• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

Well you probably can't make the visor too reflective for a movie, otherwise you'd catch the film equipment whenever Chief looks towards the camera.

Also, comparing a baked cubemapped suit with pixel shaders that approximate reality (and intentionally changed in certain respects for artistic reasons) versus full real bounced lighting.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Didn't Frankie say that the trailer was missing some of the bigger action bits because the special fx aren't finalized for them? If so, that trailer already looked awesome, and thats not even the awesome stuff.
yes he did. And yes we did not cheap out in Steve Downes who we are flying in tomorrow. We needed young chief. We actually used Steve in some tests but he sounded too seasoned. Tajeen worked with us on this.

Eh, given the visual quality of past live action Halo ads I feel this one has more of a amateur vibe, especially scenes with MC. I expect more based on the past live action adventures. I really hope they touch up his visor in post, it just feels very off. Same with the color correction.

ibxSwXQQ9mVtQ3.gif

My favorite scene ever in a Halo Liveaction.

I've watched the trailer twice and it looks good to me. There are very nitpicky things that bother me a very small amount, but on the whole I am looking forward to this.

Vire

ibxSwXQQ9mVtQ3.gif

My favorite scene ever in a Halo Liveaction.

Such an awesome scene. I legitimately got pumped for ODST because of this spot.

But yeah, the budget for that 60 second commercial is probably way higher per shot than what is reasonable to expect for this FUD stuff.

Explain this. What are you saying?

What do you mean? Obviously this movie will tie into Halo 4 somehow – and when it does, we'll probably see the Master Chief with Steven Downes doing the voice. I assume what he means by "Tajeen worked with us" is that Tajeen tried to make Downes voice sound younger, but he couldn't do it.

Overdoziz

Banned
yes he did. And yes we did not cheap out in Steve Downes who we are flying in tomorrow. We needed young chief. We actually used Steve in some tests but he sounded too seasoned. Tajeen worked with us on this.
To me it sounded more like a different chief rather than a younger one. I imagine that chief will look the same throughout the series which could become a bit weird when you don't really see him get older in appearance when he voice does change.

OverHeat

« generous god »
To me it sounded more like a different chief rather than a younger one. I imagine that chief will look the same throughout the series which could become a bit weird when you don't really see him get older in appearance when he voice does change.
Maybe is armor will change to look more like the one of H4.

B wzy

Neo Member
To me it sounded more like a different chief than a younger one. I imagine that chief will look the same throughout the series which could become a bit weird when you don't really see him get older in appearance when he voice does change.

We should see the aging effect by the wear and tear of Chief's armor.

Trailer looks good, wish the trainees were bit more bulked up though. They are drowning in their armour.

I think that is also intentional. These are supposed to be the kids of well-to-do officers in the UNSC I believe. I think in some cases we're supposed to get the "snot-nosed brats in over their heads" vibe.

I see just as many questionable bits in the Deliver Hope spot as I do in the FUD trailer. I think they are both good but if you're going to pick apart video frame by frame things fall apart quickly.

Here's where FUD could fall flat: acting. I see a lot of young actors in this trailer and we won't know if they have the chops until we start seeing them in lengthy scenes with plenty of dialogue and mood. They could be great or they could be me in my 7th grade History project.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone fill me on news from the panels today? I know about the console, and I saw the new FUD trailer... Oh, and I heard Bumper Jumper is gonna be fixed. Best news of the day / month / year.

Awesome to hear. The new voice actor sounded good in the few lines from the trailer, but it'll be nice to have Steve involved for Grizzled Chief, too.

The trailer in general looked awesome, by the way. Congrats.

"baby vomit green"

ah those were the days
But that's what it looks like! Baby puke and Oscar the Grouch. It's offensively ugly to me. I think the Halo 4 360 is bad, but nothing will ever top the ug factor of the Halo 3 console.

Fuchsdh

Here's where FUD could fall flat: acting. I see a lot of young actors in this trailer and we won't know if they have the chops until we start seeing them in lengthy scenes with plenty of dialogue and mood. They could be great or they could be me in my 7th grade History project.

Indeed. Especially since they are actually approaching this like good cinema--you know, trying to develop characters. If they pull it off, it'll be one of the best video game adaptations ever. If they don't... eh, it goes in the pile of dreck, but this is 343i's chance to win me over forever. :)

Vire

There will be "goodies" at the Saturday Panel for Campaign/Multiplayer according to the SparkCast...

Hype? 2 Sleeps!

Also: "Just several weeks away from locking the game down."

a zoojoo

Banned
Indeed. Especially since they are actually approaching this like good cinema--you know, trying to develop characters. If they pull it off, it'll be one of the best video game adaptations ever. If they don't... eh, it goes in the pile of dreck, but this is 343i's chance to win me over forever. :)
won't be hard to do, there is only a few "good" adaptations and this loks like it has alot of heart

Vire

So anyone at SDCC know of any cool after parties today or anytime this week?

Before you party, could you talk about what was discussed in the Fiction panel? Any savory tidbits you have for us plebeians who couldn't go?

Impressions on the Cinematic shown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom