• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seconded. Playing pro variants is my favorite gametype that comes up in Reach. Natural selection tells me to learn situational awareness or die trying.

Also, SWAT. Can we get a tiny, insignificant, baby hint if SWAT will be making an appearance?

It'll be in the launch Team Slayer playlist then will get its own playlist within 3 months. These things are cyclical schee.

Good God Countdown is a horrifying map. Played a game earlier: a morass of double beatdowns, sword deaths, shotgun deaths and grenade deaths. Literally all my deaths were from one of those listed; not a single player bothered to use a precision weapon against me. Fucking toxic smog from satan's bumhoop. One of the worst MM maps in Halo history. On a different level of evil that The Cage could ever hope to be.

Also

>7777 credits for a weekly nearly two years into the games lifespan.

Which sparkast is this in?

I swear I listened to the one where Frank talks about Spongebob.

Me too.
If you want to download the sparkast without using itunes or other programs.

btw. it is completely new and about Spartan Ops:
"Here's the second of our kinda sorta Comic Con-themed Sparkast. In this episode, David Ellis and Frank O'Connor welcome Chris Haluke, Greg Murphy and Josh Holmes on to talk about the past, present and future of Spartan Ops, our ongoing episode co-operative campaign launching as part of Halo 4."

Which sparkast is this in?

I swear I listened to the one where Frank talks about Spongebob.

Me too.

They only talk about it very briefly, but in a way that makes it seem like less of a grind.

Also, where did Frank call out Over? I didn't hear it. I heard him call out those of us complaining about bumper jumper.

Holy shit it sucks living in the Midwest. Nothing ever happens here. If I want to go to one of these events I have to travel and shit. ugh lol.

I still don't have it as bad as Aussies

It'll be in the launch Team Slayer playlist then will get its own playlist within 3 months. These things are cyclical schee.

Good God Countdown is a horrifying map. Played a game earlier: a morass of double beatdowns, sword deaths, shotgun deaths and grenade deaths. Literally all my deaths were from one of those listed; not a single player bothered to use a precision weapon against me. Fucking toxic smog from satan's bumhoop. One of the worst MM maps in Halo history. On a different level of evil that The Cage could ever hope to be.

Also

agreed. it's such a clusterfuck.

It was actually really depressing when I went to the midnight release of Mortal Kombat. They had a little tent setup inside with the game on display, and literally one person was playing it, and they weren't even there to buy the game. I waited 10 minutes for them to place the copies on shelves, picked up the first one, and paid for it all alone. The cashier was like "Here is a poster for being one of the first to purchase. :_\" My guess is they were giving those posters out throughout the next 24 hours based on how few people seemed to care about the game.

Mass Effect 3, same exact thing except no display, and no poster.

Shitty town, shitty release nights.

I went to the midnight release of Reach and it was bustling, the anticipation in the air palpable. 45 minute wait. Your Mortal Kombat story does indeed sound pretty depressing, I can't imagine how lonely I'd feel buying a game at midnight, alone, which nobody cares about. Have to say I lol'd.

Nutduster

Neo Member
Holy shit it sucks living in the Midwest. Nothing ever happens here. If I want to go to one of these events I have to travel and shit. ugh lol.

Where do you live exactly? I'm in Indianapolis and it seems like a few places around here do midnight releases and whatnot, though I don't bother with them.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

I agree, as I'm in the Midwest. Thus why I travel to PAX when I actually have some cash.

Until 343 hires me, come on Frank.
:p

Also

Countdown is all like, "Hey, remember Construct?!" and you're like, "YEAH!! Good map!" and then Countdown is like, "AWESOME, because I'm a worse version of it!" and you're like, "Oh."

daedalius

Yea, it is very shitty.

Kansas City for the lose.

Where do you live exactly? I'm in Indianapolis and it seems like a few places around here do midnight releases and whatnot, though I don't bother with them.

At least you live where Gencon is :p

Louis Wu

It's really hard to read scores from Bravo's video of the HBO/GAF vs 343 game... but as far as I can tell, he (Bravo) pulled more than 300 of the 600 winning points in the second game. (21 kills, at least 8 more than ANYONE else in the game.)

That is: there wouldn't have BEEN a third game without the pro ringer. :)

What if I throw an EMP grenade/ Pro. nade at PV users, will that cause Distortion to their AA?

Or even using PP charge against PV users.

Probably would look cool when your under water.

Edits and more edits.

Tawpgun

We know regular slayer has random weapon drops (still mad) but will it have point scoring too?

Point scoring is just kinda cloudy, a team isn't just 3 kills away from victory, they could be 1 assisted assassination away etc.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
It's really hard to read scores from Bravo's video of the HBO/GAF vs 343 game... but as far as I can tell, he (Bravo) pulled more than 300 of the 600 winning points in the second game. (21 kills, at least 8 more than ANYONE else in the game.)

Nope, that was me.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Everything is proceeding exactly as I have foreseen.

You guys with your travel problem. tztztz. You know what's frustrating? To pay for a trip and later finding out that you could have won the trip in a contest with only ~7 participants.

And I learnt that I never will trust a travel agent anymore.

You are states away from Comic-Con and RTX..

Closest for me is a 15 hour drive from Michigan.

I love how no one realizes how big Texas and New Mexico actually are.

I just looked. 10 hours from here to Dallas (remember this is without delays/traffic issues) and 11 (minimum) from here to San Diego. Might as well be 15 hours (not that much more) especially when you consider that I have one of these job things and would have to take multiple days of leave just for the travel alone. Flying would be a bit faster, but still...

To give some perspective, in both scenarios, 4-ish hours at the beginning of each trip, I'm *still in the same state*. AND, if I do fly, the nearest airport is 1.5 hours away anyway.

Shit sucks, man.

daedalius

But... Jack Stack...

The BBQ makes it more tolerable, yes ;)

I love how no one realizes how big Texas and New Mexico actually are.

I just looked. 10 hours from here to Dallas (remember this is without delays/traffic issues) and 11 (minimum) from here to San Diego. Might as well be 15 hours (not that much more) especially when you consider that I have one of these job things and would have to take multiple days of leave just for the travel alone. Flying would be a bit faster, but still...

To give some perspective, in both scenarios, 4-ish hours at the beginning of each trip, I'm *still in the same state*. AND, if I do fly, the nearest airport is 1.5 hours away anyway.

Shit sucks, man.

Wow I'm closer to Dallas than you, and I'm 2 states away :p

Well if he had 21 kills, he would have been responsible for 210 points of the team score. :p
We know regular slayer has random weapon drops (still mad) but will it have point scoring too?

Point scoring is just kinda cloudy, a team isn't just 3 kills away from victory, they could be 1 assisted assassination away etc.

Again, Halo 4 as a seperation of team and individual scoring (COD is a perfect example). The only thing that impacts team score in both infinity slayer and regular slayer is kills. 10 points for a kill, that's it. Individually you get points for all sorts of shit, which gives you an individual score, and obviously impacts the amount of xp/points/cr/spartan points/space bucks you get in the investment system.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Favorite Halogaffer, and least favorite (besides Dax).
Well every Halogaffer is awesome.
Plywood
There is no least favorite Halogaffer.
711103imoliviawildeanx0k7d.gif

Sucking up will get you everywhere with me.

Except the team scoring system only counts kills. That was basically team slayer to 60 kills.

EDIT: aaaand beaten.

lybertyboy

You surprised me, I didn't think you were a competitive player. You were aggressive, calculated and making call outs. Probably one the best matches of Halo 4 I've played. Also dat carbine!

That's my Achilles heal. I'm usually TOO aggressive.

You can witness my stupidity in action starting at 4:08 in this video if you can get it to play. I'm the red guy dropping down.

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/15688

lybertyboy

David Ellis: unexpectedly good.

Not that I thought you were bad or anything.

Let's be honest here, I'm average at best. I have good games here and there, sure, but over the long run, I don't hold a candle to the best* here on NeoGAF.

*You know who you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom