• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm uploading game 1 of the 343 Vs. HaloGAF matches to youtube right now. It should be done uploading in about 30 minutes if my wifi tethering doesn't get disconnected...

http://youtu.be/YOzYVZt3hd8

Thanks 343i for hosting, and inviting us to this amazing event.

looks like it might not finish uploading. It's been stuck on 94% for a far too long. It's almost 2GB... I need sleep, i'll try again tomorrow. :/

Voltron, wake up and re-upload. I want to see this! :p

Absolutely ridiculous that it ever changed. Watch any video of people playing where the reticle is lowered, and one of the first things they do off spawn 90% of the time is look down slightly to get a better sense of whats in front of them. So stupid that it ever changed and hasn't been changed back.

Technically, having a lowered reticle would already give you a better view of what's in front of you.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

It was in the e3 or pre e3 stuff. I remember someone complaining because I pointed it out and someone got their "spoiler" panties in a bunch.

I want to say it was in an interview with frank and he's the one who said it. But it may have been someone else.

Then it seems logical to say Cortana wasn't successful:p

Yeah, and that's what I pointed out when that interview released. I also hypothesized that perhaps
Chief was still on the planet when she did that, and the infinity left, only to return 6 months later. This would further explain why spartan ops is a thing.

Vire

Just woke up to the glorious news that HaloGAF beat 343i.

Well done chaps. Well done.

Wish there was a stream for tonight's panel so bad.

It was in the e3 or pre e3 stuff. I remember someone complaining because I pointed it out and someone got their "spoiler" panties in a bunch.

I want to say it was in an interview with frank and he's the one who said it. But it may have been someone else.

Yeah, and that's what I pointed out when that interview released. I also hypothesized that perhaps
Chief was still on the planet when she did that, and the infinity left, only to return 6 months later. This would further explain why spartan ops is a thing.
Which interview? I only read/watched stuff where 343i said that Spartan Ops played 6 months later after the Campaign.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The Sticky Detonator is only more useful for a very passive playstyle it seems. Yes, you can stick a grenade to the ground and wait for someone to run over it or stick it to a vehicle and wait from someone to get it, but that doesn't exactly promote fast gameplay. You couldn't really use the Grenade Launcher like that and that's a good thing because it keeps people moving and makes them play more aggressively with it.

I honestly still don't understand what was wrong with the Grenade Launcher that made 343 change it. It's one of the most perfect weapons I've seen in Halo.
Too bad I use it for triples every time someone watches me play.

Honestly, for the last two I have no idea.

Now for the first,
I have a feeling Chakas and the didact (or the big ball thing) will be bumping heads trying to achieve their own objectives. Chakas trying to find/save his friends while the didact possibly trying to uphold the mantle or the librarian's own goals. I don't think that Chakas took over the infinity, for some reason I am envisioning another ship that gets thrown into requiem and then all hell breaks loose. Covenant (whats left of them), crazy ball thing with ai defense, humans, chakas controlled ship. Basically I could see it being a halo 2 style battle, kind of like where the covenant is fighting each other, while the flood is fighting everyone, while us the unsc is fighting the above.
Haha I enjoy all of this, but 343 aren't inputting any Flood as far as we know.

Could see that the Didact might forcefully defend the Mantle yet again,
but his past Sins for commiting Genocide on ancient humans is his reason for being in the Cryptum, as well of his banishment for disregarding in activating the Halo Array.
I like to believe he is in search of the Librarian. Idk how his rage quitting will be when facing John after knowing the other installations are beyond repair. Halo 2 style you say? Shiii I hope so! Epic Conflicts Everywhere = Nostalgia Boner.

Stinkles

It's defiantly the best looking "Halo" edition console. I love the light blue touches. Thought the Reach one was really grey and boring.
LEDs are blue, btw, except oddly in Mexico where that kind of blue LED hasn't passed their compliance yet. However on both, the lights play through the translucent gray.

It's defiantly the best looking "Halo" edition console. I love the light blue touches. Thought the Reach one was really grey and boring.

Like Reach. :3

LEDs are blue, btw, except oddly in Mexico where that kind of blue LED hasn't passed their compliance yet. However on both, the lights play through the translucent gray.

Awesome, Really thinking about getting console and LE.. gonna set me back $500 but I got until November so it's k

Stinkles

Also, an inferior product, unless something changed in the last two years.

I just wanna rub that shiny head.

Actually lots of things have changed in the last two years. We love Turtle Beach, Astros and others, and use a big mix in the studio, but these are based on Trtton's brand new tech and build design and are straight beast mode.

Stinkles

So we can we see inside the console?

Yes. And in fact the design relies on that, since some forerunner lines are painted INSIDE the console. I am glad people got to see it in the flesh last night because it is almost impossible to see how the metallics and lights and translusency play off each other in photos. The Trittons also use a translucent plastic to match and we helped design them in concert with the console.

Yes. And in fact the design relies on that, since some forerunner lines are painted INSIDE the console. I am glad people got to see it in the flesh last night because it is almost impossible to see how the metallics and lights and translusency play off each other in photos. The Trittons also use a translucent plastic to match and we helped design them in concert with the console.

Oh snap.

I would love to buy it, but I've been very happy with my elite.

Funny though, I've gone through 5 360's, but only ever had to buy 2.

you know what halo 4 needs, proper tea-bagging
remember in 3, when you bagged someone, the bodies bounce. we need that. reach ruined it for me

How the fuck are you people halfway through an OT this quickly? Oh wait I know...

What time does the panel start today?
No. There is no Spartan Ops panel. David posted that he is part of a panel. To clarify: He is the host of the "“Halo 4”: A New Campaign and “Halo Infinity Multiplayer”" panel. (3:15PM PDT; 6:15PM EDT; 11:15PM BST; 12:15AM CEST) And no, there won't be a live-stream as I am informed. And I am well informed.

Love it.

Especially the love the competitive topics. The Halo fan in me is getting amped, the Competitve player in me is getting amped, Halo 4 is going to be amazing.

My original plan was to have tsquared sub in as me in the Humpday last night, but it's hard to coordinate real time chicanery with straight up witnesses and cameras. But shenanigans in Humpday are an essential trait.

Haha that would've been incredible! Just when people think there is no way your trickery could've made it's way into this Humpday, BAM curveball.

Stinkles

Love it.

Especially the love the competitive topics. The Halo fan in me is getting amped, the Competitve player in me is getting amped, Halo 4 is going to be amazing.
My original plan was to have tsquared sub in as me in the Humpday last night, but it's hard to coordinate real time chicanery with straight up witnesses and cameras. But shenanigans in Humpday are an essential trait.

neoism

thanks Frankie will definitely look at it again.... loved the Reach console... does it make awesome sounds...

Also I'm sure it's too early to say maybe but is there going to be a better booting system in 4 than in Reach I'm taking a long break from Reach because if it?

GhaleonEB

Welp. Caveat now attached to my initial take on the design. I need to see this babby in person.

Omni

Okay... I'm intrigued.

Shadders

Hey Frank, what's the chances of getting the LE put in with the console? I tend to buy each version for the boxes so it's no odds to me, but it forces a lot of people to choose one or the other.

Seems more consumer friendly to give people everything in one box. :)

BigShow36

Technically, having a lowered reticle would already give you a better view of what's in front of you.

Depends on what you mean by "lowered reticle." The way its done in Halo games, where the reticle is in the lower portion of the screen but your view starts on the horizon means that you actually see less of what's immediately in front of you.

The players move their reticle down right when they spawn because they can't see as much in front of them as they need to.

To better explain what's going on, don't think of the reticle as being moved down, think of your tv frame and viewpoint moving slighty up while the retilce remains in place. That's what they've done.

Depends on what you mean by "lowered reticle." The way its done in Halo games, where the reticle is in the lower portion of the screen but your view starts on the horizon means that you actually see less of what's immediately in front of you.

The players move their reticle down right when they spawn because they can't see as much in front of them as they need to.

To better explain what's going on, don't think of the reticle as being moved down, think of your tv frame and viewpoint moving slighty up while the retilce remains in place. That's what they've done.

Well that's silly.

Anyway, am I correct in understanding that today's panel isn't exclusively SpOps, but also regular multiplayer?

If so, that's HUGE.

https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/224182640641716224
iKv5D7cV8HqDS.jpg

JonCha

I thought so.

I'm definitely buying the console, so thanks Frank. Not buying the headsets though as I'd prefer to spend money on proper headphones.

Omni

Hey Frank, what's the chances of getting the LE put in with the console? I tend to buy each version for the boxes so it's no odds to me, but it forces a lot lots lot of people to choose one or the other.

Seems more consumer friendly to give people everything in one box. :)

This. I've preordered the limited edition and I want the console, but I don't want a random standard edition copy of Halo 4 that just collects dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom