• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B wzy

Neo Member
Yesterday I played Reach MP for a few minutes at a friend's house after a year of not playing it, and I felt nothing. No connection. The map contained a dull gray structure with no artistic direction. Just stupid Forge World shit. Gameplay was alright but there was no excitement, neither from me nor the people playing online.

Where's the magic? Where has it gone? I hate hearing from the developers about how they're always trying to recapture the magic of Halo CE. That's great and all, but you guys made better games in the way of Halo 2 and Halo 3 MP.

It's still in there, but matching into a good game with equal skilled players on the right map, without quitters is tough to find.

I still haven't seen Spidey, I had to work when my friends went but hopefully I'll see it soon. I doubt it will top the Avengers but I'm going to remain optimistic.

Havok

Super Slayer currently has fewer players than Objective.

The world is upside down.

Or maybe the world realized how pointless that list is.

Ramirez

When you guys watch Spidey, don't dwell on the fact that no one noticed him smelling like a sewer. Spent 5 minutes in the OT thread and realized why I never have movie discussions on here...

senador

Banned
I'm pretty sure it will be. An MGS guy said when talking about MS taking over Halo that they felt 3 years was too long for each game, and they already did that with Halo 4 coming out two years after Reach. H5 in 2014 and H6 in 2016. Ship it.

It was Phil Spencer in an IGN interview I guess he didn't specify main line games though. I didn't realize it was so long ago, in 2010.

In this more recent interview in 2011 he didn't seem to embrace that early notion as much.

Not sure what to think now, I was pretty sure we were to expect 2 year main Halo games. 3 is just way too long now. Damn.

We never made it to the theater before Avengers went off, so I can't compare. The new Spidey dumps on the old ones though, IMO of course.

Cool, I honestly thought this looked a lot better from the trailers, despite the Lizard looking crappy. Can't wait to see it.. Maybe if I kick this fever I can go see it Saturday.

When you guys watch Spidey, don't dwell on the fact that no one noticed him smelling like a sewer. Spent 5 minutes in the OT thread and realized why I never have movie discussions on here...

Criticisms are fair, but yeah I found myself ruling my eyes at some of the incredibly specific and obscure Prometheus complaints. That thread gave me a headache at times.

Ramirez

A Halo 2 remake with MP would be a pretty sweet launch title for the next console.

/pipedream

Criticisms are fair

Criticisms are one thing, but when you're watching a movie dealing with web slingers & big lizards, you should be a little more forgiving over silly stuff like that.

CyReN

It's Super Jackpot Weekend on Halo Reach for MLG Playlist the same day Sundance announces no Halo at Raleigh, lol.

It was Phil Spencer in an IGN interview I guess he didn't specify main line games though. I didn't realize it was so long ago, in 2010.

In this more recent interview in 2011 he didn't seem to embrace that early notion as much.

Not sure what to think now, I was pretty sure we were to expect 2 year main Halo games. 3 is just way too long now. Damn.

I've said since this idea came up from the beginning, there's just no way to maintain the same quality in two years that you get in three years. I do think we'll see more outsourced/side projects, but I just don't see the mainline games losing an entire year of dev time.

Just got back from watching Spider-Man, so good.
Yes.

We never made it to the theater before Avengers went off, so I can't compare. The new Spidey dumps on the old ones though, IMO of course.

Avengers is better in just about every category that matters, but this Spidey is still great. Garfield and Stone are way better than their counterparts in the first trilogy.

Relevant Spidey question: did they get a natural blond to play a redhead in the first 3 and then get a natural redhead to play a blond in the reboot?

MONSTER BALLS: I will be online in 20 minutes. Ignore your imaginary girlfriends/boyfriends and Iverson practice!

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics

Hell 2the yes. It wasn't an amazing movie, but the first one in this new trilogy already managed to trump the original Spider-Man trilogy for me by miles. I just wish there was more Lizard screen time.

Yes.

Avengers is better in just about every category that matters, but this Spidey is still great. Garfield and Stone are way better than their counterparts in the first trilogy.

Relevant Spidey question: did they get a natural blond to play a redhead in the first 3 and then get a natural redhead to play a blond in the reboot?

MONSTER BALLS: I will be online in 20 minutes. Ignore your imaginary girlfriends/boyfriends and Iverson practice!

alright I'll play. But today I stand my ground: For every slayer game we play I demand we play 1-2 games Grifball. Cragmire is my alternate in case you don't want Grifball.

I've said since this idea came up from the beginning, there's just no way to maintain the same quality in two years that you get in three years. I do think we'll see more outsourced/side projects, but I just don't see the mainline games losing an entire year of dev time.

I'm sure they have planned for it though. You've got to remember, Bungie basically gutted their engine and started from scratch with each new game. 343 has been working on their game for close to 4 years now, probably planning out the production of the trilogy much more rigidly from the start than Bungie ever did. I'm sure they did a lot of work to plan out of the use of their engine for the trilogy, so that it is future prove and can be easily improved for each new game.

Bungie took three years to make Reach and it shipped with 8 competitive MP maps. As long as you plan accordingly, a great game can be made in 2 years, it happens quite commonly in the game industry.

I just found out last week that Emma Stone is in-fact a natural blonde, which just blew my mind to mars and back cause I think she looks like natural red head and looks kind of odd as a blonde.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
CyReN, Wahrer Machine, a zoo joo / Warwood / Wolfwood / Warwolf / Wolfwolf

Check your pm's or answer here:

What times are you available to play this Saturday? I can play at just about any time before 9:45 PM EST.

CyReN

What times are you available to play this Saturday? I can play at just about any time before 9:45 PM EST.

Free all day.

I'm working a double from around noon until midnight (taking into account time to drive home, get ready, etc), so basically anytime from morning to 11AM or anytime after midnight.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hey guys, check the tourney ot.

Made a few changes:

The deadline for this round of matches is now Wednesday, July 11th at 11:59 PM CST.

Also changed the deadline for the next slate of games to TBA.
As for the clusterfuck that is my organizing at the moment, I apologize.

Computron

TransparentPixel.gif

Hey guys, check the tourney ot.

Made a few changes:

The deadline for this round of matches is now Wednesday, July 11th at 11:59 PM CST.

Also changed the deadline for the next slate of games to TBA.
As for the clusterfuck that is my organizing at the moment, I apologize.

YES

Warwolfwoodplyrenwolf, is there any particular date from Monday-Wednesday you guys want to aim for?

GhaleonEB

Are you in the Bay Area? We can meet up if you are.

We're in Fairfield, at a hotel 2 miles from the Jelly Belly factory; we're doing a tour in the morning and then tearing on up I-5 North, probably crossing into Oregon by tomorrow night. I haven't looked to see how close we get to the bay. Were I driving solo, I'd swing by but with the kids in tow we probably won't be stopping much; we're all ready to be home right now. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom