• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So I'm in the hotel gym. Blastin' mah glutes. Feelin' pretty buff, or at least less fat than normal. Less like a corpulent walking barrel. Yup, I have lost 33 pounds in a couple of months. Back up to 20 pull ups. Yeah. Lookit that.

Then, just as I am reaching my narcissistic rose tinted zenith, in walks Daniel Cudmore (colossus from x-men) and starts on his abs. He has like, 100 abs.

Gratz bro. This feels like the year of the weight loss.

Got my Bungie day ish in the mail. So excited

CyReN

xiCPH.png

ps: congrats frank, keep it up.

FyreWulff

Thanks to help from Tashi I went from 280something in April to now around 263 and dropping. I ran out of money to continue my ketogenic diet though, so until things settle over here I'm having (small) servings as pasta for dinner.

Ever since I got here to 'coova I've basically been drinking 2 gallons of water a day. Not even powdered Gatorade anymore. Thankfully, I didn't have the drinking-another-distant-city's-water problem.

It probably also helps I went from something like 1,000ft elevation to 0-200 feet elevation, it's like overdrive for my lungs.

You can't swim but you can play legacy? Priorities, Fyre!

I'm from Nebraska, your chance of a water landing in a plane here is less than the chance Reach will ever get TU 1.2.

Thanks to help from Tashi I went from 280something in April to now around 263 and dropping. I ran out of money to continue my ketogenic diet though, so until things settle over here I'm having (small) servings as pasta for dinner.

Ever since I got here to 'coova I've basically been drinking 2 gallons of water a day. Not even powdered Gatorade anymore. Thankfully, I didn't have the drinking-another-distant-city's-water problem.

It probably also helps I went from something like 1,000ft elevation to 0-200 feet elevation, it's like overdrive for my lungs.
keto is really hard. I tried it last summer and I couldn't keep up with it. You have to put so much more effort into each meal

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

I'm from Nebraska, your chance of a water landing in a plane here is less than the chance Reach will ever get TU 1.2.
I don't have a magic cure. Diet, exercise, less carbs, but no real plan. I do however keep loads of calorically inert snacks like carrots and seltzer water on hand for weakness moments.

I plan on starting Keto once I get down to ~160 when I get back to school and start lifting. I don't know how I'm going to manage, carbs are delicious.

but bacon is more or less unlimited at school, so I guess I'll manage.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I don't have a magic cure. Diet, exercise, less carbs, but no real plan. I do however keep loads of calorically inert snacks like carrots and seltzer water on hand for weakness moments.

Using a program where you have to log everything you eat helps too. I use myfitnesspal. When you do that not only do you consciously have to acknowledge what you're putting in your face, but you see what it actually is in regard to nutrition.

For instance, here is what I've eaten today.
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/alienshogun

I'm 2 weeks into a hard cut and I've lost 18lbs since March/April (almost half of that just in the last two weeks) while maintaining most of my strength.

I had trouble sleeping last night.

AxtOhe2CQAEc9U2.png:large

Isn't that the "I'm 'in' with people from bungie/343 kid?"

Same here, except for the diet.

I eat anything I want, and try to burn it off in the gym.

Although, saying that I haven't been to a MD and Burger king or similar, in over 3 years.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

I just do loads of P90X/X2 and now on Insanity (phase 2) to help balance my eating habits. During the week I'm solid low(er) carb (less than 80 or so usually), and on weekends I cheat a bit.

Dropped nearly 40 lbs since last year at this time, and 25 since January thanks to P90X2 and Insanity. :p

Tashi

Nice bro!

While we're sharing stories, this year in 15 weeks I've gone from 305 to 245 today. Keto diet with regular cheat meals and exercise a few days a week (basketball and tennis mostly). Gotta hit the weights soon though and be consistent with it.

At first the diet was hard to maintain and it was hard to resist the good foods but now it's easy as fuck. I'm not really hungry all day and I'm a meat lover so I don't really need to be creative to find meals to eat. When I get hungry a few peanuts or sunflower seeds get me by.

Nice bro!

While we're sharing stories, this year in 15 weeks I've gone from 305 to 245 today. Keto diet with regular cheat meals and exercise a few days a week (basketball and tennis mostly). Gotta hit the weights soon though and be consistent with it.

At first the diet was hard to maintain and it was hard to resist the good foods but now it's easy as fuck. I'm not really hungry all day and I'm a meat lover so I don't really need to be creative to find meals to eat. When I get hungry a few peanuts or sunflower seeds get me by.

That's awesome, tashi.

It's been horrible for me recently because of how often I'm going out during the summer, especially going out to eat. It's hard to keep control when you're handed a menu with all your old temptations on it twice a week.

I've lost 18 pounds since I got home from school, but I've hit a wall these past couple of weeks and haven't lost anything. I gotta get back to being super strict.

FyreWulff

keto is really hard. I tried it last summer and I couldn't keep up with it. You have to put so much more effort into each meal

Yeah I just did eggs for breakfast, tuna+salad for lunch, and ground turkey burgers minus bun with cheese on top for dinner. Bacon was absurdly expensive though, I only did that once (and burned half of them into nothingness)

At the very least I stopped doing my lazy bad habit of making a pan of pasta and meat and just eating that throughout the day. Didn't need to do zero carb, just dropped it waaaay down. Way, way down.

You know, I thought being so damn close to the ocean here would drop the price of fish, but nope, more expensive than Nebraska. Although the pop/soda/soft drink up here is half the price. 5$ for a 12 pack there, 2.12$USD here.

TheOddOne

Nielson updated their most anticipated games of 2012 purchase intent lists.

Top three most anticipated for 360: Halo 4 (99%), Call of Duty: Black Ops II (97%) and Assassin’s Creed III (94%).
Top three most anticipated for PS3: Call of Duty: Black Ops II (99%), Madden NFL 13 (97%) and Assassin’s Creed III (97%).
Top three most anticipated for Wii: Just Dance (97%), Madden NFL 13 (94%) and Just Dance: Disney Party (94%).

Tashi

That's awesome, tashi.

It's been horrible for me recently because of how often I'm going out during the summer, especially going out to eat. It's hard to keep control when you're handed a menu with all your old temptations on it twice a week.

I've lost 18 pounds since I got home from school, but I've hit a wall these past couple of weeks and haven't lost anything. I gotta get back to being super strict.

I know! I've become a fuckin hermit to stay on this diet and lose weight. I figure the time spent on this diet is well worth it though.

I know! I've become a fuckin hermit to stay on this diet and lose weight. I figure the time spent on this diet is well worth it though.

It used to be that I'd just try to go out once a week and make that my cheat day, but when I take a cheat day and then plans come up, it really screws with me. It's all about willpower, I guess. I've taken to eating a lot of light yogurt, that stuff is FILLING. Scrambled eggs with one yolk are also baller.

Does not help that my girlfriend's mother is a militant italian that begs me to do nothing but eat.

Nielson updated their most anticipated games of 2012 purchase intent lists.

Top three most anticipated for 360: Halo 4 (99%), Call of Duty: Black Ops II (97%) and Assassin’s Creed III (94%).
Top three most anticipated for PS3: Call of Duty: Black Ops II (99%), Madden NFL 13 (97%) and Assassin’s Creed III (97%).
Top three most anticipated for Wii: Just Dance (97%), Madden NFL 13 (94%) and Just Dance: Disney Party (94%).
Previous page, dude. Previous page.

I lost ten pounds by only eating out of necessity rather than boredom and mostly sticking to coffee/water/milk/carbonated waters rather than soda and shit. To be fair, I gained ten once work started because I couldn't find time to eat anywhere but out, so it's currently a net zero. I'm looking to drop ~15 or 20 (155 to 140 or 135) so hopefully it'll stay this way. Once school starts I'll try and do P90X2, I just can't right now because work means there's never a consistent schedule/timeframe where I could do it without losing necessary sleep.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
All workouts are flawed, you just need to find one that suits what you want to get out of it.

This is the key. Some people love the gym, some (like me) love the videos. Not all videos are equal either. TapOut could be awesome for some, P90X for others.

Insanity is a beast of a workout for cardio if you're looking to lose weight or get back into shape. P90X/2 is a good weight loss tool, but also works for gaining.

I definitely have to find a workout. But I mostly blaming my nourishment. Definitely have to change.

Changing that can really help, too. I don't have the discipline to stick to a real workout routine, sadly, though my summer job kept me pretty active during the day. Now that I've got a three weak break I'm definitely gonna start running again, at the very least.

CyReN

Teammate from MLG Columbus just got a chance to play Halo 4 at CC just now, he loved it. He wasn't the biggest fan of Reach too.

OftF0.jpg

This is the key. Some people love the gym, some (like me) love the videos. Not all videos are equal either. TapOut could be awesome for some, P90X for others.

Insanity is a beast of a workout for cardio if you're looking to lose weight or get back into shape. P90X/2 is a good weight loss tool, but also works for gaining.

This this this. Find what works, experiment. After Insanity it's Gregg Plitt's workouts all day for me, that man is so inspiring!

http://youtu.be/sFtgjAUe7P4

Sai-kun

Banned
I tried P90X but I could never fit it into my schedule regularly :( I stick to yoga, swimming, biking, and dance central for my exercise.

a zoojoo

Banned
You posted that yesterday...
fuck.....
Shadows catchphrase is "What the FUCK?"
confirmed
It's times like these I wish I had my capture card running. I was just in a party with a squeaker going crazy at the Forward unto Dawn trailer.
HE actually shouted "OMG Mastur cheef" no lie.

Also this; whilst having a squeaker in my ear.
sighk.png

allofmyrage.jpg
sigh......
Woohoo, Perfection in Halo 3!
Gufu got one too.

GG Woorlog and ZooJoo, and thanks ZJ for being my Perfection driver.

You guys owe me, next time we're in Halo 3 and in a position to dong, you can be my wingman, anytime.

Woorloog

Banned
Anyone coming to play Halo soon? 3 or Reach.
Hmm, well, i guess i could play Halo Wars too but it'll take me sometime to get used to the controls again...

Woorloog

Banned
No, my catch phrase is "What the FUCK."

Seriously, you need more swear words. Maybe you could learn Finnish ones?
"Perkele" is the best curse there is.
EDIT also, is any of the Arcade titles on sale good?

EDIT reposting
Anyone coming to play Halo soon? 3 or Reach.
Hmm, well, i guess i could play Halo Wars too but it'll take me sometime to get used to the controls again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom