• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halo Reach looks so good in those pictures.

Anyways, decided to take a little nap.
My subconscious spoiled me into dreaming that Halo 4 comes out in 2 measly days.
Woke up, got suped disappointed.
Went back to sleep.
Same fucking thing.
#firstworldproblems

Halo Reach looks so good in those pictures.

Anyways, decided to take a little nap.
My subconscious spoiled me into dreaming that Halo 4 comes out in 2 measly days.
Woke up, got suped disappointed.
Went back to sleep.
Same fucking thing.

Bad news, those are 1920x1080 pics shrunk down to about a third that size, sharpened, and with +25% saturation added. The originals looked terrible. Hopefully Halo 4's more like Halo 3 and bakes in the AA with the screenshots.

Damn, this thread moves way too fast. I'm scared for November.

It'll come to a screeching halt as everyone enjoys the shit out of the best Halo yet.
Even Kyle.

Frankie and David will be here all alone with tears of joy.
IOF7w.jpg

#onecanhope
#sorryforhashtagstwopostsinarow
#wonthappenagain

I did consider putting the Xbox vertically, but the reason I backed off is because I feel the disc tray in the 360 is cheap. I've never been comfortable with vertical 360s because I've never felt the disc tray was secure. That may be some stupid unfounded fear I have. I dunno.

If you say it works, though, I'll reconsider. Hm.

I've had zero issues with it vertically. Perhaps just try it out and see if you like it, it would certainly help space-wise with the limited space you have with that desk.

senador

Banned
I'd take a Halo 2 Anniversary sans multiplayer. 2 is now the only OG Xbox Halo and when I go to replay them it'll feel out of place and odd. I'd take 2A in a heartbeat.

I feel like I'm going to be HaloGAF's Letters of H4. Play the game for a week then sit here and bitch about it til the next Halo comes out.

FyreWulff

Posting from the lobby of the Sheraton hotel in downtown Seattle.

It's like the outside is what the inside of my house in Nebraska was A/C'd too. Comfy.

I still don't get why everyone's so negative about Halo 4's MP, yeah some of the new stuff sounds iffy, but the core gameplay looks so good. That was the biggest problem with Reach and that's been fixed. The other stuff won't be as bad with that fixed.

Gui_PT

I still don't get why everyone's so negative about Halo 4's MP, yeah some of the new stuff sounds iffy, but the core gameplay looks so good. That was the biggest problem with Reach and that's been fixed. The other stuff won't be as bad with that fixed.

Good enough, right?

I like temple, it impressed me, and visually I could tell where I was.

Confirmed Halo 2 Anniversary (OXM). I cant find a link in english .

Link in Portuguese: http://modernxgames.blogspot.com.es/2012/07/halo-2-anniversary-pode-estar-no-inicio.html

Well, not necessarily confirmed as its just in the rumor section, but I would be really surprised if we didn't get some sort of Halo 2 anniversary in 2014.

With Demon's multi-quote posts, it's like a summary of the best/interesting bits of the last ten pages or so.

So by default this has now become a highlight of the past few pages?

I.....don't want Halo 2 maps in Halo 4.

Reach proved that old maps don't work with new mechanics.

Blasphemy!

But nah, I know what you mean.. still I would kill to play some remade maps from Halo 2, it was the best MP in the series IMO.

Halo 2 needs a facelift more than CE did. I've always thought it was by far the ugliest Halo game. Muddy textures throughout, and drab environments.

You crazzzyy.

But I suppose you are right about the textures.. still, IMO that game holds up really well artistically.

Good games today everyone! I think one of the highlights was me suggesting we take 7 people, go all pink, no shoulders/jun chest/female and then hit up Rumble Pit to see if we could get a good pillow fight going. The result:

*Too many awesome pictures for some to handle.*

That... Looks awesome.

No way is Halo 5 going to be on a 2 year cycle. I think H2 in '15 and 5 in '15 would be a great compromise.

I'm pretty sure it will be. An MGS guy said when talking about MS taking over Halo that they felt 3 years was too long for each game, and they already did that with Halo 4 coming out two years after Reach. H5 in 2014 and H6 in 2016. Ship it.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Halo 2 would be an interesting way to launch the Xbox 8. I hope they don't do the whole shoehorning MP thing again though. Not even sure how that'd work across systems.

I would enjoying playing the campaign again though (I think I've let it stew long enough). I should reinstall it on PC and get all the achievements at some point.

Bombadil

Banned
Yesterday I played Reach MP for a few minutes at a friend's house after a year of not playing it, and I felt nothing. No connection. The map contained a dull gray structure with no artistic direction. Just stupid Forge World shit. Gameplay was alright but there was no excitement, neither from me nor the people playing online.

Where's the magic? Where has it gone? I hate hearing from the developers about how they're always trying to recapture the magic of Halo CE. That's great and all, but you guys made better games in the way of Halo 2 and Halo 3 MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom