• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchsdh

I'm one of those weird people who actually enjoys The Library. I understand why people hate it, and it's not exactly stellar level design, but I liked having a segment of condensed, frantic, run-n-gun gameplay. It goes on for just a bit too long, but it's a good pattern break and I consider it a core part of the whole Halo: CE experience.

It's really not that hard, even on Legendary. For most of it, you just need to take it slow, hit enemies from range with the pistol and follow up with a shotgun blast if they get close (or even if they don't get close... the effectiveness of the pistol and the long range of the CE shotgun, combined with the fact that the Flood can't be resurrected, makes them the easiest of all the games.) The first "wait here" segment is difficult because it's wide-open, but the second and third aren't too hard at all. Only things that can ruin your day if you haven't played in a while are Rocket Flood and the places where Carriers drop down right in front of you around the corner.

Is it repetitive? You betcha. Hard? Hardly.

Louis Wu

Just saying I feel lost without halocouncil.com. Its like living under a big giant rock that blocks out all halo news...
feelsbadman.png

I think what's happening to THC bites, too - I'm just sad that folks think that's the ONLY source of news.

Fuchsdh

feelsbadman.png

I think what's happening to THC bites, too - I'm just sad that folks think that's the ONLY source of news.

You know Wu, considering how many people go to HBO you should really think about creating a news portion to go alongside the forums.

:p

Swarmerr

feelsbadman.png

Forgive me man, its just that I am really lazy when it comes to sifting for halo news. Also halocouncil makes it really easy, not that it speaks well for me lol. (its like having a picture book all over again when viewing halocouncil's news page) :/

I now feel obligated to visit hbo more frequently.

CyReN

Woa woa woa wtf.

Louis Wu/HBO will always be the head guy for his news and a Halo fan site, yes we do Halo news but we are more content oriented from our team with some competitive elements in that. Everyone should be visiting HBO daily to begin with if you don't.

Vire

Woa woa woa wtf.

Louis Wu/HBO will always be the head guy for his news and a Halo fan site, yes we do Halo news but we are more content oriented from our team with some competitive elements in that. Everyone should be visiting HBO daily to begin with if you don't.

I visit both HBO and THC daily. Love em both.

It's the only way I can stay up to date these days.

lilty

GGs earlier guys. That was a lot of fun. Sorry I had to bail, neighbor wanted to walk dogs and he was waiting outside my door at the end of the Sanctuary game.

If you guys are playing Halo 3 customs later I'll see if I can play.

Steely,
I got your invite as soon as the game loaded :( Looked for you afterwards, but you had already logged off.
No problem, I just saw on my Active Roster that you guys were searching with 7 players in MLG, so I thought I'd toss invites, but you guys got into a game.
Folks, I'm about to drive back home. Anyone up for some halo in about 3 hours? Wolfpack?
I was just about to post.

I'm a be playing and drinking and streaming tonight. Like old school.

Good players get on.
This wolf thinks a hunting session would be good tonight.

Tawpgun

GGs earlier guys. That was a lot of fun. Sorry I had to bail, neighbor wanted to walk dogs and he was waiting outside my door at the end of the Sanctuary game.

If you guys are playing Halo 3 customs later I'll see if I can play.

Your snipe is like what the fuck.

gg.

If you've been away from the thread and think you missed a video or news bit, follow these three easy steps:

1. Do NOT immediately ask "Hey what did I miss? Can I get a link?'
2. Check http://Halo.Bungie.Org
3. If you didn't find what you were looking for, ask in the thread. Someone will usually find you the correct HBO link.

I assumed this was common sense, but I guess it needs to be stated: This should be standard procedure.

Pax-goers, can we promise one night that we can go get adult beverages and karaoke?

I have an itch that only Garth can scratch.

Just one night?
You do not want to witness my karaoke "skills".

Swarmerr

So I think HBO just got a free advertising campaign thanks to me :) (not that it needed one in the first place)

sooooooo, wu...
obligatory
we cool right?

I used to visit so many gaming sites before I was a GAF member. Now, it's only GAF.

LOL! Crazy because I was beginning to question if that's what has been happening to me lately since I've been approved about a month ago...

Have I reached Maslow's Self-Actualization on teh webz because of my neoGAF activation?? :eek:

DD-11

For starters, "Quarantine Zone" had horrible, mismatched pacing. You'll start off in a fast vehicle, switch to a slow one, be forced out on foot, get in a slow vehicle again, get out on foot, and eventually work your way into the worst Halo 2 encounter on the floating platform of endless Flood. The enemies throughout the mission are almost all Flood or they are Sentinels, which doesn't create a great variety of enemies. The best way through the mission on Heroic or Legendary is to abuse the camo. Many of the Flood are given heavy ordinance such as Rockets or Tanks, which anyone will say "sucks for gameplay". That and it has one of the most anti-climactic parts of the game(probably only beaten out by the ending of the game itself) in which you have a tense(but bullshit) fight on the floating platform and walk into a flood infested area. Where you fight nothing.

It is probably the worst or second worst mission gameplay wise of Halo 2. But with that being said, it is nowhere near as bad as "Cortana" or "The Library".

Cortana: the ranged Flood forms make it so much worse. Even if you know how to beat them(Plasma Rifles at range) it's still such a monotonous task dealing with them.

The Library: It is infinitely respawning Flood. No mission can be any worse. Fun fact: It's the only FPS Halo campaign mission that I have never beat on Legendary. I usually quit when I reach the first elevator and say "Fuck this. I'm not dealing with 3 more floors of this shit."

You do realize that pacing has nothing to do with the speed by which you travel, right?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Feels bad man.

Image wont work, but I love going +6 and having 10 more kills than everyone else and everyone goes negative but me. FUN.

EDIT: Breg, Fracas, I can play but I wouldn't be in chat, that fine?

Just read something interesting on HBO:

Primordium audio book spoilers
Apparently, in the audio book version of Primordium, at the end of the book, you slowly hear Tim Dababo's voice (he narrates the audio book) transite into 343 guilty spark's voice. Pretty awesome and it's the first time I hear about it.

Primordium spoilers
Apparently, in the audio book version of Primordium, at the end of the book, you slowly hear Tim Dababo's voice (he narrates the audio book) transite into 343 guilty spark's voice. Pretty awesome and it's the first time I hear about it.

Should have said Primordium audio book spoilers, too. I read the book but now I'm listening to the audiobook and I hadn't gotten to that part yet. Not a big deal, though.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Should have said Primordium audio book spoilers, too. I read the book but now I'm listening to the audiobook and I hadn't gotten to that part yet. Not a big deal, though.

Can I ask why you're listening to the audio book when you've already read it? I'm genuinely curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom