• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally fucking forgot about that.

SNIPES COMING UP. I GOT THI

Oh it's rockets... Okay...

Ugh.

Damnit. Programmed randomness. Great.

As far as classic playlist goes, old weapon spawns, no AAs. I dont think Reach can be classified as classic.

Yeah, that's why I'm not really opposed to Infinity. It's not "Halo", but I think it will honestly be a more enjoyable system for public MM than random weapon spawns will be. That is just going to be a frustrating system.

So Sprint for classic? Can I choose my primary weapon? Secondary? Packages (perks) gone too I assume? The amount of variables in the game is going to be insane, I don't have much hope that the classic hopper will be the classic that I want. Doesn't matter too much, and going full adaption for Halo 4.

I really like it, but no one play it.

People don't have all the DLC maps. As for the playlist itself, it's vanilla and it's 6v6 on mostly maps that were not designed for 6v6.

DoctorBanjo

Neo Member
I will take my anger out on Doctor Banjo!

ron_fisticuffs.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Squad DLC would be one of my top playlists if it were TU.

Alas.

Havok

I get pissed off when people do not have the DLC and then bitch about it costing money.
With the quality of those maps, who can blame them?

Outside of Anniversary, I don't know that I'd pay for them if I had to do it all over again.
I wouldn't buy them again. They rarely come up in matchmaking so it's kind of a waste of money to own them. And the only playlist that you are guaranteed to play DLC maps is on Vanilla settings.
Even if they were implemented well, I just don't think they're very good. Highlands matches are a snorefest, Condemned is a wasteland outside of three rooms, and Tempest is just kind of mediocre. Anchor 9 and Breakpoint are okay, but nothing special.

The days of Team Preview and Team Mythic, to a lesser extent, being some of the best playlists in the game are long gone.

With the quality of those maps, who can blame them?

Outside of Anniversary, I don't know that I'd pay for them if I had to do it all over again.

I wouldn't buy them again. They rarely come up in matchmaking so it's kind of a waste of money to own them. And the only playlist that you are guaranteed to play DLC maps is on Vanilla settings.

Tawpgun

Yeah, that's why I'm not really opposed to Infinity. It's not "Halo", but I think it will honestly be a more enjoyable system for public MM than random weapon spawns will be. That is just going to be a frustrating system.

So Sprint for classic? Can I choose my primary weapon? Secondary? Packages (perks) gone too I assume? The amount of variables in the game is going to be insane, I don't have much hope that the classic hopper will be the classic that I want. Doesn't matter too much, and going full adaption for Halo 4.

People don't have all the DLC maps. As for the playlist itself, it's vanilla and it's 6v6 on mostly maps that were not designed for 6v6.

Horseshit. If there is a classic hopper that emulates Reach over halo 1, 2, and 3... 343 is in straight up troll mode.

If this game truly becomes a random mess im going to host classic nights. Without the extra shit, the core of the game looks really good.

MLG might salvage. But they go way too try hard on me. I almost always try to win/call out, but im not going to be playing with a steady team and setting up.

And to Frankie and Ellis, I really don't mean to be so pessimistic, especially without having played it, but with the little information we have, no beta planned, etc... Im getting worried because the stuff that's been releases troubles me... Hopefully we're all just overreacting...

Overdoziz

Banned
Tempest - Camp dem rocks
Anchor 9 - The Pit's special cousin
Highlands - Camp bases all day
Breakpoint - Power weapons for errbody
Condemned - Running in circles: the game

Definitely removing those map packs soon.

blamite

The light rifle isn't actually burst fire unscoped though, is it? More like a single shot that spreads three projectiles, and scoping in just eliminates the spread. There are still 15 shots in either mode. That's the impression I got from the brief time we saw it, at least.

I really wonder how it'll fit into the multiplayer sandbox. If it's not ordnance, it seems like it could be the most redundant weapon yet next to the DMR (assuming they have similar kill times).

The light rifle isn't actually burst fire unscoped though, is it? More like a single shot that spreads three projectiles, and scoping in just eliminates the spread. There are still 15 shots in either mode.

I really wonder how it'll fit into the multiplayer sandbox. If it's not ordnance, it seems like it could be the most redundant weapon yet next to the DMR (assuming they have similar kill times).

Its incredibly fast burst fire i think

kylej

Banned
Work in progress.

New digs, new setup. It's very awkward, but it's the best I can do with the furniture I have. The 360 is facing sideways.

Are you in college in July? That's the exact same desk thing everyone had in on-campus housing when I was in school. Giving me PTSD flashbacks.

kylej

Banned
343 will the snipe have a vapor trail in Halo 4 it wasn't at e3 please let me know this is VERY important!!!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Work in progress.

New digs, new setup. It's very awkward, but it's the best I can do with the furniture I have. The 360 is facing sideways.

Gaming on a monitor?! You're so pro. Where are the Astros?

blamite

I don't even have a desk at home. :( Ironically being at school is the most convenient time for me to play games, console or PC.

Are you in college in July? That's the exact same desk thing everyone had in on-campus housing when I was in school. Giving me PTSD flashbacks.
I've been living on campus for the summer, yeah. I took a summer class for the last half of May and the first half of June. I have a job on campus, too, so I had to stay for stuff like freshman orientation. I'll be here for most of July too because I'm AD for a friend's fifteen-minute film and whatever job-related stuff I have during the month. One of which is getting paid to work on professor's film set this Sunday (very excited). It's a type of music festival scene, so I'll be operating the sound system for it.

Edit:
http://i.imgur.com/TDnMa.gif[/IG][/QUOTE]
Gui, I really don't mean to be a dick about this – I hope I don't come off as one – but posting stuff here from the gaming side and complaining about it is the type of stuff that leads to the community here becoming very insular, which Opiate was talking (warning) about.

Good games today everyone! I think one of the highlights was me suggesting we take 7 people, go all pink, no shoulders/jun chest/female and then hit up Rumble Pit to see if we could get a good pillow fight going. The result:

x9zPs.png

but wait! What's that off in the distance?

sZ60i.png

...let me help you.

nob5h.png

using patented technology, your distant vision is increased tenfold!

OpGv0.png

it's just like one of his japanese animes! Presumably he's doing certain my-body-is-ready preparation exercises underneath that musky electrical smoke.

QDAfk.png

Nope, just getting ready to beat us to death.

DQFnU.png

We take the hill...

4DTjv.png

while our lime-colored companion realizes he's made a huge mistake. Struck with grief, he quits, presumably heading to Off-Topic to post GAF: I encountered a whole team of girls on the internet today. What do I say? |OT|

n4TQJ.png

With nobody left but eachother, HaloGAF lets out its inner bitchiness, killing 77% of our team in a flurry of rage and explosions.

5DMaA.png

Not everyone made it in one piece.

3GH8V.png

Some even got extra pieces. Uhhh...

After some totally rad shenanigans, we decided to hit up Anniversary BTB while the getting was good.

y8HnB.png

HaloGAF loves helping out useful teammates. After capturing a flag, it's common courtesy to take a few pounds of blamite to the face.

ZVHwH.png

Breakneck's boxes are just tall enough to hide fully-armored Spartans.

baiVj.png

pictured: two blues in their natural base before getting pooped on like a black Sedan.

h06ph.png

Will going the way of the Ostrich save me from HaloGAF?

kTUOQ.png

Not when Elzar's after your bk mug!

nKnnK.png

I TOLD YOU ABOUT THE STAIRS, BRO

waVQk.png

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Pictured but obscured: a plasmectomy™

u07QY.png

bip

y6bln.png

bap(trayal booted)

pqacH.png

0JKjA.gif

BAM! Betrayaltrocity!

Everyone started quitting out after that, probably too much GAF to handle. Overall, awesome people, awesome matches, happy we all got the chance to play a few.

BONUS:
C6qyL.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Good games today everyone! I think one of the highlights was me suggesting we take 7 people, go all pink, no shoulders/jun chest/female and then hit up Rumble Pit to see if we could get a good pillow fight going. The result:

x9zPs.png
I WANT TO DO THIS.

Work in progress.

An idea: Put your xbox behind your laptop (vertically) parallel with the back wall of the desk. I do that on my desk, and I'm quite happy with it that way.

An idea: Put your xbox behind your laptop (vertically) parallel with the back wall of the desk. I do that on my desk, and I'm quite happy with it that way.

I did consider putting the Xbox vertically, but the reason I backed off is because I feel the disc tray in the 360 is cheap. I've never been comfortable with vertical 360s because I've never felt the disc tray was secure. That may be some stupid unfounded fear I have. I dunno.

If you say it works, though, I'll reconsider. Hm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom