• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when are you guys interested in doing this swag thing? The sooner the better as I leave on the 30th. Otherwise it will be a long wait.

-3 ONI patches
-FUD Poster (unsigned)
-Female Reach xxs shirt signed by bsagnel, Bonnie Ross, and Alison Stroll (it has been worn, but hasn't been washed to preserve signatures)
-Halo TOR bag.

Swag thing?
This

hNKTY.jpg

So when are you guys interested in doing this swag thing? The sooner the better as I leave on the 30th. Otherwise it will be a long wait.

-3 ONI patches
-FUD Poster (unsigned)
-Female Reach xxs shirt signed by bsagnel, Bonnie Ross, and Alison Stroll (it has been worn, but hasn't been washed to preserve signatures)

Are you doing international shipping for this?

Damned if they do, Damned if they don't

Its basically like this:

Graphical update = OK

Redesign = WTF? Why?

Thats all. Just because you have a bunch of incredibly talented artists that CAN draw new stuff doesn't mean they MUST. Every studio has a fuckload of talented artists. You're a talented artist you should think about this stuff.

Why does it make sense for shit to change? How is this explained in canon? Why did they decide to change this over other things? See. Theres lots of questions. It just doesn't seem worth it.

I really like the new jackal design. It looks much closer to the jurassic park velociraptors now. Which is kind of a direction i wanted them to go in for the design. Also seems closer to the skirmishers as well.

Trey

That's ridiculous. I get people that say it strayed too far from classic Halo for them, but objectively, (as with every Halo game) it's an amazing game with a relatively short list of flaws.

People can really lose perspective when they get in so deep.

Yeah, I was thinking of this. From a purely consumer perspective, Reach was a rather good product. Feature rich, competent game with a relatively healthy community. No scandals or anti-consumer policies. It's a reach (ahem) to denounce a very good developer just because you didn't quite like one game, but it's ultimately his/her money.

There's re-designing, and then there's designing a whole new creature that looks contrary to what that creature is SUPPOSE to look like.

The grunt was fine. So they added another toe and made his face stupid. Whatever.

This is completely different. If it didn't have the shield I would have said NEW COVIE SPECIES CONFIRMED.

All I'm saying is that fairly civil criticisms were being discussed and you just come around and lambast us.

All I hear is about 343 wants to make the fiction matter and then they redesign an enemy to look nothing like its predecessors, the only reason we know it's a jackal is because of its attire and posture. The face as I said earlier looks like it was dipped in acid. Does not make me think jackal at all.

Looks like a jackal to me. What are the iconic features of the jackal? A long, reptilian head, bony frame, plumes/scales and a shield. Checks out.

For better or worse, I'm glad Bungie moved on. I'm really want to see them do something new. I can't wait.

Should be great stuff.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO CALM THE FUCK DOWN!!!!11!
does that workfu?

No, this is the only time HaloGAF is interesting outside of news.

Its basically like this:

Graphical update = OK

Redesign = WTF? Why?

Thats all. Just because you have a bunch of incredibly talented artists that CAN draw new stuff doesn't mean they MUST.
I can't imagine how much it would suck to be hired on as an artist for a new take on Halo and be forced to adhere to old designs. I guess it comes down to what people consider to be sacred design elements and whats open to reinterpretation, but we're not all going to agree on just what those are.

I really like the new jackal design. It looks much closer to the jurassic park velociraptors now. Which is kind of a direction i wanted them to go in for the design. Also seems closer to the skirmishers as well.

How does making them more lizard like make them look more like the birds that are Skirmishers.

Woorloog

Banned
I would love a Halo RPG with space exploration, I have been wanting one for a while.
Ironically, despite me asking this, i myself wouldn't like Halo RPG. Considered various Halo RPG ideas but disgarded them for reason or another.

Also seems closer to the skirmishers as well.

Now that you mention that, they do resemble Skirmishers a bit. Sort of bridging the gap beetween Jackals and Skirmishers.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

-3 ONI patches
-FUD Poster (unsigned)
-Halo TOR bag.

I'd love a patch for my new bag. Would work perfectly!

B wzy

Neo Member
Its basically like this:

Graphical update = OK

Redesign = WTF? Why?

Thats all. Just because you have a bunch of incredibly talented artists that CAN draw new stuff doesn't mean they MUST. Every studio has a fuckload of talented artists. You're a talented artist you should think about this stuff.

Why does it make sense for shit to change? How is this explained in canon? Why did they decide to change this over other things? See. Theres lots of questions. It just doesn't seem worth it.

Just because they havn't answered your questions, doesn't mean they don't have answers. I don't understand how objecting so rigidly to their concepts is going to help you enjoy their game. They havn't really explained their intent, and I'm kinda open to innocent until proven guilty.

daedalius

Its basically like this:

Graphical update = OK

Redesign = WTF? Why?

But can't you see these designers want to redesign everything, to show they are making it and its not the same as the old team. No they don't need to, but they will (actually if they didn't redesign a bunch of shit everyone would just bitch it was lifted from reach)

So like I said, damned if they do and damned if they don't. I can personally see exactly why they are choosing to redesign a lot of things, and of course this also has a lot to do with the art director's vision; and the art director happened to spend a lot of time designing monsters for doom. I'm a fan, but obviously some are not.

So I suppose I'll do trivia like Ghaleon. Some easy, some not. I'll be doing them at random times to give more people a chance. I might ask the first question within the next 5-10 mins.

Ramirez

The Jackal looks fine to me, people trippin' over nothing. Like any of you are going to throw your controllers down in disgust on the 6th because the jackal doesn't have a beak, lol.

Wow, I had completely forgotten about Skirmishers, talk about a throw away enemy.

But can't you see these designers want to redesign everything, to show they are making it and its not the same as the old team. No they don't need to, but they will (actually if they didn't redesign a bunch of shit everyone would just bitch it was lifted from reach)

So like I said, damned if they do and damned if they don't. I can personally see exactly why they are choosing to redesign a lot of things, and of course this also has a lot to do with the art director's vision; and the art director happened to spend a lot of time designing monsters for doom. I'm a fan, but obviously some are not.

Nobody bitches when other series get picked up by some one else and keep visual consistency, in fact it is always a point of praise that they can keep it consistent.

Overdoziz

Banned
When Overdoz1z said he sometimes wished Bungie was making Halo 4, it finally dawned on me that I'm very, very glad Bungie isn't making the game. I'm not saying they wouldn't do a good job or anything, but I think by this point my anticipation for them to do a new game would've outweighed my excitement for another Halo game from them. I could be completely wrong on that because we're going down this path, and hindsight is 20/20, but that's how I feel.

For better or worse, I'm glad Bungie moved on. I'm really want to see them do something new. I can't wait.
To clarify; I really don't want Bungie to make Halo 4 but it seems that 343 is taking certain aspects of the Bungie's games and changing them not to make them better but just to be different. In my opinion the new design of some stuff don't exactly seem like an improvement and especially not a "natural evolution".

Not that I particularly care that much about what Grunts, Jackals and the like look like but I just wanted to mention it.

a zoojoo

Banned
HaloSensitiveGAF does.

Fixed that for you.
For real, 343 is trying to put there one spin on the series while they are still bound by what their predecessors have done. They rightfully claim artistic liscense, besides, it's too late in the dev cycle to change anything.

Trey

Daedalius, not even the loudest dissenter will care what Jackals looks like in Halo 4 once the game releases. Relax, bro, it's just opinions man.

What the fuck, beaten by Ram? On psuedo-defending H4? Shameful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom