• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vire

What in the world.

Hahahaha, I knew that would draw ire. Just wanted to see the response.

Also:

JDYke.png

Where's mah Bulletin?

Ramirez

The only thing I disliked about the FUD trailer was the AR. Hands down the goofiest design ever conceived for a gun model, and seeing it in RL just makes it stand out like a sore thumb that much more. Other than that, awesome stuff.

In Spartan Ops, with each Forerunner Artifacts retrieved for your objectives will have detailed Information? Exs. Halo Wars Black Boxes, Reach's Data Pads, Halo: CEA & 3's Terminals.

from The Halo Bulletin (5.25.12) said:
Whenever I go from Point A to Point B, it’s inevitable I end up at Point Z. So needless to say, when I drove to Canada on Sunday, unplanned adventures were had. It is because of those unplanned adventures that I learned two very important lessons: One, when your GPS says, “Bear right,” it does not actually mean there’s a bear on the right. And two, when you’re crossing the border, you shouldn’t refer to your passenger as “the dude riding shotgun,” because apparently customs agents are a little sensitive about the last word in particular (It’s worth noting the resulting 10-minute cavity search is not nearly as bad as some people say. At least, from a bystander’s perspective, anyway).

Lol. True story. Never was I looked at so uncomfortably by border patrol.

I posted this in the FUD gaming side thread but I figured I would post it here. The following are my opinions, and while critical I tried to be constructive-

Ok, so my first impressions are as follows: This has a high budget, fan student film project look and feel. Part of this is due to the youth of the actors, which of course has to do with the story, but none the less it gives that vibe. The color correction honestly feels a little cheap, it really has that made for youtube vibe, and while yes I know this is meant to air on the internet, that doesn't mean it should look like it. I hope the color correction is just placeholder until they finish the actual editing of the project. The dialogue in the trailer felt very cheesy, but sometimes trailers cause that issue. Also, I'm not super fond of the editing cinematography, but its not awful by any count.

Master Chief looks awkward in action, he was just filmed in a weird, kinda of cheesy way. (he looks near perfect in this behind the scenes footage though!) Another issue, IMO, is the visor. While I know it was made by Oakley, it just doesn't looks right. It feels very out of place unfortunately.. Im not exactly sure what the issue is per say, but I don't like it. On the flip side, the visors on the Spartans in "Deliver Hope" did not suffer from this. "Deliver Hope" also highlights that the paint app on MC's suit could look a bit better, a more metallic and worn look would have been more natural IMO.

The ARs seen in the trailer also suffer from the same issues as MC, they kinda look awkward and out of place. The paint app looks more plastic if anything, and they seem to have no weight behind them and come off more like a toy.

Anyways, I know this is still in production, so Im sure a lot of the issues may feel minor after its all said and done. Also, that Warthog looks amazing, both in detail and in action.. Awesome stuff there! Im still really excited for this, but visually compared to past Halo live action shorts I am a bit underwhelmed. Still, I can't wait to see the Covenant in action, it really seems they nailed the way MC moves from the BTS stuff, so I expect the same with them.

Agreed, although I understand the budget has to go a lot further with FUD, the style doesn't have to take such a huge hit. Shame MC looks so cheesy.

ibxSwXQQ9mVtQ3.gif

My favorite scene ever in a Halo Liveaction.

So good.

Posted by Grizzlei over at HBO's forum - holding off until morning for front page:

http://www.youtube.com/user/solocorps?feature=watch

Top 4 vids are interviews with cast/crew of FUD.

Cool, thanks!

The back of your eyes go up when you look down. In games you're effectively controlling a dude's head, not two eyes. To get his head to look down, you must move the back of it up.

If we really want to get technical here, you're not controlling a person's head – you're controlling the upper torso.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Trying to rationalize default/inverted is silly to me. There's no inherently logical, right choice. I originally played inverted just cause that's what I was used to from Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. Then I got BRUTALLY AND MERCILESSLY teased by my friends, and eventually submitted. :-D

There can't be any difference between inverted/non inverted (except that inverted definitively means upside down); they need to prove this scientifically already.

Thats true, inverted is for old folk who only played Microsoft Flight Simulator then tried more games and were like "wtf mate?"

Flying a plane, yes inverted makes sense, because they are controlled by rudders and the yoke.

Controlling the lookstick of a character you are supposed to be...default makes sense.

Trying to rationalize default/inverted is silly to me. There's no inherently logical, right choice. I originally played inverted just cause that's what I was used to from Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. Then I got BRUTALLY AND MERCILESSLY teased by my friends, and eventually submitted. :-D

Your friends just may have saved your life.

The back of your eyes go up when you look down. In games you're effectively controlling a dude's head, not two eyes. To get his head to look down, you must move the back of it up.
Look at your mouse cursor on your screen. Push forward: the cursor goes up. Pull backward: the cursor goes down.

I'm not flying a plane, I'm moving a cursor on a screen to shoot dudes.

Louis Wu

Do you invert the X-Axis as well? if not you're living a lie and trying as hard as you can to justify it through falsehoods.
Forget about whether you're controlling the back of the head or the eyeballs.

How do you hold your controller?

Does it face you, so that pushing the stick forward (towards the triggers) means pushing it 'up'? Or do you hold it in your lap, maybe even tilted downward a little, so that pushing the stick forward means pushing it 'down'?

Might your answer have something to do with whether you play inverted or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom