• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a super quick mock up of what I wanted for the Halo 4 Xbox. I am a huge fan of the design on the Crytum. I'm going to flesh this out more later, but you can get the idea.

iMPGwuM1DZMDC.png

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I play Y inverted/X normal on shooters like Halo and Gears, but on shooters where you have to move the actual reticule across the screen (like Rez and Child of Eden) I need to play normal on both axis. Funny thing is, with 3rd person adventure games like Okami, I have to invert both X and Y.

BTW, I've never played a flight simulator of any kind.
I hate when third person games don't let you change the x-axis directions.

Due to the fact I haven't slept in 30 or so hours I decided to head back after the Halo panel, hope you guys liked my question lol

(Was tempted to ask if there was going to be a MP beta)
I made a bet ($20) with Domino and Voltron to go up and ask for a beta code during Q&A and then just walk off before a response.

EDIt: though the dual-wielding question put our scheme to shame,

Havok

This was a super quick mock up of what I wanted for the Halo 4 Xbox. I am a huge fan of the design on the Crytum. I'm going to flesh this out more later, but you can get the idea.
That would actually be awesome, I'd buy one of those over the official H4 360s that I think are kinda hideous.

Edit: double post dammit. I've failed you all.
You were our best chance for survival.

Where were we at during SDCC 2007 as far as Halo 3 MP info was concerned? How many maps did we know about? What was revealed at SDCC?

As for Halo 4 being "locked down" or "complete" within the next 8 weeks: that doesn't include SpOps. So even after Halo 4 goes gold a large percentage of the studio may still be working on Halo 4. I just blew my own mind.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So is the kill time for the BR faster at medium/close range than the DMR?

If not, I can't see any reason to use it since both are 5shot kills.

Vire

You were our best chance for survival.

Where were we at during SDCC 2007 as far as Halo 3 MP info was concerned? How many maps did we know about? What was revealed at SDCC?

As for Halo 4 being "locked down" or "complete" within the next 8 weeks: that doesn't include SpOps. So even after Halo 4 goes gold a large percentage of the studio may still be working on Halo 4. I just blew my own mind.

Bungie seemed a lot more liberal in what they revealed ahead of time.

343 has somehow managed to keep 7 multiplayer maps a secret with less than 4 months left... (and it's killing me)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So is the kill time for the BR faster at medium/close range than the DMR?

If not, I can't see any reason to use it since both are 5shot kills.
Let's of people who've played the demo version said that the BR is easier to use at close range... But I haven't heard any explanation of why that is. Faster rate of fire, maybe?

Homeboyd

I am a fan of 343 not showing tons. I'd rather have some surprises when I get the game. Maybe show more maps closer to launch.
I'm with you for the most part, but some official clarification on some of the things they have shown is always nice. Vidocs usually help resolve some of these things; or they have in the past. Here's hoping they've got one or two cooking.

heckfu

Banned
http://i.minus.com/iG9FtWm4rfd0i.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ib7tl1aQpT2id.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iewNBmCn4uUpk.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iE60tnA3PTv6Y.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Please hide these gifs and set them to links for the sake of others computers

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
We're currently missing a Multiplayer BTS, Fogre BTS and shortly (assuming) SpOps BTS.

Why is that?

David Ellis mentioned previously that the lack of behind the scenes footage with the limited edition would be irrelevant because of the content released running up to and after the game's launch but I'm perceiving a lack of the type of behind the scenes stuff we've come to expect.

lawful

Banned
That full trailer made me lose interest in Forward Unto Dawn. It reminds me of Alien vs Predator Requiem. I do not care about some teenager's coming of age story, I don't consider that to be Halo. All it really looked like was a bunch of no name actors running around in the woods. Best part is when he is about to kiss some girl it's all surprise Covenant attack dramatic face and everything. Pfft.

Vire

I'm with you for the most part, but some official clarification on some of the things they have shown is always nice. Vidocs usually help resolve some of these things; or they have in the past. Here's hoping they've got one or two cooking.

I don't really care if they spoil Multiplayer Maps (In fact, I hope they do).

I think keeping the rest of Campaign under wraps is a good idea though. I hope they keep the initial moment of first landing on Requiem a secret, I want that same feeling of first landing on Halo to be a surprise.

We're currently missing a Multiplayer BTS, Fogre BTS and shortly (assuming) SpOps BTS.

Why is that?

David Ellis mentioned previously that the lack of behind the scenes footage with the limited edition would be irrelevant because of the content released running up to and after the game's launch but I'm perceiving a lack of the type of behind the scenes stuff we've come to expect.

There is a SpOps panel coming up, so maybe we'll get a ViDoc?

Homeboyd

Why is that?

I don't really care if they spoil Multiplayer Maps (In fact, I hope they do).

I think keeping the rest of Campaign under wraps is a good idea though. I hope they keep the initial moment of first landing on Requiem a secret, I want that feeling of first landing on Halo to be a surprise.
Yeah, MP, Forge and SpOps need some love. I know we're getting a taste of SpOps this weekend so hopefully they've got some BTeSque type of trailer/clips to show off along with gameplay. But with MP and Forge hanging out there still, I won't expect it.

Even bits of MP that have been talked about or that we've seen could use some official love with regards to a BTS/Vidoc. Progression system, customization options (that have been revealed), or even BTS/making-of for the maps we've seen. I loved those weekly updates from Bungie where they spent nearly the entire update talking about the map they were showing off (I think one was posted recently). 343 did this with the Anni maps I believe, so I'm sure they'll do something similar.

Edit: Also, can someone teach me how to use the Waypoint file browser?! Or is it not complete yet...? I'm only showing 23 screenshots and 24 maps in TOTAL without any filters. :/

Why is that?

Wait. Did we get a campaign BTS?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just find it from the Waypoint home page. Waypoint links rarely seem to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom