but decided it wasn't worth it.

Would rather talk about toys than argue with people that haven't even played the game, and a build that isn't even final.

Gui_PT

You'll be using active roster nearly every time you play. I don't see how complaining about them taking a step backwards in the UI of this feature is crazy.

I know why you're complaining and I understand. But it's kinda repetitive and old, and I doubt they're going to change anything.

Louis Wu

Will the site URL ever gonna changed to halo.343i.org :p ?
I know you're joking - but no. (Plenty of precedent; myth.bungie.org didn't change after Mumbo Jumbo built Myth III, oni.bungie.org didn't change when Rockstar took over the franchise. It's just how we handle things.)

FyreWulff

I know you're joking - but no. (Plenty of precedent; myth.bungie.org didn't change after Mumbo Jumbo built Myth III, oni.bungie.org didn't change when Rockstar took over the franchise. It's just how we handle things.)

I wish Rockstar had actually kept it going. When I played Oni for the first time for the Bungiedayathon, I was like "man, I missed a pretty good game all these years".

Well, except for the level design, but the gameplay itself? Amazing. (Too much dead spots in the levels, and I'm aware of the history of why)

I just played some Nexuiz. Now that game is fast.
played it too, it was fast but wasn't very fun. Almost no feedback in any way it seemed

Mind blown if true.
there was a video a while back of a person throwing a grenade from around healthpack to outside on Countdown as someone ran by. He threw the grenade this way ^, it bounced this way >, right behind the person who just ran by. Not sure if I can find it again.

But yeah, explains why the grenade you saw fly by your head explodes right behind you

Camo should disable the sprint function altogether, along with dropping your base speed to that of a flag carrier. The price of wanting to be sneaky.

a zoojoo

Banned
Lol, just because we want to see something different doesn't mean we're on Team Downer OR that we're 'revolting.' If you need a step ladder to get off your high horse let me know - I'll get something worked out.

It was pure sarcasm , i'm not hot on the UI either, but i'm willing to give a chance if it works well like alot of people are saying

Kibbles

Couldn't really give a shit about the menu's UI so long as they're adequately functional. What people should really be up in arms about is the fact that active camo at the press of a button is back. It's the ability that is the hardest to make sense as an AA and it has been conspicuously absent from the public eye... Waiting for miracles in its Halo 4 incarnation.

This is really back? :(

There are no views, there is slow and there is fast. Halo 4 is not slow.

lol okay.

Mind blown if true.
I'm convinced that it's in the game.
Camo should disable the sprint function altogether, along with dropping your base speed to that of a flag carrier. The price of wanting to be sneaky.

Encouraging a camo user to play even slower? Sounds awful. I don't think there is a way to fix Camo as an AA.

heckfu

Banned
I hear Bonnie Ross reads Gaf!

She's awesome, good boost for us. Now if she'd only get an account it'd be cool to have her here.

daedalius

there was a video a while back of a person throwing a grenade from around healthpack to outside on Countdown as someone ran by. He threw the grenade this way ^, it bounced this way >, right behind the person who just ran by. Not sure if I can find it again.

But yeah, explains why the grenade you saw fly by your head explodes right behind you

:|

not cool

Also, Nexuiz is really fast, but that is just a totally different game than Halo. Also, I'd rather just play Quake-Live if I want gameplay like that.

BigShow36

There are no views, there is slow and there is fast. Halo 4 is not slow.

Halo 4 is most definitely "medium" in the grand scheme of things. As it relates to Halo games, its pretty slow. Sure, it may be slightly faster than Halo Reach, but that doesn't mean its super fast.

One of the biggest problems with Halo games in recent years is how slow everything has gotten. Teamshot is really the only way to be effective because of how slow you move and how slow you kill everyone.

Sure, if all you've been playing for the past 2 years is Reach, Halo 4 will initially feel fast. However, that feeling is mostly due to the "newness;" after a week or so you won't even notice the speed difference.

I just wish we moved a little faster and had much faster max kill times (but they were very difficult to get consistently).

Gui_PT

Hi Bonnie.

I am single. I like to exercise to stay fit. I like videogames, movies(especially sci fi) and books.

Love long walks on the beach and a nice slice of pizza.

heckfu

Banned
Halo 4 is most definitely "medium" in the grand scheme of things. As it relates to Halo games, its pretty slow. Sure, it may be slightly faster than Halo Reach, but that doesn't mean its super fast.

One of the biggest problems with Halo games in recent years is how slow everything has gotten. Teamshot is really the only way to be effective because of how slow you move and how slow you kill everyone.

Sure, if all you've been playing for the past 2 years is Reach, Halo 4 will initially feel fast. However, that feeling is mostly due to the "newness;" after a week or so you won't even notice the speed difference.

I just wish we moved a little faster and had much faster max kill times (but they were very difficult to get consistently).

Wow, that's really detailed. I'm jealous of how much you've gotten to play it!

Hi Bonnie.

I am single. I like to exercise to stay fit. I like videogames, movies(especially sci fi) and books.

Love long walks on the beach and a nice slice of pizza.
You're the reason she just cancelled her account application.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
"it's called playing the game for 20 minutes before everyone else"

Nah, it's called loving Halo 2 and 3's gameplay and appreciating its return.

Computron

I just played some Nexuiz. Now that game is fast.

Bought it for 200 points.....good game but my god is the framerate bad.

You guys wanna play it together?

GT: Vlad356

Add me, I've been playing it non-stop (except for the HaloGAF-Tourney) since I got it on sale.

They have supposedly fixed the frame rate too, and they got vsync turned on to get rid of tearing. Most maps have no problems no unless your bombing the shit out of them with the Super Hagar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom