• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

Jackals look awesome to me. More menacing. Hopefully it makes them stick out more, because in the past you could never really see what they looked like on account of them being behind a shield most of the time.

Yeah, well, Bioware managed to that as well (though more completly). ME3 ending destroyed the whole series in my eyes. And i'm not touching any future titles by them (CnC Generals 2 being exception but only because the dev team was just rebranded as "BioWare").
I'm still giving Destiny a small chance. BioWare, none.

I am sorry to hear that. Mass Effect 3 is a fantastic game.

Yeah, well, Bioware managed to that as well (though more completly). ME3 ending destroyed the whole series in my eyes. And i'm not touching any future titles by them (CnC Generals 2 being exception but only because the dev team was just rebranded as "BioWare").
I'm still giving Destiny a small chance. BioWare, none.

Mass Effect 3 wasn't Bioware's first massive fuck up.

daedalius

wDDB8.jpg

I am. Gaf is filled with designers, or at least professional whiners; I shouldn't be surprised.

They change it, you clowns bitch.

They don't change it, you bitch because its 'omg you just took this straight from Reach!'

A whole new art team wants to redesign shit, holy fucking captain obvious.

I think most of the bitching about not changing comes from things people want changed like technical aspects:
Forge/Theater upgrades
60fps

Then most of the change, graphics, aesthetical nonsense is being changed. Which is pointless crap in terms of gameplay.

You don't really stare at a game like you do a piece of art. Its more interactive. The flow of the game the motion is what we enjoy its gotta be smooth, fluid, make sense to the player, and feel good. Theres a word I'm looking for but I've forgot what it was.

Woorloog

Banned
I am sorry to hear that. Mass Effect 3 is a fantastic game.

ME3 is good till halfway. Then it start getting worse. And finally the fucking ending ruins the whole series.

Mass Effect 3 wasn't Bioware's first massive fuck up.

If you're referring to Dragon Age 2, i disagree, a bit. Like DA2 considerably more than Dragon Age Origins.
Which is not much really. I prefer DA2's style to DAO but neither one is that good game in my eyes. They're among the few i regret a bit i bothered to buy.

EDIT still not understanding why i bought SWTOR. Guess i needed something to replace WoW badly.

ZalinKrow

Are there any good pics of the new Scout helmet around? I've been wanting to change my avatar on here for a while now, and I was hoping to use that new helmet in it. I just can't find any decent pictures of it :/

Havok

I am. Gaf is filled with designers, or at least professional whiners; I shouldn't be surprised.
image.php

Give me a break, dude. You can post all the whatever.gifs you want, it doesn't mean people can't have opinions.
Actually, I'm pretty sure they are complaining about a new art team redesigning an enemy/anything/everything.
Or maybe they just don't like the new designs. People aren't complaining about the environment art, they aren't complaining about every single piece of anything, they're complaining about a few very specific redesigns that they dislike. It doesn't mean that they hate everything, and if it does and they're that kind of person, then you should have gotten over your need to reply to every single post they create by now. Get over it already.

They don't change it, you bitch because its 'omg you just took this straight from Reach!'

The trick is to take the good things from the previous games and don't change them in the next one and change the bad things from the previous games so they won't be in the next iteration.

I think the Jackel ls looked great in Reach and didn't need such a drastic altering. I was on the fence with the Elites and Grunts but I can clearly say that I don't like tge Jackel's desigb from those pictures. For me, it's one of the changes that weren't needed, much like the UI. They were already great in Reach.

ME3 is good till halfway. Then it start getting worse. And finally the fucking ending ruins the whole series.

If you're referring to Dragon Age 2, i disagree, a bit. Like DA2 considerably more than Dragon Age Origins.
Which is not much really. I prefer DA2's style to DAO but neither one is that good game in my eyes. They're among the few i regret a bit i bothered to buy.

EDIT still not understanding why i bought SWTOR. Guess i needed something to replace WoW badly.

Dragon Age 2 was a dumbed down version of Dragon Age
Mass Effect was a dumbed down version of KOTOR
Mass Effect 2 was a dumbed down version of Mass Effect
Mass Effect 3 was a dumbed down version of Mass effect 2
The Old Republic was a steamy pile of...
Yeah.
In my opinion Bioware has been on a decline for a long time. If you enjoy the games that's fine, I'm not going to argue with you about something that is completely opinion.

I think that's being a bit unfair, though I'm not sure who you're including as "clowns." I don't see anything wrong with importing a particular design because you don't want to mess with it. On the other end, I don't mind changing the look of things if I think the end result looks better than the original.

It's kind of hard because 343 wants their own look for the universe, so when it comes to the designs of weapons, aliens, vehicles and such, they may require tweaking in order to better fit that look. The results of that can be many things. For me it's been mixed. I don't like the look of the Elites, Grunts, Jackals, the BR, the Chief. I do like the look of the Carbine, Cortana, the AR, and the Needler. I don't like the Chief's new armor, and I still think the Mark VI would be a better fit from the footage I've seen, but from that same footage I'll admit I like the armor more in context and the design of it makes more sense.

daedalius

I think most of the bitching about not changing comes from things people want changed like technical aspects:
Forge/Theater upgrades
60fps

Then most of the change, graphics, aesthetical nonsense is being changed. Which is pointless crap in terms of gameplay.

You don't really stare at a game like you do a piece of art. Its more interactive. The flow of the game the motion is what we enjoy its gotta be smooth, fluid, make sense to the player, and feel good. Theres a word I'm looking for but I've forgot what it was.

Actually, I'm pretty sure they are complaining about a new art team redesigning an enemy/anything/everything.

Seance

Banned
Can Biggy or Domino confirm that Hologram is the same? "I thought I read somewhere" that your reticle now turns red when you aim at a hologram. If an enemies HUD behaves the same way it would if it was me in front of him instead of my hologram, I am much more likely to take Hologram.

Shame on you.
I believe aim assist will track a hologram now. Just my observation.

Woorloog

Banned
Mass Effect was a dumbed down version of KOTOR

Never understood this argument. Different universe, different game. There was no relation beetween those two, not enough even to call ME a spiritual successor to KOTOR.

Also, ME3 is arguably refined version (gameplay-wise) of ME2. With some missteps.

Old jackals always looked silly.

New jackals look dangerous and from what we've seen, animate very well. Looks good to me.

Isn't this kindof the point? This isn't Bungie's Halo.

Honestly I think if it was a completely new enemy it would be fine, but I don't like that they are completely redesigning things for no reason. Small changes are fine, but huge redesigns are not.

Reach was bad enough to some people that they won't consider another Bungie title again? Damn, that sucks.
That's ridiculous. I get people that say it strayed too far from classic Halo for them, but objectively, (as with every Halo game) it's an amazing game with a relatively short list of flaws.

People can really lose perspective when they get in so deep.

Never understood this argument. Different universe, different game. There was no relation beetween those two, not enough even to call ME a spiritual successor to KOTOR.

Also, ME3 is arguably refined version (gameplay-wise) of ME2. With some missteps.
The gameplay was refined, but the exploration was thrown away and the RPG elements were dumbed down even more than they were in ME2. Opinions are opinions though, maybe we should get back to Halo...

Tawpgun

There's re-designing, and then there's designing a whole new creature that looks contrary to what that creature is SUPPOSE to look like.

The grunt was fine. So they added another toe and made his face stupid. Whatever.

This is completely different. If it didn't have the shield I would have said NEW COVIE SPECIES CONFIRMED.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
All I'm saying is that fairly civil criticisms were being discussed and you just come around and lambast us.
Actually, I'm pretty sure they are complaining about a new art team redesigning an enemy.
All I hear is about 343 wants to make the fiction matter and then they redesign an enemy to look nothing like its predecessors, the only reason we know it's a jackal is because of its attire and posture. The face as I said earlier looks like it was dipped in acid. Does not make me think jackal at all.

Woorloog

Banned
The gameplay was refined, but the exploration was thrown away and the RPG elements were dumbed down even more than they were in ME2. Opinions are opinions though, maybe we should get back to Halo...

Arguably the dumped down exploration is justfiable in ME3, after all the Reaper invasion is ongoing... Oh well, time's never been an issue in BW games before, so no reason not to include exploration really. Really missing that in the single player...

Hmm. This reminds me, a friend once noted he would have liked Halo if were more RPG-like like Mass Effect.
Would people here like Halo RPG/Action RPG? Spin-off of course.

Arguably the dumped down exploration is justfiable in ME3, after all the Reaper invasion is ongoing... Oh well, time's never been an issue in BW games before, so no reason not to include exploration really.

Hmm. This reminds me, a friend once noted he would have liked Halo if were more RPG-like like Mass Effect.

I would love a Halo RPG with space exploration, I have been wanting one for a while.

Arguably the dumped down exploration is justfiable in ME3, after all the Reaper invasion is ongoing... Oh well, time's never been an issue in BW games before, so no reason not to include exploration really. Really missing that in the single player...

I would. I actually have the whole settings of it thought out already. My Halo RPG would be soooooo awesome :p

When Overdoz1z said he sometimes wished Bungie was making Halo 4, it finally dawned on me that I'm very, very glad Bungie isn't making the game. I'm not saying they wouldn't do a good job or anything, but I think by this point my anticipation for them to do a new game would've outweighed my excitement for another Halo game from them. I could be completely wrong on that because we're going down this path, and hindsight is 20/20, but that's how I feel.

For better or worse, I'm glad Bungie moved on. I'm really want to see them do something new. I can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom