• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdoziz

Banned
The Sticky Detonator is only more useful for a very passive playstyle it seems. Yes, you can stick a grenade to the ground and wait for someone to run over it or stick it to a vehicle and wait from someone to get it, but that doesn't exactly promote fast gameplay. You couldn't really use the Grenade Launcher like that and that's a good thing because it keeps people moving and makes them play more aggressively with it.

I honestly still don't understand what was wrong with the Grenade Launcher that made 343 change it. It's one of the most perfect weapons I've seen in Halo.

So today is a big day right? What will we see? David Ellis told us already about Spartan Ops Panel. Is there more?
No. There is no Spartan Ops panel. David posted that he is part of a panel. To clarify: He is the host of the "“Halo 4”: A New Campaign and “Halo Infinity Multiplayer”" panel. (3:15PM PDT; 6:15PM EDT; 11:15PM BST; 12:15AM CEST) And no, there won't be a live-stream as I am informed. And I am well informed.

Swarmerr

Well anything regarding the events to Halo 4.
Chakas essence takes control of an unknown Unsc ship. The Cryptum observing the Infinity, Halsey being on that Halo in Main menu background.

Honestly, for the last two I have no idea.

Now for the first,
I have a feeling Chakas and the didact (or the big ball thing) will be bumping heads trying to achieve their own objectives. Chakas trying to find/save his friends while the didact possibly trying to uphold the mantle or the librarian's own goals. I don't think that Chakas took over the infinity, for some reason I am envisioning another ship that gets thrown into requiem and then all hell breaks loose. Covenant (whats left of them), crazy ball thing with ai defense, humans, chakas controlled ship. Basically I could see it being a halo 2 style battle, kind of like where the covenant is fighting each other, while the flood is fighting everyone, while us the unsc is fighting the above.

The Sticky Detonator is only more useful for a very passive playstyle it seems. Yes, you can stick a grenade to the ground and wait for someone to run over it or stick it to a vehicle and wait from someone to get it, but that doesn't exactly promote fast gameplay. You couldn't really use the Grenade Launcher like that and that's a good thing because it keeps people moving and makes them play more aggressively with it.

I honestly still don't understand what was wrong with the Grenade Launcher that made 343 change it. It's one of the most perfect weapons I've seen in Halo.

Grenade Launcher is my favorite gun :(
Sticky Detonator seems like a completely defensive weapon whereas the GL could be used in both offensive and defensive encounters.
It was one of the rare power weapons that took skill to use effectively.

Ooh! Is that the Halo 4 headset too?

Any chance someone at the show could get us a better pic of it? Any specs? 5.1?
You know that the pic was taken at the Halo 4 VIP Event? They will announce it at the Halo 4 panel today, if they are already showing at the VIP event. (The console at least)

Shadders

You know that the pic was taken at the Halo 4 VIP Event? They will announce it at the Halo 4 panel today, if they are already showing at the VIP event. (The console at least)

BS Angel said on Twitter that the console will be unveiled today. When I saw the pic I assumed it must be on show now, but I guess it's still pretty early over there.

Woorloog

Banned
WHAT THE FUCK is wrong with these morons who come play Snipers without any idea how to snipe!?! Go practice somewhere else you bastards!
Raargh!
What playlist in Reach i can play solo without having deal with morons... Rumble Pit is out of question because FFA sucks in Reach.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
WHAT THE FUCK is wrong with these morons who come play Snipers without any idea how to snipe!?! Go practice somewhere else you bastards!
Raargh!
What playlist in Reach i can play solo without having deal with morons... Rumble Pit is out of question because FFA sucks in Reach.

wouldnt that be the best playlist to practice sniping?

Woorloog

Banned
wouldnt that be the best playlist to practice sniping?

No because others are playing there seriously.
It would help if the fucking matchmaking would work of course.
But since it doesn't, noobs can stay away.

EDIT and arguably Snipers list isn't good for practicing sniping anyway, as the gameplay is rather different from standard lists. The sniper is used in completly different way in Team Snipers.

AARGH, I WANNA TEAR REACH MM DESINGER TO PIECES! WHO FUCKWAD MADE THE SYSTEM TO MATCH FULL PARTIES AGAINS SOLO PLAYERS!!!

Louis Wu

No.

Yes.

Text is the most descriptive and readable way to do game messages. Of course I'm all for options so that we can disagree and still both be satisfied.
Yesterday, I needed an app that does deinterlacing. I used to use it a lot; haven't had need for it for quite some time. It's a custom tool built by one guy, and I couldn't remember what it was called.

So I scrolled through my Applications folder until I saw the right icon.

(It's called 'JES Deinterlacer'.)

Our brains work well at recognizing graphical images - sometimes it's FASTER than text.

Eh - I like the idea. Don't think it's gonna happen for this go-round... but I like the idea.

Are those Trittons?
Yeah. Check the HBO Event coverage - the latest batch of pics from mastrbiggy contains a couple of nice shots of them (showing both backplates, plus the inner ear cup).

http://halo.bungie.org/eventcoverage/

Akai__

No. There is no Spartan Ops panel. David posted that he is part of a panel. To clarify: He is the host of the "“Halo 4”: A New Campaign and “Halo Infinity Multiplayer”" panel. (3:15PM PDT; 6:15PM EDT; 11:15PM BST; 12:15AM CEST) And no, there won't be a live-stream as I am informed. And I am well informed.

Oh yeah, I read his post wrong. Thanks for clarification. And yeah I know there isn't a live stream.

JonCha

Seriously if you're going to go to a convention and take pictures and do interviews spend some money and do it properly. Having a piece of paper with questions on? lol, come on now.

Talents

Banned
Chief will be 46 when Halo 4 starts.

Born in 2511

Halo 4 stars in 2557

EDIT: Beaten.

Yeah but what about the time he has spent in cryostasis? And does the time he spent in space affect it?

Is that lube for the 'post Halo 4 glow' fap?

I'm gonna say it's hand sanitizer, so they can clean their hands before they touch the controllers.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
No because others are playing there seriously.
It would help if the fucking matchmaking would work of course.
But since it doesn't, noobs can stay away.

EDIT and arguably Snipers list isn't good for practicing sniping anyway, as the gameplay is rather different from standard lists. The sniper is used in completly different way in Team Snipers.

AARGH, I WANNA TEAR REACH MM DESINGER TO PIECES! WHO FUCKWAD MADE THE SYSTEM TO MATCH FULL PARTIES AGAINS SOLO PLAYERS!!!

oh come on, of course thats the best place to practice. blame trueskill and reach matchmaking for matching you with players of lower skill.

Yesterday, I needed an app that does deinterlacing. I used to use it a lot; haven't had need for it for quite some time. It's a custom tool built by one guy, and I couldn't remember what it was called.

So I scrolled through my Applications folder until I saw the right icon.

(It's called 'JES Deinterlacer'.)

Our brains work well at recognizing graphical images - sometimes it's FASTER than text.

Eh - I like the idea. Don't think it's gonna happen for this go-round... but I like the idea.
TF2 had a change in the way it handles scoreboard presentation. It used to show the classes on your team in text, but eventually changed it to represent them in small icons. It was easier to identify at a glance, and took up less space. Little wonder it has a killfeed like the one being proposed.

FMsTO.jpg

a zoojoo

Banned
TF2 had a change in the way it handles scoreboard presentation. It used to show the classes on your team in text, but eventually changed it to represent them in small icons. It was easier to identify at a glance, and took up less space. Little wonder it has a killfeed like the one being proposed.

FMsTO.jpg

I fucking love that game. Something about it is so addictive, i like how encourages team/co-operative play by forcing you into a specific role, like being a medic, and you an protect the heavy, and being a spy while protecting the sniper. The loadout system in Halo 4 is similar to TF2 in that way of encouraging team play.
inb4halopurists activate fireshields

Overdoziz

Banned
I fucking love that game. Something about it is so addictive, i like how encourages team/co-operative play by forcing you into a specific role, like being a medic, and you an protect the heavy, and being a spy while protecting the sniper. The loadout system in Halo 4 is similar to TF2 in that way of encouraging team play.
inb4halopurists activate fireshields
It's not similar at all.

Seriously? The whole game only 2 players had green bars, the rest had red. And strangely the dudes with the green bars won the game easily. No way that we could get a host change no, because for everyone it was alright.

For lazy people:

mastrbiggy pics - click for more (and bigger versions of these).
Edit.: I am stupid. Did not read right.

Similar in the sense of the basic structure of loadouts.
i.e. primary weapon, secondary, etc.
The thing with TF2 is that it actually is class based, every class has its specific ups and downs, purposes and counters. The changes in loadouts that you can make also serve to offer tradeoffs. I don't think Halo 4's loadouts will work in a similarly synergistic manner because you're augmenting the same type of class, everything's mix and matchable.

It's not similar at all.

I kinda see what he is hinting at though.

Take for instance BTB, I can see teams of 8, defining roles within them.

There'll be people with the secondary PP load out to take out vehicles, those using the BR and carbine, and those using the DMR.

Then you have AA's to think about.

Woorloog

Banned
There'll be people with the secondary PP load out to take out vehicles, those using the BR and carbine, and those using the DMR.
Do you see people doing that?
I don't.
Me and my friend do use PP to take out vehicles but other than us (not counting HaloGAFers, i assume you're more intelligent than an average Halo player), i've seen just a few times when someone does that.
I really don't belive that this changes in Halo 4, even if people can choose to start with a PP.

So I was thinking, from that little cutscene we got and some info about spartan ops, we now know that
Cortana was successful when she tried to stop the Infinity from leaving the planet since spartan ops takes place 6 months after Halo 4.

BigShow36

Not aiming related per say, but one thing I have missed since Halo 1 is having a centered reticle.

Absolutely ridiculous that it ever changed. Watch any video of people playing where the reticle is lowered, and one of the first things they do off spawn 90% of the time is look down slightly to get a better sense of whats in front of them. So stupid that it ever changed and hasn't been changed back.

Do you see people doing that?
I don't.
Me and my friend do use PP to take out vehicles but other than us (not counting HaloGAFers, i assume you're more intelligent than an average Halo player), i've seen just a few times when someone does that.
I really don't belive that this changes in Halo 4, even if people can choose to start with a PP.

I think more people would, if they had a PP on them, or are able to freely choose it.

Most don't bother picking it up, or even know where they are on the map.

So I was thinking, from that little cutscene we got and some info about spartan ops, we now know that
Cortana was successful when she tried to stop the Infinity from leaving the planet since spartan ops takes place 6 months after Halo 4.
What?
Cortana could be unsuccessful, and the Infinity leaves the planet. But comes back 6 months later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom