• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Back from a a long day out and about; been gone about eight hours and you guys cranked out several hundred posts. Good lord. (I finally managed to catch The Avengers in theaters, woo.)

I miss anything exciting?

GGs franklin and breg. Valhalla is my worst map. :(
Good games gentleMonster Balls. Halo 3 has aged better than I thought it would...low player count and crappy net code were not a surprise however. We should do it again tomorrow.

@Blue Squad: your cowardly soldiers were helpful Distractions +10 while my most brave marines battled for the prize. Thank you for your help.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Back from a a long day out and about; been gone about eight hours and you guys cranked out several hundred posts. Good lord. (I finally managed to catch The Avengers in theaters, woo.)

I miss anything exciting?

Seems like a few people got your packages in the mail from the giveaway. :_)

really?

Airbnb.com hooks up people with free space in their house/apartment with folks who need space.

It's awesome, a long time coming, and should be HUGELY used by this community.

Thanks for posting this (two days ago), could be very useful for extending my PAX trip.

I'm staying at a hotel two blocks from the convention center Thursday through Sunday, but my friend that used his travel points to book the room is leaving Sunday evening. I'd prefer staying in Seattle for at least another day*, maybe two, but I need to find somewhere to stay starting Sunday night. Hopefully I can find a place to crash (or someone to split a room with) but if nothing else I can try out this Airbnb thing!

*My favorite part of PAX East this year (aside from the HaloGAF meetup of course) was Sunday night; dinner with a huge group of chatty Halo fans followed by a badass action movie with Mig. Wandering around Boston with Grim, Rukizzel, Hyper, etc. the next day was pretty great too. I don't want to miss out on that kind of impromptu fun at Prime.

I still find it hilarious how you walked in on us once on live.

I'm the unsung hero of GAF chronologically. For starters:

-Walked in on you two BEFORE the switch to timedog was official and everyone thought it was a joke post.

-Arguably predicted the Railgun, Storm Rifle, Scattershot, and Light Rifle (albeit the last two were predicted in human/UNSC equivalents) but ultimately never got called out. The only reason I haven't elaborated on this is because I'm waiting to see what else I end up predicting.

-Make jokes about some of 343's new stuff drawing similarities to Metroid Prime: Hunters? Turns out they took the Sniper from the damn game in an almost identical fashion.

I don't care about redesigns, I care about artists adding too many superfluous elements to multiplayer maps in an attempt to tell a story with the setting. I like smooth walls and bright colors. Huge, convoluted maps with lots of detail are very impressive to reviewers when they play the game for 4 hours this November, the problem is how those maps hold up 2 years after release. Less is more.
Dude, you should really just go play Quake Live or something. Halo is never going to be or go back to what you want it to be, and I'm willing to bet money on that.

It doesn't really matter that it is still a "Lizard Bird", it still doesn't look like a Jackal and that annoys the crap out of me. I think a good example of a series Halo could learn a lot from in terms of visual consistency is Star Wars.
You can't be serious. The prequels and the original trilogy barely even look like they're in the same universe, with a few exceptions (Clone Troopers)

Regarding your spoiler:
Her death isn't forced. There are certain things that you can do to prevent it. And afaik, there are only 2 major characters(Mordin and someone on Rannoch, if you haven't gotten there yet) that have death forced upon them through the story(and imo they were 2 of the best characters).
Only had Thane, Mordin and Legion die on me (after I united the Geth and the Quarians). I pretty much had the best outcome for everything in my playthrough, except Kelly Chambers. :(
I finished the game for the first time not too long ago and I had a blast, and I avoided all the meltdowns since I didn't beat it until after the Extended Cut was out. Great game.

CyReN

Who's your webhost?

Joan-Rivers-Go-Daddy-Commercial.jpg

Switching at the end of the month, can't believe people do this stuff still.

Havok

Good games, YourExWife/Ryaaaaaaaaaan/daedaliulius/Striker/not mastrbiggy.

A recruit with one game under his belt was the best random we had all night.

Havok

The Mayans were right.

How great would it be, if you were on a team that just needed one random, if the game gave you a choice of 3 players and you picked your own random based on name alone?
I would always go for the ones that were obviously randomly generated by xbox live, like one of my silver accounts, UnityGlobe26. At least I think that's the number.

It's goddamn nonsense and I love it.

More ME3 spoilers:
I know for certain that if she was your love interest in the 2nd game and you said you still wanted to be with her in 3, then she'll survive. The other ways I believe are talking to her all 3 times on the Citadel. There might be another way if you have a high enough Paragon/Renegade at Sanctuary, but I'm not sure on that one.

Hemm actually
You had to do her Loyalty mission in ME2 and talk to her in ME3 after the Tessia events that you faced Kai Leng so she will be more prepared before going to santuary and survives the attack

Fracas

#fuckonami
Good games gentleMonster Balls. Halo 3 has aged better than I thought it would...low player count and crappy net code were not a surprise however. We should do it again tomorrow.

I missed this?! Aw. :(

If you guys are on tomorrow, I can play. Also Aggro, I got a copy of Borderlands.

The conversation has moved on a long way since the talk about ordnance drops but I do get the feeling that everyone will just use power ups, after all if you call in a weapon, use it once and die its hardly a benefit, a power up seems like the smarter option. Does that mean we will potentially see less snipers etc?

I think to counter this they made them random which potentially annoys me more, why should the guy on the other team get a game changing power boost or fun weapon like the sniper while I get a less interesting set of options? That lottery element is really going to annoy me, I can tell already lol.

lawful

Banned
You know Anonymous isn't a thing... right?

Tell that to Sony/AT&T/Tom Cruise/Bank of America

Regardless, I did a quick sweeping the bowels of the web to see if THC was a hot topic. Why it would is beyond me, I would assume /b/-tards to be pros at Halo and subscribe to that stuff. But nope no chatter. I asked and was told to produce my own breasts or otherwise vacate the area with haste.

Ramirez

Reminded once again why I want jetpack nuked from the universe. Take an excellent map such as Beaver Creek, and it goes from an A+ map to an F with the inclusion of jetpack, so stupid...

Fracas

#fuckonami
Reminded once again why I want jetpack nuked from the universe. Take an excellent map such as Beaver Creek, and it goes from an A+ map to an F with the inclusion of jetpack, so stupid...
Out of all my concerns for Halo 4 multiplayer, Jetpack and Camo returning are my biggest ones. Absolutely breaks maps in the blink of an eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom