• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Whats this?

All my money is pretty much tied up in empty 40oz'ers. Investment 101.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roth_IRA

401K: your contributions are tax deductible. When you withdraw from it, you pay taxes at your applicable tax rates at time of withdrawal on the growth on your contributions.

Roth: Contributions are not tax deductible. However, you can also withdraw your principle if you need it (without penalty, unlike a 401K), and the growth is tax-free. That is huge if you start early.

My wife and I have had a Roth since my first year in college.

TheOddOne

en-US_Xbox360_Halo_4_320GB_Console_Bundle_S4K-00058.jpg

en-US_Xbox360_Halo_4_320GB_Console_Bundle_S4K-00058_RM1.jpg

That looks awesome!

m23

Frankie on Xplay...........nice.
Stewart Hendler is he director. This all looks like footage from the BTS............oh wait!

A few seconds of footage shown, full trailer at panel!!

Footage was of some marines training, one getting shot.

We were actually discussing this while playing the other night. We were focused on the lack of jetpack footage in MP so far. We basically all agreed that when jetpacking you should be unable to shoot. Sure you can get places fast, but have fun being picked off when you fly into someones line of sight.

I agree but more important than that even: disable the ability to throw grenades whilst jetpacking. Jetpack nading is the scrubiest way to die. Need a shower afterwards.

edit: Pick ups for this year

Final Fantasy 13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB8TfkdVUTw

Edit: ^^^^

I personally think it'll look more awesome in person.

However I could be wrong

Edit 2: Fuckkk, I want the limited edition game though :(, and am not willing to shell out $500.

Ramirez

Such a rip off that the headset isn't wireless. That wired headset that came with the Reach console broke within a month and was the biggest piece of garbage soundwise I had ever experienced.

That thing is 500 bucks? Lol

BigShow36

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roth_IRA

401K: your contributions are tax deductible. When you withdraw from it, you pay taxes at your applicable tax rates at time of withdrawl, including on the growth on your contributions.

Roth: Contributions are not tax deductible, and you pay taxes at your applicable tax rate at the time of withdrawal. However, you can also withdraw your principle if you need it (without penalty, unlike a 401K), and the growth is tax-free. That is huge if you start early.

My wife and I have had a Roth since my first year in college.

Qualified withdrawals from a ROTH IRA are tax free.

Looks like someone downed a couple of tubes of poster paint then puked them onto a controller. The vinyl H4 console sleeve everyone was canning the other day is much better than this one.

heckfu

Banned
Ooooh I like the console but I like the controllers even better.

Probably wont spend 500 so close to the next gen console coming out, though.

Akai__

I see no point in buying a new Xbox this late. Sure it's something for people which are collecting all the Halo stuff, but let's be honest. Who need an other console, when you already have one? Also, don't forget that we might get a next gen Xbox next year. I think it will be announced on the Microsoft Showcase in May next year and it will be revealed on E3 2013. One can only hope.

blamite

Custom downloadable content: Receive a code to download Halo 4 content from Xbox LIVE, including unique armor skin, unique weapon skin, unique emblem, matching avatar armor, and unique avatar prop.

blech

Console looks awesome though.

I wish they would have went with a less busy look, something more akin to Forerunner design.. Just make it look like it belongs in Haven and it would be great. Its looks too much like a colorful lunchbox.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I don't know why anyone would get a new console this close to next gen. Especially if they have a working console. More power to you though, I guess.

Thanks but I get all my investment advice from KyleJ, I thought the second line where I mentioned my money was tied up in 40z was a hint I was joking. I'm getting rusty.

How bout the one where my money is direct deposited into my GF's bank? Possibly should have gone with that one.

u4iX

When did wires become obsolete? I'd love to get a Halo 4 controller, but I play 2 feet away from my 21" ASUS monitor. I want a wire attached to my controller.

BigShow36

Thanks but I get all my investment advice from KyleJ, I thought the second line where I mentioned my money was tied up in 40z was a hint I was joking. I'm getting rusty.

How bout the one where my money is direct deposited into my GF's bank? Possibly should have gone with that one.

What does KyleJ do?

I detected sarcasm, but at the same time not understanding ROTH's isn't uncommon, so I couldn't tell.

GhaleonEB

The system is too busy and abstract. It would be great with a Forerunner design or stylish Chief art. Regardless of approach, I wish the art somehow reflected the game. If it were not for the Halo 4 label on the controller, I'd have no idea the art is supposed to be from Halo.

We need Neil Buchanan to clean up the mess. Lol.

Big Art Attack

batmancustomxbox-300x220.jpg

Is how it's done folks...

Fuaarrkkk. Sexy. They could've gone with the Infinity or that giant orange ball from the E3 demo for the H4 console.

When did wires become obsolete? I'd love to get a Halo 4 controller, but I play 2 feet away from my 21" ASUS monitor. I want a wire attached to my controller.

This.

TheOddOne

The system is too busy and abstract. It would be great with a Forerunner design or stylish Chief art. Regardless of approach, I wish the art somehow reflected the game. If it were not for the Halo 4 label on the controller, I'd have no idea the art is supposed to be from Halo.
From this angle it looks like Forerunner symbol(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom