• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
its me or the spartan just get smaller whiel doing the dash then return to normal size?
The spartan is doing this:

ibnZGbWqJwhXiO.gif
iCFKYiUYywoqX.gif

We did, and it was in first person.
derp

I remember now.

Computron

Beautiful.

I posted some .Gifs I made, then saw that they were out of synce with eachother when posted on GAF, so I 'deleted' my post.

You guys are welcome to use that transparent pixel I made in their place.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, here's the new ones. Reversed some, adjusted the color and took some of the fade out off to get back some frames.

ibeAj2aG59Ao9K.gif

ibq2VbtsIb2K80.gif

G17

The Bulletin says Halo 4 features the new scoring system in all modes. I thought Team Slayer scoring was only based on kills and didn't add the style/assist rewards?

The Bulletin says Halo 4 features the new scoring system in all modes. I thought Team Slayer scoring was only based on kills and didn't add the style/assist rewards?
Infinity Slayer is still only based on kills, but you also get your own points for ranking up, and stuff like that. That's how it sounded to me anyway

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Infinity Slayer is still only based on kills, but you also get your own points for ranking up, and stuff like that. That's how it sounded to me anyway
The personal points you accrue in Infinity Slayer are for personal ordnance drops. I dunno if they also count as XP or not.

Computron

The God Rays in Halo 4 are impressive.

I was playing through Spec Ops: The Line and they had one level where multiple bright light sources would cast volumetric light, but the light source would have to be on screen or the effect disappears, I.E. a screen-space effect, so they would place them in different directions/locations so your system wouldn't have to render more than one at a time. Same thing in the new cryengine SDK update.

Halo 4 seems to be one of the first to include a volumetric lighting system that works all the time, even when the light source is off screen, World Space Volumetric Lighting I guess you could call it.

I wonder what they will do for Ambient-Occlusion/GI, will it just be some form of Screen Space AO (SSAO) or some other world space way like how Crysis 2's LPVs for GI on PCs?

They already seemingly upgraded their shadows to a more dynamic solution similar to UE3 Dominant Directional Shadowing and Light Probes, but if they want forge maps to shine (Even if they are all still grey blocks) I hope they do something more serious with AO/GI.
Reach's HBAO did practically nothing for forge lighting.

Good games! I literally played horridly, and probably weighed my team down a ton.. Still, we won, so I guess it could have been worse.

Anyway, here's the new ones. Reversed some, adjusted the color and took some of the fade out off to get back some frames.

*2 amazing .gifs*

Wow. Sexy.

kylej

Banned
I played Zealot too aggressively, died a lot trying to hold Gold. Games were close. ggs again y'all.

Booties and Henery definitely would've been rad though. Maybe if we can find a time this weekend we'll do it over 4v4...

(booties can play tonight, henery leave work and come play :p)

I played Zealot too aggressively, died a lot trying to hold Gold. Games were close. ggs again y'all.

Booties and Henery definitely would've been rad though. Maybe if we can find a time this weekend we'll do it over 4v4...

(booties can play tonight, henery leave work and come play :p)

Great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom