• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are funny.

Infinity Slayer will be placed at the top of the playlists.
Infinity Slayer will usher in the new era of Halo for the casuals.

Ordnance Drop BK Bonanza

The casuals are not my concern.

Even if the population is in the hundreds, I won't care. I'll be able to play it and that's what matters.

Well, we can still play TS.

Probably just gametypes in the same playlists. Separate playlists for Infinity gametypes and "regular" ones would be a depressing form of fragmentation. Personal ordnance is the only difference.

I wouldn't put away Infinity Slayer that quickly. It must test pretty well and be pretty fun if it's still in versus traditional slayer. I think it'll probably be worth a shot

The "regular" gametypes have random weapon drops, so I'm all for Infinity ones at this point. Earning your own rewards is going to be more enjoyable than random weapon drops as far as I'm concerned. ADAPTION.

I would be surprised actually. We're hearing that Forge has been improved, MM has been improved, Spec Op's is an evolution of Firefight etc. For them to dump Reach's (in one case retrograde) Theatre into Halo 4, unchanged, would be curious.

I also don't think party viewing is an uber-fringe feature. Only losers go to the cinema alone; you're supposed to go with a group of friends
;)

It's the reason it wasn't in Reach. Bungie said it took a whole hell of a lot of resources and time to make party viewing work, and the amount of people that used it was extremely small.

I don't see Theater as the same thing in terms of improvements for game modes, because unlike competitive multi, co-op multi, and Forge, it's not something you "play". As long as I can view my games and makes clips, I'm happy with Theater.

What's with the infinity slayer hate?

This is HaloGAF. You have much to learn.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm very yes looking forward to levels like Quarantine Zone and Metropolis at Halo 4's graphical level.
Maaaan I can't wait to play some Halo 2 tonight. I have a meeting and some other shit to get done, so I can't play now. :-(

Also: Infinity Slayer sounds great to me. I dunno if I'll like it as much as traditional Slayer, but I think it sounds really compelling.

I'm not going to bed after H4 comes out until I unlock the BR...'

I'm calling it:

No Sleep.. till BR(ooklyn)

Awwwwwyeahhhh.jpg

(Frank, will playing this long without sleep kill me? yes/no?)

Tawpgun

What's with the infinity slayer hate?

Breaks more fundamental Halo core principles than even Reach did.

You can improve the Halo franchise and evolve it, but not by ruining the games core principles.

There is more to Halo than non-ads and shields. But it's being wiped out in favor of game mechanics that I wouldn't want in any shooter.

Breaks more fundamental Halo core principles than even Reach did.

You can improve the Halo franchise and evolve it, but not by ruining the games core principles.

There is more to Halo than non-ads and shields. But it's being wiped out in favor of game mechanics that I wouldn't want in any shooter.

Feels like Halo.

Honestly though, let's not beat around the bush, some of what we consider the "core principles of Halo" are gone in Halo 4. That's just a fact. Adapt or don't get the game.

Infinity Slayer seems like an FFA mess around gametype to me, definitely not something to take 'seriously'.

Thats my feelings on it, I don't think I would be able to play infinity slayer competitive due to the random elements. (random drop, quick spawns ect) As a casual gametype yes all day every day looks like it could be alot of fun.

Haha, that's awesome.

:).

But seriously, hopefully we can have a precision weapon unlocked for our loadouts within the first 12 or so hours of playtime.

I know they said that we'll have a preset loadout to choose from so we're not stuck on a larger map like longbow with an AR, but I hope they have a precision weapon somewhat early in the progression.

Thats my feelings on it, I don't think I would be able to play infinity slayer competitive due to the random elements. (random drop, quick spawns ect) As a casual gametype yes all day every day looks like it could be alot of fun.

The non-infinity gametypes have power weapons that are randomized among a selection and drop randomly of a series of locations.

Infinity gametypes are not traditional "Halo", but the way I see it they have less random elements than non-infinity gametypes.

Aggrotek

:).

But seriously, hopefully we can have a precision weapon unlocked for our loadouts within the first 12 or so hours of playtime.

I know they said that we'll have a preset loadout to choose from so we're not stuck on a larger map like longbow with an AR, but I hope they have a precision weapon somewhat early in the progression.

I want the Carbine. <3

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Let's get HiredN00bs to find a way to boost XP before the game launches.

i just realized I haven't enjoyed Halo since squad slayer was taken away
Yeah, it took me a long time to enjoy Reach after 343 made that cut. Still makes no sense.

Tawpgun

Feels like Halo.

Honestly though, let's not beat around the bush, some of what we consider the "core principles of Halo" are gone in Halo 4. That's just a fact. Adapt or don't get the game.
I just want to know their intentions with Infinity Slayer. If it's going to dominate playlists or be more like an invasion kinda thing. Ideally, i want regular weapon drops and such to be default Halo 4. I want Infinity slayer to be a playlist i play when i feel like playing something new. Then a playlist where I want pure, classic Halo gameplay.

I will take my anger out on Doctor Banjo!

Also Halo 3 beta carbine.

That thing was a monster.

If it's good, nerf it.

Bungie balance of Halo 3 and Reach. Sad.

Is it going to be a power weapon? New beam rifle?

Starting weapon is my guess, but we don't know. Considering that the E3 builds showed that there are 15 starting primary weapons in the game, starting weapon seems likely.

I just want to know their intentions with Infinity Slayer. If it's going to dominate playlists or be more like an invasion kinda thing. Ideally, i want regular weapon drops and such to be default Halo 4. I want Infinity slayer to be a playlist i play when i feel like playing something new. Then a playlist where I want pure, classic Halo gameplay.

I'm sure it will be pretty dominate in the game. Regular weapon drops aren't "regular" in Halo 4, they're random.

Also, the "classic" playlist will be interesting, and it will be impossible to please people with it. What will be defined as "classic"?

How exactly does it act? I think I heard something about it being different out of scope and in scope.

Right, I believe it shoots like a burst-fire out of scope then a single shot in scope? That's only IIRC.

If so that's pretty neat and that's what some people wanted out of the BR, makes me wonder how the damage per shot will work though.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Light_rifle

According to that I was correct in my recollection.

EDIT: Beaten, but i'll leave that there anyways.

I will take my anger out on Doctor Banjo!

Also Halo 3 beta carbine.

That thing was a monster.

I miss that so very much.

In scope it is like and sniper rifle.

How is it like that at all?

Its 3shot burst unscoped, Single shot scoped. Its has no where near the power of a sniper when scoped. If it did it would be the most powerful weapon in the game.

Its likely going to behave like an improved BR/DMR hybrid so its going to be a non spawn weapon.

4 shot kill when scoped 5 shot unscoped is my guess. Scoped shots will be slightly slower than the uncoped but its still going to have a slightly faster kill time than a BR. all guess work but its how id balance it.

Is it going to be a power weapon? New beam rifle?

they haven't said. i don't think its a power weapon because there is a picture of what looks like a forerunner sniper, and its not the lightrifle. it'd be redundant to have two forerunner snipers. also in the e3 demo it didn't look too powerful. so for now i'm assuming its similar to the BR/DMR/Carbine, and you can spawn with it.

Nando13

How is it like that at all?

Its 3shot burst unscoped, Single shot scoped. Its has no where near the power of a sniper when scoped. If it did it would be the most powerful weapon in the game.

Its likely going to behave like an improved BR/DMR hybrid so its going to be a non spawn weapon.

Maybe. But it looked like much more powerfull than DMR when scoped.

they haven't said. i don't think its a power weapon because there is a picture of what looks like a forerunner sniper, and its not the lightrifle. it'd be redundant to have two forerunner snipers. also in the e3 demo it didn't look too powerful. so for now i'm assuming its similar to the BR/DMR/Carbine, and you can spawn with it.

This is the assumption I'm going to stick with as well, especially because it has an ammo count of 15.

Hopefully we'll find out... Soon™

Kibbles

Why are people acting like H2A is only in pre-production. I'm sure it's being outsourced just like HCEA.

Tawpgun

I'm sure it will be pretty dominate in the game. Regular weapon drops aren't "regular" in Halo 4, they're random.

Also, the "classic" playlist will be interesting, and it will be impossible to please people with it. What will be defined as "classic"?

I totally fucking forgot about that.

SNIPES COMING UP. I GOT THI

Oh it's rockets... Okay...

Ugh.

Damnit. Programmed randomness. Great.

As far as classic playlist goes, old weapon spawns, no AAs. I dont think Reach can be classified as classic.

Why are people acting like H2A is only in pre-production. I'm sure it's being outsourced just like HCEA.

Because even if it it outsourced which id assume is a strong possibility Sabre did great work. Then its still going to be pretty far out. The anniversary is 2014 thats 2 years away. If they bring it as a 720/durango/nextbox launch title (best scenario) then its going to be a year and a half away which seems about right for pre-production since all sabre would really be doing is creating new assets and reworking the secondary graphics engine to be compatible with the Halo 2 Engine.

Maybe. But it looked like much more powerfull than DMR when scoped.

MAJOR EDIT: wait a minute. i just watched the E3 demo. not once do i see the lightrifle burst firing. when he was unzoomed and zoomed every shot only took away one bullet. maybe it's because it is an older build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom