• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wwwm0nkey just asked the best question at the panel and got a world exclusive. Nice one!

I'll let him speak.

Moar Hype.

That didn't sound like Steve Downes. Otherwise, Jesus Christ that was fucking incredible.

Yeah, first thing I thought, but it won't really matter once we get used to it =p.

Still looks badass as fuck, i can't believe how amped im getting.

Now for that in-game cinematic you guys were talking about....

I'm pretty sure it's not.

You are correct sir

Vire

Cinematic Terminals confirmed :)

tumblr_lv15t9n0Ln1qd7uwho1_r1_400.gif

FUD Trailer was way better than I was expecting. Props Frankie.

Fuchsdh

178 pages in just over a week guys. Junior rage and Halo 4 info = massive discourse.

Trailer-- looks nice, and I like that they're emphasizing characterization over explosions.

Am I the only one who thinks the training uniforms look janky, though? They're basically the Marine helmets with weird padding instead of armor. The helmets look too big as a result.

Edit: And Chief looks a little off, too. I really have no idea why.

Am I the only one who thinks the training uniforms look janky, though? They're basically the Marine helmets with weird padding instead of armor. The helmets look too big as a result.
When I saw the preview images I thought the same, but all the adults in the trailer have uniforms/armor that look good and fit the universe, so I just accept that kids at a military academy wear janky padding.

Didn't Frankie say that the trailer was missing some of the bigger action bits because the special fx aren't finalized for them? If so, that trailer already looked awesome, and thats not even the awesome stuff.

I can't stop watching it, it's too good.

This has solidified my position on keeping the LE and not getting the console.

Extended Edition of FUD FTW!

Vire

I can't stop watching it, it's too good.

This has solidified my position on keeping the LE and not getting the console.

Extended Edition of FUD FTW!

Play it Again...

What a great stinger.

Only thing that looked sketchy was MC's visor. Looked kinda cheap.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
That didn't sound like Steve Downes. Otherwise, Jesus Christ that was fucking incredible.

It's not supposed to because it isn't. This takes place 20 years earlier than the game, Chief needed to sound younger. (Per Frankie). Downs is in it somewhere though.

Sai-kun

Banned
Daaaaaaaamn that trailer.
main guy's cute

And wait, I didn't read the last few pages but I saw something about a console.

God dammit, 343.

Every human environment in a live-action commercial or video outside of the Blomkamp footage has looked spotless and sterile. It's gorgeous, but it's not how I imagine those environments to look in real life. I'm probably alone in this.

But I can't wait to see the full movie. That was fantastic.

Fuchsdh

Since they're using the design the Chief had for The Package he has an eastern feel while everyone else has a western feel. I mean, it isn't horribly jarring or anything, but it makes him seem more out of place than, say, Halo Wars' Mark IV.

Still a nice continuity nod. I approve.

Eh, I would rather they had chalked up the Package Chief armor to artistic license, like they did the fact that Halsey looks like a 18-year-old. Mostly I think it's the giant "117" that's off-putting.

Continuity aside, I think a Mk V would actually look best on screen just because of its bulkiness.

Oh well. As long as the story holds up I'll forgive a lot of design issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom