• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwm0nkey

Before you party, could you talk about what was discussed in the Fiction panel? Any savory tidbits you have for us plebeians who couldn't go?

Impressions on the Cinematic shown?
Nothing much but the little part of the Cinematic where Cortana goes ape shit on the Captain of the UNSC Infinity for being a total ass.

At some point you have to tell us what it was like to get up out of the audience and ask a question that was actually good. You tread a path on which few had tread before.

Well I just tried to think of something to ask that didn't sound dumb and could probably be answered via statement or hint. Also considering the first question was "Can I dual-wield" I was pretty confident that my question would be far less stupid than that lol

Overdoziz

Banned
Now that I think of, changing grenades with d-pad sounds incredibly awkward do. Not being able to move while switching is just.. :( There's really no way to have an ideal Bumper Jumper control scheme. I blame having default sprint.
Also, Frankie/David/Bonnie/343, please make it so you don't have to hold down a button to use some AAs. That would improve Bumper Jumper a lot

Edit: The music at the beginning and end of the Sparkcast sounds promising.

So today was just FUD stuff and the glorious news that Bumper Jumper is once again the superior button layout?
And monkey proved that it is possible to ask a good audience question at a panel.

monkey: Are there going to be cinematic terminals in Halo 4?
Panel people: Yes.

Also considering the first question was "Can I dual-wield"
My god.

Now that I think of, changing grenades with d-pad sounds incredibly awkward do. Not being able to move while switching is just.. :( There's really no way to have an ideal Bumper Jumper control scheme. I blame having default sprint.

Using your right hand to reach over and hit the dpad is not that much worse than using it to hit a face button. I think it will be fine especially because of the reduced role of grenades in the game.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's a running joke on the HBO forum that the HBO front page doesn't exist. :(
I used HBO a ton in the Halo 2 days. If I remember right, HBO and B.net were the main places I got updates on Halo 2 and I Love Bees. I really appreciated the spoiler-free news options.

If I do convert, that's what I WILL do... because that's all Twitter is good for.

Uses a Twitter post about important Halo 4 information, then says Twitter is only good for instagramming meals.

Liar Wu confirmed. :p

On the RT podcast at RTX, Frank said they're 8 weeks from going gold. Which seems a bit sooner than past games, but I'm probably wrong about that.

Hmm, content complete by the beginning of August makes sense, but that seems soon to go Gold. If they planned production like that though, it's entirely possible.

Trailer looked pretty good to me, although believability is always more difficult with younger actors. Personally I wish they would've appealed to a more mature audience, but I guess Halo is supposed to be a bit more family friendly than other shooters. For what it is, I like it.

Also, Frankie/David/Bonnie/343, please make it so you don't have to hold down a button to use some AAs. That would improve Bumper Jumper a lot

Edit: The music at the beginning and end of the Sparkcast sounds promising.

I can't remember ever having to switch grenades in the middle of combat. And in all honesty I can probably get it with my palm if I have to.

Edit: do we have a confirmed layout for bumper jumper? Or are we just assuming it's what's been posted?

Edit 2: Just tried the palm thing, it doesn't work. But reaching over with my right hand is easy as pie. Definitely the way to do it.

Overdoziz

Banned
I can't remember ever having to switch grenades in the middle of combat. And in all honesty I can probably get it with my palm if I have to.

Edit: do we have a confirmed layout for bumper jumper? Or are we just assuming it's what's been posted?

Edit 2: Just tried the palm thing, it doesn't work. But reaching over with my right hand is easy as pie. Definitely the way to do it.
I'm assuming AAs will be A, Sprint on X and switching grenades with the D-pad. We'll have to wait and see.

On another note; why aren't the panels being streamed?

Sai-kun

Banned
Daniel Cudmore

KcBNP.gif

I just keep throwing nades until the type I want leaves my hands...

blamite

Has it been mentioned yet that you can't switch grenade types when you have an ordnance drop? Both features use left and right on the d-pad. Could be a problem.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Has it been mentioned yet that you can't switch grenade types when you have an ordnance drop? Both features use left and right on the d-pad. Could be a problem.
They could just use Up on the d-pad to cycle through grenade types. They don't need a separate direction for each grenade.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l45zpwt9cY1qc1iql.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
That gif makes me dizzy. No like.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Every image of controller layouts I've seen specifically points to left and right for grenade switching.

Image for reference
Damn, you're right. So if you have an ordnance drop queued up, you can't switch grenades on ANY of the control schemes? That's pretty dumb.

Up still seems to be the answer for the problem though...
Definitely.

Learning bumper jumper is taking forever. Playing doesn't feel natural at all.
You'll get used to it. It took me a week to get really comfortable with it, probably. I started off playing some campaign and Firefight to make it a little less frustrating. Once it clicks, there's no going back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom