• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

Do you have a working xbox yet? i.e. can you d/l maps?

Still waiting on a replacement hard drive. This is irritating the hell out of me. I have near a gig of space on this USB and Reach is all LOL NOPE WRONG TYPE OF MEDIA

700GB of space
Can't download 108kb usermap

Vire

Sounds like the Panel on Saturday will be pretttyyy prettty good...

P5fHD.png

Shame it won't be streamed. :(

GhaleonEB

Video was worth watching, despite the image quality; first time I've seen a nice long look and dive into that menu.

It did raise a question for me. Will we be able to see what tactical packages and such players are using at any given time via Theater? One way I use save films is to watch the enemy movements - who went where at spawn, how they got our flag, etc. I think it will be important to look at the enemy load out strategy and see how they complimented each other (or not), particularly when playing against parties. I'd like to see the load out some guy was using who killed me - other than getting out gunned, what upgrades was he using? Did his shields recharge faster? Etc.

Hopefully when we toggle between players in saved films, all that information is exposed.

CyReN

Video was worth watching, despite the image quality; first time I've seen a nice long look and dive into that menu.

It did raise a question for me. Will we be able to see what tactical packages and such players are using at any given time via Theater? One way I use save films is to watch the enemy movements - who went where at spawn, how they got our flag, etc. I think it will be important to look at the enemy load out strategy and see how they complimented each other (or not), particularly when playing against parties. I'd like to see the load out some guy was using who killed me - other than getting out gunned, what upgrades was he using? Did his shields recharge faster? Etc.

Hopefully when we toggle between players in saved films, all that information is exposed.

With that, I just hope we can get 1st person for everyone in game.

Need 1 for halo 3 ASAP!

Getting on now.

heckfu

Banned
#hatersgonnahate?

Lol wow...

Who is Greenskull? He's got that Lannister look about him... he another one of Jaime and Cersei's kids?

He seems like a nice enough guy and now we're calling him out on a forum where he can't post to defend himself? I know it was a joke on Jazzy's part but we could probably afford to let this one go.

Damnit, I forgot I was on a self-imposed posting ban. Going back into hiding now.

L1NETT

He seems like a nice enough guy and now we're calling him out on a forum where he can't post to defend himself? I know it was a joke on Jazzy's part but we could probably afford to let this one go.

Damnit, I forgot I was on a self-imposed posting ban. Going back into hiding now.

How long will it last this time? ;-)

Cheers for that Massacre. Lots of good movies coming out. So close to Batman. So close!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

God damn you're so mature. Comes with being a Doctor I guess.

Tawpgun

Isn't Greenskull one of the guys that did Halo 3 Mythbusters?

Or am I thinking of someone else?

Greenskull is the guy behind Ready Up Live. Basically a halo community site. They're decently big. Really focused on providing casual Halo fun.

He's done some dumb things in the past, called out competetive/mlg in a video, the tweets mentioned, but he's an alright guy, I don't get the hate for him.

I have two Halo related questions.

1. I've been reading Speaker for the Dead... and the starships in the game aren't FTL capable, or at least I don't think. But they can travel close to light speed. Relativistic effects are a big part of the book, so the main character is over 3000 years old, but biologically/subjectively he's only like 40ish. He's done a lot of space travelling.

My question is... slipspace doesn't have this effect right?

2. A more important question, aimed at anyone whose played Halo 4 or might now it... is bleed through in?

Greenskull is alright. Red Skull is a Douche!

But My God, "Regular Show" is... amazing.
Faith in Humanity is temporarily restored.

Has anyone asked what's 343's most favored MP map in Halo 4 Beta Build?

Haven is fawking gorgeous everytime I watch it! Gawd Damn!

I am just going to add that I had a lot of fun hanging around with Greenskull at PAX Prime.

Risen

That wasn't calling him out... it was a serious question. I have no clue who the kid is, I made fun of him for being an immature tool of a kid using a media outlet to spew a false sense of importance in his own joking manner.

Maybe I'm just grumpy because I'm old and I'm having another birthday this weekend lol. The only thing I know of Greenskull is him being a mouthy little sucker in the pregame lobby I once matched up with on Condemned.

#takesselftooseriously?

Now quit posting and go mix some old woman's meds properly.

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Career/HaloReach/GameHistory?gamerTag=Risen%20GBG#/?game=1038743051&section=Unknown

Akai__

Greenskull is the guy behind Ready Up Live. Basically a halo community site. They're decently big. Really focused on providing casual Halo fun.

He's done some dumb things in the past, called out competetive/mlg in a video, the tweets mentioned, but he's an alright guy, I don't get the hate for him.

1. I've been reading Speaker for the Dead... and the starships in the game aren't FTL capable, or at least I don't think. But they can travel close to light speed. Relativistic effects are a big part of the book, so the main character is over 3000 years old, but biologically/subjectively he's only like 40ish. He's done a lot of space travelling.

2. A more important question, aimed at anyone whose played Halo 4 or might now it... is bleed through in?

If I remember correctly, slipspace travelling was never explained in that contex.

And I think bleedthrough was already confirmed to be in, in the MLG gameplay or atleast someone who analyzed the videos said that. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

1. I don't think so, although things can get wonky when Forerunner crystals are in play :p

2. I haven't played the game yet but I'm 99% sure it is in. You can see it in most recent videos.

2 secondary weapons seems really really low, we already know they at least trailed another primary (the human shotgun) my best is on more unnannouced loadout options.

Secondary

SMG?
Plasma Rifle?
Spiker?
Mauler?
New weapon

2 secondary weapons seems really really low, we already know they at least trailed another primary (the human shotgun) my best is on more unnannouced loadout options.

Secondary

SMG?
Plasma Rifle?
Spiker?
Mauler?
New weapon

I honestly find the lack of one handed weapons automatic weapons extremely odd.

I'm not complaining, because rifle oriented=better gunplay, but it's still very weird.

Risen

Halo tonight? (10pm your time)

----
GG guys, Halo 3 a bit floaty but those colors.

I say this with full knowledge of the future ridicule it will generate, but my daughter's are making me take them to see Big Time Rush in concert... I will definitely need to kill something when I return... just not sure when that will be. Should be in the 10-11 central time.

eh that wouldn't prove much. Grifball and TTL and HaloGAF would get pounded pretty hard by HaloTracker and MLG and the more competitive communities.

You'd have to play vanilla, too, in order to appease the casual communities. I doubt they'd take very well to ZB gametypes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom