• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Only time I'm having fun on Sword Base is when I'm at the top of green lift with a sword and shotgun. Derps see a guy go up, hear a sword swing/shotgun fire, and they think "huh, guess it's safe now". Occasionally, they'll throw a grenade to "clear" the area out. Then they go up.

It's so ridiculous. It's like it's magic.

Out of all my concerns for Halo 4 multiplayer, Jetpack and Camo returning are my biggest ones. Absolutely breaks maps in the blink of an eye.

Likewise. Curiously, they are the two they haven't dared show the public yet. I'm still struggling to see how they can balance camo. Pls tell me there's no more radar jammer. Standing still to go full invis is retrograde to the pace of the game.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Likewise. Curiously, they are the two they haven't dared show the public yet. I'm still struggling to see how they can balance camo. Pls tell me there's no more radar jammer. Standing still to go full invis is retrograde to the pace of the game.

I've got to say, I absolutely hate the way the game has been shown thus far.

-Official unveiling in March, only stuff shown is "classic" halo, no AA's/ordinance/etc. Everyone is hyped for the return of classic halo

-A month later: Ordinance! Random Weapon Drops! Unlock system!

If I wasn't curious to try the new changes, I'd almost call that a bait and switch.
Also, I do wonder why camo/jetpack hasn't made an appearance yet. Same for the railgun. Maybe they were cut? I doubt it though.

Striker

Out of all my concerns for Halo 4 multiplayer, Jetpack and Camo returning are my biggest ones. Absolutely breaks maps in the blink of an eye.

Regen Field is another, although if it is Spartan Ops exclusive then that's fine. I am worried about that as much as camo and jetpack.

Pop

When are we going to get to see the auto turret and regen in action. I'm itching for some more info on H4.

Seance

Banned
Why couldn't camo just have been brought back as a powerup next to OS?

um.. its.. like...because..........................................................................................................................................................horses.
casuals

I wish they would make it an ordinance. Then 343 could make it powerful again. Reach's camo is retarded for so many reasons.

um.. its.. like...because..........................................................................................................................................................horses.
casuals

I wish they would make it an ordinance. Then 343 could make it powerful again. Reach's camo is retarded for so many reasons.

Reach's camo encourages players to sit still, thats the problem.

Pop

Doubt flag juggling will be in. [edit] (by default)

Flag throwing, however...

Now we can at least play baseball with the oddball now. And run around with the flag in our left hands while we carry a pistol in our right. Just like how Halo was intended. Right guys...

Slaker117

I'm not sold on the whole pistol/flag thing either, but oddball throwing actually seems interesting. I was never much for oddball, but this seems like it could add some fun fluidity and clever tactics.

FyreWulff

I'm not sold on the whole pistol/flag thing either, but oddball throwing actually seems interesting. I was never much for oddball, but this seems like it could add some fun fluidity and clever tactics.

Oddball mode with negative points for holding the ball and autopickup on.

Nando13

Why couldn't camo just have been brought back as a powerup next to OS?

hqdefault.jpg

Maybe they were cut? I doubt it though.

Stuff as large as weapons and AA's doesn't get cut this late in development.

Unless something changed dramatically or went horribly wrong, expect this stuff to be in the game. Don't worry, 343 will show all that stuff soon.
On 11/6, when you buy the game.

L1NETT

Reminded once again why I want jetpack nuked from the universe. Take an excellent map such as Beaver Creek, and it goes from an A+ map to an F with the inclusion of jetpack, so stupid...

+10

Still hoping if Jetpack is in, it is like the Brute jump from 3.

@Shadders + Sikamikanico, I mean from a MP view. Or even how it functions.

There's a better example of an elite using it in the SDCC Spops Vid posted yesterday. I can't find the link, but it occurs 1:27 in. And I would describe it as a "jumpjet" rather than "jetpack". The way the Elite uses it was something akin to a vertical evade...was very quick.

I am retreating into pages gone by to find it.

Jetpack was shown at E3:

AAs.png

There's a better example of an elite using it in the SDCC Spops Vid posted yesterday. I can't find the link, but it occurs 1:27 in. And I would describe it as a "jumpjet" rather than "jetpack". The way the Elite uses it was something akin to a vertical evade...was very quick.

raindoc

Speaking of customs I'm perusing some guys youtube account and saw this.

We need to play it.

Cool, I have been continually impressed by what people like Pete and Darth Human have been able to accomplish with the toolset available to them.

Can't wait to see where they go with halo 4's toolset.

Shadders

Ah ok, it's this Halo Council vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9jDOnLgnY4&t=1m26s

Interesting, it has a much quicker take-off than the Reach jet pack. A jump pack like this would get around the issue of fall damage affecting jet-packers too.

Kuroyume

Banned
Finally caught up on watching a few videos I missed the past few weeks... Man, the Forge demonstration was a major disappointment. The dynamic lighting (or whatever it is) looks cool but how cool it is will depend on how you can configure the lighting. The player traits thing was also cool. Other than those two things it looked horrible. Leave it to Forge to make Foreunner environments look like complete crap. That bunker looked pathetic.

FyreWulff

Finally caught up on watching a few videos I missed the past few weeks... Man, the Forge demonstration was a major disappointment. The dynamic lighting (or whatever it is) looks cool but how cool it is will depend on how you can configure the lighting. The player traits thing was also cool. Other than those two things it looked horrible. Leave it to Forge to make Foreunner environments look like complete crap. That bunker looked pathetic.

Not surprised, considering it's a game that has the Halo 1 base geometry.. again. Maybe you'll actually be able to play Classic on Blood Gulch in Halo 4?

I really don't like the AA icons

7Yn5I.jpg

Surely they could come up with simpler, more elegant designs than these?
I don't really care how they look like but the problem of the icons is they do not show what the ability does except for Hologram and they do too much alike.(Look at thruster and promethean vision) How should a player know which one is which, and what it does?

I don't really care how they look like but the problem of the icons is they do not show what the ability does except for Hologram and they do too much alike.(Look at thruster and promethean vision) How should a player know which one is which, and what it does?

The same way the BR and DMR look similar as icons but play very differently in-game?

How can you not care how they look but at the same time point out a problem with them? Though I may be conflating "don't care" with "here's what matters." I don't think you can't care how they look and be concerned with...how they look.

raindoc

Not sure what your getting at but a lot of those pics look awesome

but not simple, or elegant. i didn't say that's a bad thing (all comes down your taste/personal preferences), but 343I's overall design so far strikes me as far more flamboyant and anime-esque than Bungie's Halo.

How can you not care how they look but at the same time point out a problem with them? Though I may be conflating "don't care" with "here's what matters." I don't think you can't care how they look and be concerned with...how they look.
My wording was bad. I don't care because I can live with them. The problems I wrote down were more problems, other people are definitely going to have.

The same way the BR and DMR look similar as icons but play very differently in-game?
My main concern was that the icons do not really show what they do. I am more talking about the thrusters because it is pretty hard to visualize Promethean Vision in this style.

I really don't like the AA icons

7Yn5I.jpg

Surely they could come up with simpler, more elegant designs than these?

Agree. Those geometrical nonsense icons mean nothing to me. They seem overly complicated and busy. Hopefully they'll pull a Bungie and swap them for images that are both simpler and easily relate to what they represent.
I mean, they don't have to be elaborate and super pretty. I just have to know what they stand for. That's priority one. And that should be obvious from the get-go, ideally, and not after hours of getting used to them.

My main concern was that the icons do not really show what they do. I am more talking about the thrusters because it is pretty hard to visualize Promethean Vision in this style.

And the icon lets you know that BRs are 3-shot burst rifles and DMRs are 1-shot rifles in what way exactly?

but not simple, or elegant. i didn't say that's a bad thing (all comes down your taste/personal preferences), but 343I's overall design so far strikes me as far more flamboyant and anime-esque than Bungie's Halo.
It's all good. Wasn't sure what you meant.

I actual love the art direction of halo 4. Reach was just shit and halo 3 was too cartoony and plastic like

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
And the icon lets you know that BRs are 3-shot burst rifles and DMRs are 1-shot rifles in what way exactly?
I don't see how this is even related. The AA icons in Reach do a very effective job of letting a player know what they do:

mljqs.jpg
CpW4Z.jpg
wjbeY.jpg

It's a valid criticism that the H4 icons don't communicate that well what each ability does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom