• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just going for cheap laughs. Kentucky is a pretty awesome state.

As for educational type things: the school district I grew up in received the most funding per student but consistently produced some of the lowest average test scores in the state.

The superintendent of my High School spelled my name AND the word "award" wrong on the "Science Fair Award" that she printed in her office as a "prize" for winning the science fair.

I made a robot arm. It was totally sweet and I got ALL of the girls.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I was just going for cheap laughs. Kentucky is a pretty awesome state.

As for educational type things: the school district I grew up in received the most funding per student but consistently produced some of the lowest average test scores in the state.

The superintendent of my High School spelled my name AND the word "award" wrong on the "Science Fair Award" that she printed in her office as a "prize" for winning the science fair.

I made a robot arm. It was totally sweet and I got ALL of the girls.

Holy crap, building a robot arm is impressive. In my science fair, the dude I was working with did everything himself. Tried to make a hovercraft out of an innertube and a shop vac. Needless to say, it didn't work. At all. The saddest thing is that he told everyone how awesome it was, and that he used it several times before the science fair, haha.

2012 National Champs

Big Blue all day
I'm a Murray State fan :D So excited to go there in the fall.

That's not Lake Minnetonka

Also, is that Silva the Silva from The Flood? That's what I'm assuming anyway.

lake-tahoe.jpg

The above pic is the circled piece below, and it is beautiful!

Havok

Quit crapping on your home state, there's dumb people in every state.
This is so true. I live in as much of an ignorant state as I can think of, and the real reason I want to get out of here is the crappy weather.

We both graduated with Honors, both took AP courses, both finished top 10% in our graduating class. Both made high ACT scores (28, 29). suckit.jpeg
Your first two or three years of college will be a cakewalk because you're above the average frat kid going into those general classes, then you'll stop caring and all of a sudden you'll hit classes that start to actually matter and be totally unequipped to deal with it at first. This is my story.

Those first couple years are pretty rad though.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Your first two or three years of college will be a cakewalk, then you'll stop caring and all of a sudden you'll hit classes that start to actually matter and be totally unequipped to deal with it. This is my story.

Haha, I realized that as soon as I saw my schedule. One of my classes is "Introduction to Jazz History". Not sure why I'm taking it.

I'm a journalism major.

Also, did anyone make a thread for the new console? It seems thread worthy, and I'll make one if no one else has.

I love this place man!
It's weird, I live in western KY, and I see a lot of people that have this unfounded dislike of eastern KY. Then whenever I'm in eastern KY, I sometimes hear people express distaste for western KY.

Never understood that.

This is so true. I live in as much of an ignorant state as I can think of, and the real reason I want to get out of here is the crappy weather.

Your first two or three years of college will be a cakewalk because you're above the average frat kid going into those general classes, then you'll stop caring and all of a sudden you'll hit classes that start to actually matter and be totally unequipped to deal with it at first. This is my story.

This is how my first year went. Thought it would be just like high school and I'd coast right by to Bs and As.

No sir that is not how that works.

Holy crap, building a robot arm is impressive. In my science fair, the dude I was working with did everything himself. Tried to make a hovercraft out of an innertube and a shop vac.

The robot arm was not as impressive as it sounds. I was going for a Terminator/Johnny#5 type deal but what I ended up with was more like one of the claws in the "win a stuffed animal" game at the carnival. It was still good enough to get me a Science Awrad though, so maybe I shouldn't be so humble.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
It's weird, I live in western KY, and I see a lot of people that have this unfounded dislike of eastern KY. Then whenever I'm in eastern KY, I sometimes hear people express distaste for western KY.

Never understood that.

When black people drive, they drive like bumps dumps dump dump bump, but when white people drive they drive like deedle wheedle deedle wee.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Alabama is ok, I just feel distant from my contemporaries because of my political views and liberal religious views.

Also I can use words like contemporaries.

I know that feeling. Franklinator and I live in a very "country" area of KY (I do like small towns, though), and I'm in the minority with most of my opinions. Leads to some very interesting debates.

Feels like a Chris Rock standup going on here. I don't mind it at all.
Figured I'd post this. I miss The Office.

Fotos

en-US_Xbox360_Halo_4_320GB_Console_Bundle_S4K-00058_RM1.jpg

...[/QUOTE]

I am buying this Xbox and the limited edition than selling my slim and hard drive... Best Xbox and controllers I've ever seen in my opinion

I'll never be an Inheritor, but I'll post anyways.
I don't understand the BMI system, I've gained about 10 pounds of muscle over the past few months and according to the BMI, I'm "fatter" than I was before, which isn't the case.

heckfu

Banned

I don't understand the BMI system, I've gained about 10 pounds of muscle over the past few months and according to the BMI, I'm "fatter" than I was before, which isn't the case.

BMI is a body mass index. Where my job is concerned we use BMI to estimate obesity. Anything above 30 BMI we have to use an adjusted creatinine clearance (how well your kidneys work) to change drug doses to protect patients from going into renal failure.

themoreyouknow.jpg

That is because the BMI system is a broken piece of crap.

BMI is a body mass index. Where my job is concerned we use BMI to estimate obesity. Anything above 30 BMI we have to use an adjusted creatinine clearance (how well your kidneys work) to change drug doses to protect patients from going into renal failure.

themoreyouknow.jpg

Too bad BMI is a ludicrously useless number in any real sense. Granted, the extreme ends of the scale are a good indicator, but for anything in the middle, it doesn't actually indicate fitness.

Then again, I'll defer to the resident doctor :)

themoreyouknow.jpg

Yeah, but it's obviously broken outside of extreme examples though. My BMI has gone from 22 to 24 over the past few months, and I have gotten into significantly better shape during that period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom