• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

Teamsters.

Literally.

I know what you're talking about.

You'd think it would be a priority to give everyone the absolute best set up possible for a game that you are wanting people to like.

Even PAX is guilty of this. A convention created by two gamers.

What was annoying is we got all the TVs in the Halo Freeplay fixed in 2008 and then some herpaderp started changing the settings because "they were wrong". It was the most perfectly set up TV we had in the room, and he just gets up and starts just slamming buttons. I seem to remember that Zeke asked him to leave at that point, because he'd been pulling crap like that and being annoying all night.

Replaces bouncing mechanism with sticky, Grenade Launcher superior for obvious reasons. Never Forget.
20090314023539%21Hood_salute.PNG

Why not have both? :(

hey frankie is there any word on bumper jumper? And can you detonate the sticky gun thing in the air?

They have changed Bumper Jumper from the E3 build. The Sticky Detonator can only be detonated once it sticks to something (player, wall, etc), but cannot be detonated without being stuck to something (Someone correct me if this is wrong).

Also OT, but oh man, GAF tonight. Thread about the next Battlefield beta access with MOH game, basically confirming new Battlefield two years after BF3. DICE has done this for this entire console generation. People post about BF coming out every year now, is now COD. Never change GAF, never change.

JonCha

My personal opinion (I haven't played it, I've only watched films, etc) is that Halo 4's multiplayer will be far better than Reach, but not as good as 3 or 2. Still pretty dang good.

As for campaign, not sure. My hype levels are at a very high level, but we haven't really seen much. I want to keep it that way though, going to try to keep away from any spoilers.

I think hitscan BR is instantly better than Halo 3.

And on the campaign, I did a search for "halo 4 san diego comic con gameplay" on YouTube this morning and got someone recording the scene building up to
Cortana saying "I will not allow you to leave this planet!"

Thanks, dickhead, for recording that. There's a do-not-record message for a reason.

Ryaaan14

Banned

And on the campaign, I did a search for "halo 4 san diego comic con gameplay" on YouTube this morning and got someone recording the scene building up to

Thanks, dickhead, for recording that. There's a do-not-record message for a reason.

Funny, it's been posted in this thread several times.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Dat one magnum ಠ_ಠ

Also, my view of our epic wins. Soooo many assassinations.

http://i.imgur.com/9yNEO.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Christ almighty. Your K/D spreads make me feel like shit considering SWAT is prob my best playlist.

[quote="JonCha, post: 39855897"]Apologies. I thought you were being sarcastic.[/QUOTE]

Tis ok.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Yeah, it got spoiled for me too. :(
Oh well, at least it wasn't something huge.

I played some Crysis 2 multiplayer the other day.
Don't think it'll happen, because of what we've seen so far, but graphics like that tax the hell out of the system. I don't think I hit over 25 FPS the entire time I played.

Fracas

#fuckonami
25 FPS is generous. It was terrible.

At least Halo seems to be running smooth in the videos we've seen.
Felt like we were playing 4 player split screen Halo 2.

I don't even know why split screen was in Halo 1 or 2, the system could not handle 4 people at once. Each player gets like 15 FPS at most.

Voltron64

I'm uploading game 1 of the 343 Vs. HaloGAF matches to youtube right now. It should be done uploading in about 30 minutes if my wifi tethering doesn't get disconnected...

http://youtu.be/YOzYVZt3hd8

Thanks 343i for hosting, and inviting us to this amazing event.

L1NETT

Morning GAF.

Looking forward to the 343 vs Gaf game, smashing f5 ;-)

Also, that Battlefield 4 beta in MOH means I might get it. But I don't want to! Help!

EDIT: It appears the Frostbit engine and BF4 beta access only comes with the Digital Deluxe version. Pass.

Did I miss anything big in about...8 hours?

Voltron64

looks like it might not finish uploading. It's been stuck on 94% for a far too long. It's almost 2GB... I need sleep, i'll try again tomorrow. :/

Woorloog

Banned
Morning GAF.

Also, that Battlefield 4 beta in MOH means I might get it. But I don't want to! Help!

EDIT: It appears the Frostbit engine and BF4 beta access only comes with the Digital Deluxe version. Pass.

What BF4 beta...? EDIT FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Should i go read gaming side?

If we get lucky, we might see aurorae in Helsinki this evening. Need something to keep me awake though, slept way too little last night... at least i didn't see any dreams that would bother me.

Akai__

Morning GAF.

Edit: I think the BF4 beta is either a mistake or a game for the next gen.
Eargasm. That weapon sounds are awesome. Hopefully, it will have the same effect on me for Halo 4 with my A40.

And to answer your question, not really much. There was a 343i vs HaloGAF game and HaloGAF won. Congrats btw.

Woorloog

Banned
Hmm, got 100 leftover MSP... Griffball for avatar would cost 80 MSP... Would be more fitting prop than ME3 Omniblade or the stupid Monitor prop i currently have.
Wonder what else there is... EDIT too bad the Cortana ship and Energy Sword cost so much.

cocamola

Banned
It's defiantly the best looking "Halo" edition console. I love the light blue touches. Thought the Reach one was really grey and boring.

It's a capable weapon and allows for more creativity/opportunities. I was merely questioning the capability of the user. Speaking of cool things you can do with the detonator...Josh said that you can swap to your secondary and have the sticky grenade waiting to go off. So say you shoot the sticky detonator to plant the trap and then swap to your secondary, shoot a guy and bait him into your sticky, then swap to the detonator and bang.

Allows for more creative opportunities compared to what? The pro-pipe? You can detonate the pro-pipe in mid-air, stun a vehicle, disable a Spartan's shields, bounce it, or leave a grenade down on the ground for someone to step on. Can the SD do any of those things? Can you go into a little more detail how? I'm curious. :(

Bring back the pro-pipe.

Allows for more creative opportunities compared to what? The pro-pipe? You can detonate the pro-pipe in mid-air, stun a vehicle, disable a Spartan's shields, bounce it, or leave a grenade down on the ground for someone to step on. Can the SD do any of those things? Can you go into a little more detail how? I'm curious. :(

Bring back the pro-pipe.

You can't just drop a grenade down though. You have to hope it bounces ok enough to lose enough momentum to stop around where you wanted it. It was exceptionally clunky to do.

I'm pretty fond of the UI feedback, as I tend to play with very low sound and no rumble. Clear hit and grenade indication are appreciated.

I wouldn't mind picking up that Halo 4 console to replace my dusty ol' Jasper if it goes on clearance sale for $100 in a year or two.

You can't just drop a grenade down though. You have to hope it bounces ok enough to lose enough momentum to stop around where you wanted it. It was exceptionally clunky to do.

If you had a good feeling about the grenade's bounce, you can do a pretty good job at getting it to rest in the area you want it. But that's still not as good as "sticky grenade" obviously.

The SD is better than the pro-pipe in that area, sure, but I wasn't compiling a list of all the things the pro-pipe does better than the SD. I can't do that. What I was doing was listing all the things the pro-pipe can do, and asking how the SD is more versatile even without all those nuances. He's played the game, I'm having, so I'm curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom